Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Ovechkin's goal vs Crosby's goal Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

devilsjetsfan
Top Prospect

Canada
59 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2007 :  18:28:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who's goal is better? Crosby's wild diving goal against Tampa Bay's golie,Holmqvist when he got the pass from Recchi and dove to tip it in or Oveckin's sick individual effort to get it behind the back and score against Phoenix's golie?

Here are the videos:
Crosby's goal-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um7zMwbYNmkOveckin's goal-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORzka4cStNI

Go Devils Go

Edited by - devilsjetsfan on 01/21/2007 20:26:25

devilsjetsfan
Top Prospect

Canada
59 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2007 :  18:52:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like crosby's goal better because he was going full tilt and he dove close to the post and still got his stick on the puck to put it in.

Go Devils Go
Go to Top of Page

Guest2833
( )

Posted - 01/21/2007 :  19:03:55  Reply with Quote
What a crock ! Cherry is right, Crosby the hotdog falls " on purpose" to dramatize an effort. He had no reason to prematurely fall other than to showboat.
Ovechkin 10...Crosby 01.
Steve from Nova Scotia
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2007 :  19:42:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2833

What a crock ! Cherry is right, Crosby the hotdog falls " on purpose" to dramatize an effort. He had no reason to prematurely fall other than to showboat.
Ovechkin 10...Crosby 01.
Steve from Nova Scotia

...or extend to reach the puck...whatever...

Did you go to the John Madden school of Sport?

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2007 :  19:52:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
crosby's was way better because ovy's goal was luck. he just threw his stick and it went in. crosby's goal was on purpose he had complete control of the puck

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

-oil-country-
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
988 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2007 :  20:02:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they are both amazing goals but i liked Ovechkins better. By the way what was Jospeh thinking on that play he was way out of his net.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2007 :  20:10:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't see anything special about Crosby's goal. It's not the first time anyone has ever had to reach to tip in a puck before... I don't think it was showboating either, to me he looked like an idiot, it was completely unnecessary to do that when all he had to do was reach forward... But instead he'd rather fall to the ice and go crashing into the post, his call.

Ovechkin's is the best goal I've ever seen in my life, at any level. It's the perfect combination of skill, luck, determination and accuracy. He didn't "mean" to score that way, but he never gave up on it, it's like he knew where the puck was all along.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2007 :  20:17:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by -oil-country-

they are both amazing goals but i liked Ovechkins better. By the way what was Jospeh thinking on that play he was way out of his net.

That wasn't cujo in net buddy hahahahahahahah...that was brian Boucher.

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  09:52:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Definitely Ovechkin's. He wasn't trying to show off, he just wanted to get that puck in the net and even when he fell he still made a sweet shot and made it. Crosby's was good too, but was that fancy leaning really necessary? All he had to do was reach an extra foot or so...
Go to Top of Page

the hockey guy
Rookie

Canada
135 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  12:53:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would say its crosby because he ment to do it (even though it was unnecessary and obviously showboating) and ovechkin was pure luck and just prooved that good things happen when you puck the puck on the net.
Go to Top of Page

KariyaSelanne
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
297 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  14:24:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

Ovechkin's is the best goal I've ever seen in my life, at any level. It's the perfect combination of skill, luck, determination and accuracy. He didn't "mean" to score that way, but he never gave up on it, it's like he knew where the puck was all along.

I totally agree Ovechkins is way better, Crosby wanted to go in Ovechkins footsteps and try to get an amazing goal.

Go Preds Go!!!
Go to Top of Page

Just-in-time
Top Prospect

Canada
19 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  16:41:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Ovechkin's goal was better even tho luck played a part in it, I agree Crosby was showboating, because didnt need to dive to get that puck.

Go Jets Go
Go to Top of Page

Just-in-time
Top Prospect

Canada
19 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  16:45:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also think Ovechkiin had to work harder for his goal by making the move on the d-man, He was also skating alot harder then that winnie crosby.

Go Jets Go
Go to Top of Page

Ripley
PickupHockey Pro

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  16:46:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ovechkin, hands down. he knew was way out and still had a nose for the net. I've scored goals like crosby's, all he had to do was put his stick down and it was going in.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8888
( )

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  16:55:34  Reply with Quote
I think Ovechkin's goal was better even though it was a total fluke. It was like one of those circus see in basketball where the player gets hit and spins around, like, 4 times and blindly throws it in the direction of the hoop, hoping it goes in. Pure fluke but still totally awesome.
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2007 :  15:40:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ovechkin's goal was wayyy nicer then Crosby's. His goal wasn't all that special but Ovie's showed just how much of a natural scorer he really is.

~You play to win the Game~ Herm Edwards
Go to Top of Page

-oil-country-
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
988 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2007 :  16:05:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

quote:
Originally posted by -oil-country-

That wasn't cujo in net buddy hahahahahahahah...that was brian Boucher.

I HATE CROSBY

oh i didn't know. Then what was Boucher thinking
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2007 :  19:01:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd say Ovechkin because.... idk i just like it (i know you guys thought i would say Crosby right)
Go to Top of Page

KariyaSelanne
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
297 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2007 :  19:14:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Just-In-Time

I also think Ovechkiin had to work harder for his goal by making the move on the d-man, He was also skating alot harder then that winnie crosby.

Go Jets Go

Ha Weird, I always thought winnie was a bear.

Go Preds Go!!!

Edited by - KariyaSelanne on 01/25/2007 19:14:26
Go to Top of Page

ryschevy1
Rookie

Canada
186 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  14:29:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ovechkin's is way better. Just shows how much determination the guy has. Kinda reminds me of Hasek when he played for Buffalo, just do whatever you think it might take as a last effort and hope for the best. Dom made some unbelieveable saves that would also be considered fluky, but it got the job done. Anyone can fall down and tip a puck into the net they way Crosby did. I can't even skate worth a damn but I'm sure I could slide and tip it if it was close enough!

GO OIL!!! YA!!!
Go to Top of Page

devilsjetsfan
Top Prospect

Canada
59 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  12:44:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Luck!

Go Devils Go
Go to Top of Page

Guest5029
( )

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  10:29:20  Reply with Quote
As for someone to suggest Crosby was "hotdogging it" and he didn't have to dive, that's completely assinine. anybody who isn't blind with an IQ bigger than their shoe size could see that Crosby clearly extended his reach by diving for the tap in and deftly wedged the puck over Holmquist's pad. Staying on his feet would have resulted in a missed pass. I don't know what Cherry's problem is or why he would say that.

Ovechkin's was more spectacular to be sure.

The better question is which player is better. Easily Crosby. I like OV but all the discussion about this guy's supposidly wonderful playmaking is nauseauting. 70% of OV's assists are rebounds. I seem to remember a guy named Brett Hull who banged in 80 goals/season for a few years and NEVER was recognized for his decent playmaking ability for at least 10 yrs! This I find ironic as OV is way overated as a play maker after onlyr 1 season in my eyes. Sure he is a decent playmaker but nowhere near Sid's level. OV definitely is offensively much more 1 dimensional than Crosby.

Edited by - bablaboushka on 01/31/2007 10:32:51
Go to Top of Page

Guest9398
( )

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  11:04:47  Reply with Quote
Ovechkin's goal is definitely the nicer of the two. If you notice the replay he actually flipped the stick to make the shot.
Crosby's is not so special. It also seems that the dropping to one knee was unnecessary. If he was trying to extend his reach to reach the puck he probably would have dove on his stomach like we've seen so many players do (for example to get the puck out of the zone on a penalty kill).
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  11:31:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree that it appears that Ovi is more one dimensional, but to say that overwhelmingly is a bit premature. Has Ovechkin ever played with a guy that can pass or score?? Semin is ok, but not cream of the crop by any means. I would like to see Ovechkin with a player like Spezza. A guy that can score and pass. I think you would see not only Ovechin's playmaking come out a bit more, but I think he would also throw more pucks in the back of the net. Now that is a scary thought.

And Brett Hull was a playmaker?? When did this happen?? I must have missed that memo. You want to talk about a guy that got most of his assists on rebounds. A guy who finished his career with 741 goals and 630 assists does not register on my charts as a "Playmaker."
Go to Top of Page

vintage
Top Prospect

Canada
97 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  13:59:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ovechkin is a goal scorer more like gretzky and crosby in the future years of his career will become more of a chelios and lemieux more assists than goals. although i think crosby will have more goals and points at the end of the two players careers .
Go to Top of Page

NHLSuperstarMarcChouinard
Top Prospect

Canada
7 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  00:38:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wasn't a big fan of Ovechkin's goal... it was interesting but it was just a total fluke. I liked Crosby's goal though, took some good hand-eye coordination to put it in.

Marc Chouinard: 2 goals, 2 assists
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  00:43:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NHLSuperstarMarcChouinard

I wasn't a big fan of Ovechkin's goal... it was interesting but it was just a total fluke. I liked Crosby's goal though, took some good hand-eye coordination to put it in.

Marc Chouinard: 2 goals, 2 assists

Good assesment, I didnt like Ovechkins goal as well, i think anybody could have done it, MARC CHOUINARD IS A BUETY!!

CANUCKS RULE!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest5029
( )

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  14:32:07  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

I agree that it appears that Ovi is more one dimensional, but to say that overwhelmingly is a bit premature. Has Ovechkin ever played with a guy that can pass or score?? Semin is ok, but not cream of the crop by any means. I would like to see Ovechkin with a player like Spezza. A guy that can score and pass. I think you would see not only Ovechin's playmaking come out a bit more, but I think he would also throw more pucks in the back of the net. Now that is a scary thought.

And Brett Hull was a playmaker?? When did this happen?? I must have missed that memo. You want to talk about a guy that got most of his assists on rebounds. A guy who finished his career with 741 goals and 630 assists does not register on my charts as a "Playmaker."

Gee that's interesting.....630 career assists and the guy can't make a play? I didn't say Hull was a "play maker" persay more making an example of how he wasn't recognized as a decent playmaker for many seasons. Hull was of course primarily a goal scorer but was an underated passer. Ask Gretzky because he was one of the guys who pointed that out. I don't know how you interpret Hull as primarily a "playmaker" read it again!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4940
( )

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  15:46:09  Reply with Quote
crosbys cuz ovechkins is just plain showing off
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  17:00:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, I think it's just the reverse...
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  17:24:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How could Ovechkin possibly have been showing off? Wow, you guys should try scoring like that on purpose...
Go to Top of Page

KariyaSelanne
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
297 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  19:31:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4940

crosbys cuz ovechkins is just plain showing off

Ya, he was showing off his ability to never give up and that he has way more talent than Crosby.

Go Preds Go!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest5765
( )

Posted - 09/25/2007 :  13:56:13  Reply with Quote
Crosby is so overrated
Go to Top of Page

fly4apuckguy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
834 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2007 :  17:51:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a huge Crosby fan. Let me get that straight.

Ovechkin's goal is the best one I've seen in maybe 15-20 years. I am happy to say I was watching that game live, and it came out of nowhere, when you thought it was going to be a nothing play. It's the first one that actually made me scream "Oh s***!" out loud in my living room since the one where Steve Yzerman lobbed the puck perfectly over a defenceman's head into an open net in the late 80's. Mario may have had a couple of other good ones in there, too.

Anyway, I think Crosby is a more consistantly amazing player, but if I ever see a better goal than Ovechkin's before I die, I'll be shocked. It was flat out unbelievable.

PS - for those of you who say Sidney is a hotdog, you don't watch his games, obviously. I love Cherry, but he can't analyze what he's not able to understand.
Go to Top of Page

fly4apuckguy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
834 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2007 :  17:54:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest5765

Crosby is so overrated

As a guy who's been around since Orr, Gretzky, and Mario I'll say this:

The only thing more predictable than the emergence of a once-in-twenty-years superstar is the guy (or multitude of guys) who hates on them for no apparent reason other than to be a voice of opposition. It's a power thing...Psychology 101.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2007 :  14:06:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest5765

Crosby is so overrated

What a well thought-out opinion /sarc

Dude Crosby is not overrated. He gets too much media coverage, but he is not overrated. Youngest to 200 points, 120 pts last year, a Hart, Ross, and Pearson trophy, team captain...he's not overrated.

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2007 :  14:39:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Mik, I agree that Crosby is not over-rated. However, those youngest to records are really pointless. Gretzky starting as a Pro as a 17 year old, only that is not recognized because he was in the WHA.

If you are under the age of 15, please do some research before you make a post about anything pre-1997.
Go to Top of Page

nashvillepreds
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1053 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2007 :  16:06:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree that crosby isn't overated. The media ust gives him too much attention. Its only because a super-star like crosby comes along like every 10 years. Even Gretzky agrees he's going to be amazing.
BTW I'm new to this website but not new to hockey forum sites.

GO PREDATORS GO
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2007 :  16:45:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

However, those youngest to records are really pointless. Gretzky starting as a Pro as a 17 year old, only that is not recognized because he was in the WHA.

Yeah I see your point. I just threw those in there to add to the list of accomplishments, but it all boils down to who was born when to determine the youngest records, and that's irrelevant to the player's talent.

I'm hoping to get to a Pens/Caps game this winter when I'm out of school on break...I want to see Crosby, Ovechkin, and Malkin on the same sheet of ice!

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2007 :  21:00:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've already got my tix for Dec 5th when Sid the Kid and Company come to Edmonton.

TV is one thing, but when you can see the whole ice while the play is going on you can really tell a players skills.

I'm looking forward to it.

If you are under the age of 15, please do some research before you make a post about anything pre-1997.
Go to Top of Page

fly4apuckguy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
834 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2007 :  21:42:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"The media gives Crosby too much attention."

Okay, how does somebody respond to that? He gets a lot of attention, yes, but are you suggesting when he comes to your town, the media should refuse to interview him? Or maybe when he scores a highlight reel goal, you'd prefer to watch soccer highlights from Spain so that Sid doesn't get too much attention. Or maybe something else...
"
Sorry, Sid, we know you just won the Hart Trophy, but instead of telling people, we're going to play some women's college basketball highlights.
There she goes, up for the dunk....oh, well, maybe next time. At least we didn't give that darn Crosby kid any more attention!"

Maybe it's because I'm from a non-NHL area, and I appreciate all great hockey players and teams, and not just the Leafs every Saturday and Wednesday night....but I could pretty much watch a 24 hour Crosby channel if all he did was play hockey all day.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page