Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 best sleeper pick in your opinion for this year. Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Deaner
Rookie

Canada
107 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2010 :  17:46:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
alright guys i want to see who your number one sleeper pick is for this coming season.

ToXXiK1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
696 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2010 :  07:22:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I expect better seasons from:

V. Lecavalier
M. Savvard
N. Horton
B. Wheeler
Iggy
T. Zajak
C. Price

"Can't see the forest for the trees? BUY A CHAINSAW !!"
Go to Top of Page

Guest0362
( )

Posted - 09/19/2010 :  15:39:23  Reply with Quote
Sleepers for me would be:
Vancouver - Samuelsson - If on top line he could get amazing numbers, if on second line not too shabby either with Kesler and Raymond.
TB - Gagner if healthy but how about Steve Downie who quietly got over 40 pts last year
Was - Brooks Laich - I see 60 pts in him - John Carlsson could get pretty good numbers and overshadowed by Green
Tor - Bozak and Kulemin - together with Kessel could be pretty nice
SJ - Pavelski is ready to go to the next level but not really a sleeper
NYR - Frolov - first line minutes - Stefan off the radar altogether on first line
Pit - Tangratti - they want him to be the power forward on the top 2 lines with either Crosby or Malkin
Phi - VanRiemsdyk - bringing him up slow but should get more ice time
Ott - Michalek if he is healthy is a good pick - Erik Carlsson is a good bet to improve his numbers on D but Gonchar will get bulk of D points
NYI - Okposo - have loved watching him since WJHC
Det - Fillipula - getting better every year
Flo - Frolik will get first line minutes now that Horton is gone somebody has to score
Min - Latendresse has chemistry with Havlat. could be his breakout year as a power forward. Wish it was with Montreal
Dal - James Neal is not on a lot of poolsters radar. Good pick for 50-65 points
Edm - Gagner only because Edmonton took last. Any of the three rookies HAll Eberle Pajjarvi will get ice time because they are the future. Hall probably will be on everyones radar so likely will be picked higher than he should be
Mon - A Kostitsyn is a bit of a gamble but his brother is gone and maybe he will concentrate on hockey now. He has a ton of ability
Bos - stay away from Seguin- I don't think he will be on top line or get much PP until January
Cgy - Alex Tanguay will be given a lot of chance on a line with Jokinen and Iginla.
Atl - Peverly and berfors will be good for 50 -60 points
Car - Erik Cole if he is healthy is one of my favorite players -Ditto for Ruutu
Clb - my favorite sleeper is Voracek and Brassard is also pretty good
Go to Top of Page

ToXXiK1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
696 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2010 :  02:49:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With the announcement of Savard being sidelined for the start of the season, Seguin WILL be on the ice and will have his chance to prove he belongs there.

"Can't see the forest for the trees? BUY A CHAINSAW !!"
Go to Top of Page

Guest0362
( )

Posted - 09/20/2010 :  07:34:03  Reply with Quote
Seguin will be on the second line getting 2nd line pp time and maybe if you want to trade for him for the second half of the season then that would be fine. I would count on him for 40 points and 50 at tops. I categorize him as someone that will go in a draft way too early due to his hype as will Hall but I see Hall getting 50 to 60 points and drafted early as well. Neither will be around long enough to be sleepers or steals or highway robbery etc because everyone has them on their minds already and sleeper is what the man asked not do you think this highly hyped player is going to get X number of points
Go to Top of Page

Guest4803
( )

Posted - 09/20/2010 :  09:34:11  Reply with Quote
Jamie Benn on Dallas, 5th in rookie scoring last year, is a big body who should be a top 6 forward on the Stars. After the season he went and played in the AHL for the affiliate and was the top scorer in the Calder Cup. One of two players ever to score 4 goals in a World Junior game and in a Memorial cup game the same year.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2010 :  00:03:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mine has to be J. Voracek if for no other reason than the ridiculous amount of love he seems to get here on PUH.com? I seriously think he and his family post here....
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2010 :  14:05:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jamie Benn from Dallas . . . nice one, definite sleeper. Neal on the same team is also a good pick that I agree with, although he is totally unproven and is a bit of a risk - second last round pick for me.

Bozak and Kulemin, unfortunately, are on the Leafs, hence - can't be sleepers. No one in recent history has ever been a sleeper on the Leafs, as we have the most print media, newstories, radio stations, talking about these guys 24/7. But yes, in theory, both sleepers.

For me, looking at the Leafs, I want Versteeg for my keeper pool - I see big upside there, and he is still young. And last year, his second year really, was just a little sophomore dip, and on the Leafs moving up a huge notch with more minutes, he could and should easily get over 60 points.

Oh, wait - he isn't physically mature, because he's 5'10 and 182 lbs . . . .

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2010 :  03:13:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jack Skille for Chicago a 7th overall pick 23 years old apprently very very very tough player with great speed and a booming shot could fit into a top six role and with the great players in that top six could be a huge pick up in late late rounds

Mike Ryder going into his contract year i'm will to bet if he stays healthy he puts up another 30 goal season this year

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Guest7924
( )

Posted - 09/22/2010 :  07:09:18  Reply with Quote
I think Boston will have a great year...so i'm going to go with Nathan Horton. Some others to keep an eye on.

John Carlson, Was
Derrick Brassard, Clb
Andy McDonald, Stl

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page