Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Super Crosby??? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ryschevy1
Rookie

Canada
186 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2007 :  08:20:57  Show Profile
Hey I was just wondering how the top vote getter for the all-star game comes out with only 3 shots and no points in a 12-9 game? Yeah I know he clinched the skills competition for the East but where the hell was he during the game? Good thing Briere and company were there to pick up the slack!!!

GO OIL!!! YA!!!

Guest7401
( )

Posted - 01/25/2007 :  11:16:31
Don't forget a -4...

Maybe he finally felt a bit of pressure
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2007 :  11:44:14  Show Profile
Yeah he was hyped up so much about how good he was in the skills competition and how he was the same age as Gretzky going into the All-Star game, and then he didn't even score! I seriously could not find a single article online about the All-Star Week that didn't have Crosby's name in the title. THERE IS MORE TO THE NHL THAN CROSBY! Yes, he's a great player, I am not doubting that at all, but last I checked hockey was team sport, and there ARE other good players out there. They might not be as good as Crosby, but they still deserve some attention. And I was quite surprised when Sid didn't score last night...(that's why the East lost )
Go to Top of Page

KariyaSelanne
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
297 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2007 :  15:19:28  Show Profile
Crosby's used to playing teams with not all the best players in the league, thats why he probably had trouble, but its a big deal Crosby didn't score thats why all the online articles had him in it, they expected him to do great. They should consider laying off Crosby tho, there are better players out there.

Go Preds Go!!!

Edited by - KariyaSelanne on 01/25/2007 15:19:57
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2007 :  15:44:05  Show Profile
Maybe the reason why Crosby has so many points is because the rest of his team sucks and they don't take many shots so Sid grabs the puck and takes them all and makes them. Cuz when he's on the same team as players who are actually good (unlike much of Pittsburgh), he can't have the puck all the time so he can't always score.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2007 :  18:08:05  Show Profile
Did anyone out there notice that ovechkin gets limited credit now...I swear to god, here in Canada, it's some kind of Crosby conspiracy going down.....In any paper, on any canadian sports station, you get lots of crosby, and very little ovi-one......Just b/c Crosby is canadian, doesn't mean I should be forced to hear all about him, and nothing about ovi......I mean, they still show some ovi, but his highlights are always like 3 commercial breaks after sid.....Typically on TSN now, they always show sid's post-game interviews....That's bulls***!!!!!! Ovechkin is an unreal player, and is right behind sid in points...So f*** you TSN..

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

ryschevy1
Rookie

Canada
186 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2007 :  18:28:40  Show Profile
Agree with you 100% IHC(can't believe it). There are so many other fine CANADIAN hockey players who are bein overshadowed by this clown. St.Louis, Lecavalier, and Heatley round out the top 5 in scoring along with Ovechkin and there's no hype surrounding these guys. Just because McDonalds, Tim Horton's, and Reebok line Crosby's pockets and Lemieux doesn't let these other guys sleep on his couch doesn't mean that they don't deserve as much respect. My prediction for the future is that Crosby ends up like the last "next one" Eric Lindros. He'll be a consistent scorer when he is healthy, but won't break any records.

GO OIL!!! YA!!!
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2007 :  19:37:36  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY
Just b/c Crosby is canadian, doesn't mean I should be forced to hear all about him

So does that mean you're sick of hearing nothing but Leafs news out of TSN and nothing but Leafs games on CBC????

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2007 :  20:04:30  Show Profile
TSN shows stuff on every Canadian team pretty equally....But I admit CBC has some issues there......I don't mind cause I like the leafs, but the Habs, Nucks and Sens get no props from CBC (especially the other 2 eastern teams.....the west tems get pretty equal coverage)....

I think Sportsnet does the best job.....The have a different program depending on which city you live in, so you get lots of your hometown stuff, but they also give props to ALL the other teams in the league...And they don't try to over-sell sid like the other channels..

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

lyall
PickupHockey Pro

360 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2007 :  22:22:23  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

Yeah he was hyped up so much about how good he was in the skills competition and how he was the same age as Gretzky going into the All-Star game, and then he didn't even score!
Gretzky didn't score a goal or get a single point in his first all star game either. But still holds the scoring title for the All-Star games.

And yes, I agree all this "Sid The Kid" hype is way too much. But when was the last time we seen such talent? I believe it was in the 80's when Gretzky was leading the Oilers to the cup. And after those games do you think the first choice for a post-game interview was Yari Kurri? I highly doubt it. But he was still an amazing player.

If it's any consolation at all, just think that 10 years from now(provided he is still playing), Sidney Crosby will be 29 years old........................And still be called "Sid The Kid".

Edited by - lyall on 01/27/2007 10:42:36
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  05:51:20  Show Profile
quote:

TSN shows stuff on every Canadian team pretty equally....But I admit CBC has some issues there......I don't mind cause I like the leafs, but the Habs, Nucks and Sens get no props from CBC (especially the other 2 eastern teams.....the west tems get pretty equal coverage)....

I think Sportsnet does the best job.....The have a different program depending on which city you live in, so you get lots of your hometown stuff, but they also give props to ALL the other teams in the league...And they don't try to over-sell sid like the other channels..

I HATE CROSBY

I...um...agree.....?

LONG LIVE SPORTSNET!!!

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  12:49:40  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by lyall

Gretzky didn't score a goal or get a single point in his first all star game either. But still holds the scoring title for the All-Star games.

I swear, if I see one article online about this saying how Sid's All-Star record was the same as Gretzky's down to the age and whether or not they scored or got a point, I'm going to go nuts. Just because Sid has done exactly what Gretzky did in the A-S game (even if it was nothing), does not mean he's destined to follow in Gretzky's footsteps. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be surprised if he did become The Next One, but simply because he was identical in the A-S game is not proof to swear by.

And about talent, I'm not doubting Sid's talent, just getting sick of the overblown hype.

And btw lyall, 10 years from now Crosby will be 29 years old

Edited by - Mikhailova on 01/26/2007 14:40:02
Go to Top of Page

ryschevy1
Rookie

Canada
186 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  14:15:52  Show Profile
Check out the last issue of Sports Illustrated. I just read it today and there is a 3 or 4 page article comparing Gretz and Crosby. They figure out the pace that Sid is on right now, he will still never touch any of Gretz's single season records. They even have Mark Recchi quoting that in todays day and age of the sport and the %age of goals per game (7 somethin compared to 5. somethin now) that it would have to be pretty phenomenal for him to even come close to Gretz.
Pretty interesting article though. I had to bring myself to the second-time around of flipping though to stop and actually read it though. Gettin kinda sick of "Sid the Kid".

GO OIL!!! YA!!!
Go to Top of Page

lyall
PickupHockey Pro

360 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  21:57:22  Show Profile
quote:
And btw lyall, 10 years from now Crosby will be 29 years old

lol. Yeahm that's what I meant, I don't know why I hit the 3. It wasn't even a typo either. I guess i'm just really bad at math.
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2007 :  18:41:44  Show Profile
quote:

I HATE CROSBY

When the Sens play on CBC, don't they get their own coverage and a seperate brodcast showing their game instead of the leafs game. I wish there was a Sens fan here I could bicker with. Cuz everyone knows the leafs are better.

~You play to win the Game~ Herm Edwards
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2007 :  12:13:32  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by leafsfan_101
I wish there was a Sens fan here I could bicker with. Cuz everyone knows the leafs are better.

~You play to win the Game~ Herm Edwards

Well, my good man, look no further! I believe there is a Sens v. Leafs thread in the trash talk forum where we can get rowdy comparing these two teams...

...LETS GET READY TO RUMMMMBLLLLLLE!

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2007 :  18:49:41  Show Profile
Leafsfan101 u are dilusional the sens are way WAY better then the leafs.

CANUCKS RULE!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest5029
( )

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  14:47:57
quote:

Did anyone out there notice that ovechkin gets limited credit now...I swear to god, here in Canada, it's some kind of Crosby conspiracy going down.....In any paper, on any canadian sports station, you get lots of crosby, and very little ovi-one......Just b/c Crosby is canadian, doesn't mean I should be forced to hear all about him, and nothing about ovi......I mean, they still show some ovi, but his highlights are always like 3 commercial breaks after sid.....Typically on TSN now, they always show sid's post-game interviews....That's bulls***!!!!!! Ovechkin is an unreal player, and is right behind sid in points...So f*** you TSN..

I HATE CROSBY

Are you guys all there in your heads? I can't believe these posts. Women on soap opera posts are less catty and more intelligent sounding. Give it a rest. Any you guys call Crosby a baby? Take a look in the mirrior....Wow! just....Wow! Newsflash! Just think what the Toronto sports network would cover Sid like if he was a Leaf! Stop the verbal diareahea please!
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  14:59:51  Show Profile
quote:

I swear to god, here in Canada, it's some kind of Crosby conspiracy going down.....

Well then good thing I don't live in Canada, eh

But seriously, it's not just TSN. You ever watched FSN? Or MSG? They hype up Crosby just as much.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2646
( )

Posted - 02/13/2007 :  13:53:43
quote:

Yeah he was hyped up so much about how good he was in the skills competition and how he was the same age as Gretzky going into the All-Star game, and then he didn't even score! I seriously could not find a single article online about the All-Star Week that didn't have Crosby's name in the title. THERE IS MORE TO THE NHL THAN CROSBY! Yes, he's a great player, I am not doubting that at all, but last I checked hockey was team sport, and there ARE other good players out there. They might not be as good as Crosby, but they still deserve some attention. And I was quite surprised when Sid didn't score last night...(that's why the East lost )

Before you form an opinion why don't you get the facts straight. Gretzky was hyped up during his first all star game as well and guess what Gretzky never scored a point in his first all star game eitherl. And further more, Ovechkin was steeling other players ice time by staying on the ice way to long. Crosby and Shanahan would change, be on the bench for over thirty seconds and Ovechkin would still be on the ice with the next line while the player that belonged to that shift would waite for Ovechkin to get the hell off the ice. Kelly Rhudy mentioned to Crosby with comparison to Gretzky that both did not score a point in their all-star debut. Kelly Rhudy also mentioned no wonder Ovechkin got a goal in the all star game, he was stealing other player's shifts so he was playing double the minutes. What an ice pig. How the hell can anyone expect Crosby to click with Ovechkin when Ovechkin is playing tired from steeling icetime. Crosby gives one hundred percent every shift and if you notice his shifts are usually no longer than thirty seconds long. Imagine if Crosby had the same amount of icetime as most other players do in the top ten for scoring. If anyone really follows Crosby in stead of just forming opinions because they are jeleous they would know that they are watching this generations Gretzky and their are more comparisons than differences. I love Crosby.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2007 :  15:01:03  Show Profile
Well 2646, you seem quick to accuse Mik of not getting her facts straight when you didn't even address, let alone correct, anything she said in her post, which by the way was based much more heavily on opinion than fact. She's talking about the excessive hype Crosby got during All-Star week and you're tearing Ovechkin up...

You are more than welcome to refute other people's opinions but there is no need to accuse them of distorting facts when they don't even present any, nor are you willing to correct what you believe is wrong.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2007 :  15:02:16  Show Profile
Guest--I know Gretzky didn't score a goal in his first all-star game either. But just because Sid did the same thing as Gretzky in the A-S game does not mean he's going to follow down the same path (I wouldn't be surprised if he did, but this isn't proof to base your point on, he has to continue his streak for many seasons). I said dozens of times already, I am not being critical of Crosby, I'm being critical of the media for hyping him up so much.

And if Crosby's such an amazing superstar why didn't he scored a point even with the ice time he had, eh? (I'm not slamming him here, I'm saying that claiming the only reason he didn't score was because he didn't get enough ice time is ridiculous. Admit it, even he isn't immune to zero-point games, he won't always score. It's pointless to cook up excuses as to why he didn't score but should have).

And if you want to argue why don't you get an account and back up what you say with a name, stop hiding behind a guest number.

Edited by - Mikhailova on 02/13/2007 15:08:11
Go to Top of Page

-oil-country-
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
988 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2007 :  15:04:48  Show Profile
quote:

quote:

I swear to god, here in Canada, it's some kind of Crosby conspiracy going down.....

Well then good thing I don't live in Canada, eh

But seriously, it's not just TSN. You ever watched FSN? Or MSG? They hype up Crosby just as much.

lol are FSN and MSG American channels?

P.S My brothers allergic to MSG, it's some kind of sauce that makes food last longer lol
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2007 :  15:06:32  Show Profile
LOL yeah they're American. FSN=Fox Sports Network, MSG=Madison Square Garden (not the preservative in food, lol)
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2007 :  15:28:18  Show Profile
Since we already have a nine page conversation on whether or not you like Sidney, this is not neccessary. Locked.

Plus, lols and I agrees are for chat rooms guys. Lets keep this a quality forum.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page