Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 do you hate sidney crosby???? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2006 :  15:19:41  Show Profile
hey this is semin and im wondering how many like and dislike sydney crosby???

tell me your reasons to

Edited by - bablaboushka on 12/10/2006 05:17:44

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2006 :  15:23:36  Show Profile
I like Sidney Crosby because he is at the right place at the right time and Alexabder Semin is a good player too

Shawn Howard
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2006 :  16:36:13  Show Profile
Well I live in Dartmouth, NS where Crosby is from and he's all you hear about over here. I really got sick of it last year because he showed how much of a baby he can be, but this year he's smartened up a bit and he's much more fun to watch.
Go to Top of Page

lyall
PickupHockey Pro

360 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2006 :  22:24:05  Show Profile
Good player, but he is still young & way too cocky. I like him though, can't wait to watch hime play with Sakic, Smyth and the other greats on team Canada
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2006 :  23:58:11  Show Profile
Same here i can't wait to see him play with them Sakic,Heatley,Smylth and so on
Go to Top of Page

Guest6208
( )

Posted - 12/10/2006 :  06:00:48
How can you not love Sid the Kid. He's the most talented player on the ice, plays with an edge and has fun out there. As a Leafs fan, I'd trade the buds plus their farm system to get Crosby.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6934
( )

Posted - 12/10/2006 :  08:47:38
I have to agree, I don't see how anyone could knock this guy. A little cocky? Possibly (although I don't personally think so), but give him a break, he's still just a kid and he's been touted as the league saviour for years now; that could go to anyone's head. He's only going to get better and I think he may be the best player in the league already. He's exciting, has tons of skill and plays hard; I don't know what else you could want in a player.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4529
( )

Posted - 12/10/2006 :  10:32:52
I disliked him since everyone thought he was the greatest, and he was such a cry baby last year. Althought, he has made hockey watchable again in Pittsburgh, and he is doing great this year, so you kind of have to like him. I like Ovechkin better since he is more physical (3rd in hits last year if I recall correctly).
Go to Top of Page

Guest6029
( )

Posted - 12/10/2006 :  12:44:39
yah what's not to like. he's got great puck sense. He's exciting. He will be the next great one. He's matured a lot in 1 year.
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2006 :  15:27:12  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6029

yah what's not to like. he's got great puck sense. He's exciting. He will be the next great one. He's matured a lot in 1 year.

True
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2006 :  09:48:00  Show Profile
Count me in as "glad to see him stop whining" and "LOVE THE KID"

Go Sens
Go to Top of Page

Guest4069
( )

Posted - 12/13/2006 :  15:54:17
crosby is not the worst but not the best considering the pitsburg peguins arent a offensive team, crosby has an open door to ice time and chances to produce, to me hes another peca, the future is ovechkin
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2006 :  16:00:47  Show Profile
He's a great player, but all the hype gets old. He's a little whiny and that I don't like, but I wouldn't say I dislike him as a player. He'll be great on Canada's national team--it'll be fun to see them play Russia, where it'll be Crosby against Malkin and Ovechkin.

Edited by - Mikhailova on 12/18/2006 14:12:47
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2006 :  16:16:30  Show Profile
I wouldn't say I hate him as much as I think he gets too much attention. There are other players out there that are as talented that don't get the props he does. Think of guys like Spezza and Staal. Also, he is still pretty whiny. I would rather have Malkin or Ovechkin. I think they are as fun to watch and have fun playing too.

Regardless of if you like him or not, when you think of him, Ovechkin, Malkin, Staal(s), and Spezza, the NHL has no shortage of young talent and is only going to get better. God, I love this game!
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2006 :  07:43:03  Show Profile
His career stats will be:

19 seasons
796 G
1342 A
2338 pts
2 Stanley Cup Rings

Go Sens
Go to Top of Page

pucker
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
398 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2006 :  08:05:29  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Novie

19 seasons
796 G
1342 A
2338 pts
2 Stanley Cup Rings

Go Sens

Quite the prediction - where does that put him all time?

I was choked when he skipped the CHL prospects game because I had tickets for it. Gilbert Brule tore it up and isn't even half the player Sidney is so I look back and wonder what kind of performance could I have seen if he showed up. Whatever though, Im over it. He is an amazing player.
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2006 :  10:57:23  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by pucker

[quote]Originally posted by Novie

19 seasons
796 G
1342 A
2338 pts
2 Stanley Cup Rings

Quite the prediction - where does that put him all time?

#3 goals behind Gretz and Howe
#2 assists behind Gretz
#2 points (about 500 behnid Gretz, 500 ahead of Mess)
0.6 GPG (assuming about 75 games a season) puts him at a tie at #4 with Gretz, behind #1 Bossy, #2 Lemieux, #3 Bure

Go Sens
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2006 :  10:58:57  Show Profile
He also needs to break 164 points so that he can infiltrate the Gretzky/Lemieux List (Top 10 single season points)

Go Sens
Go to Top of Page

ultimatetitman
Rookie

Canada
244 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2006 :  14:42:13  Show Profile
How can anyone hate The Kid? Because he gets so much attention? That's not his fault. Hate the media if that is your only reason.
Because he's cocky? Name me one instance where he has been cocky?
Because he's a whiner? Hardly! Sure, there were a few times last season where he threw a bit of a tantrum, but put yourself in his shoes. He's been in the glare of the media for more than 7 years already, and he's only 19. Hell, he's still eligible to play for the Canadian Junior team! All that pressure takes its toll, and I'd challenge anybody not to get emotional now and then under that kind of spotlight. Plus, he is extremely passionate about the game. He just wants to win. If I were a coach at any level, I'd want a kid with that much emotion on my team.
He's a classy, good old Canadian kid, who is an amazing hockey player, and who is dealing with superstar status every waking minute... and he's only 19. And he is an ambassador for the game. If you hate that, then you hate hockey!
Besides, after last night's game against Philly (and the game before), tell me he isn't living up to his name!
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2006 :  16:02:14  Show Profile
Last year he was whiny. He has definately matured in the past year. It is scary to think that a kid with his talent (or Ovechkin and/or Malkin) can stay healthy and consistant for the next 15-18 years could possibly rival Gretzky, Messier, Howe and Orr.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2006 :  16:02:55  Show Profile
PS- If Pittsberg can keep that team together for a long run, he could win more than 2 Cups!
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2006 :  16:18:29  Show Profile
Crosby is a little bitch who can't take a hit......He can't throw a hit (like ovi-one)...He has NO personality. Thinks he's bigger than the team. Lets give a little more credit to alexander. That guy is an all around player who is a fun guy to listen to. He's the consumate team player, and his points don't come from other players tapping in his rebounds.......

I hate Crosby

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

framer87
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
338 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2006 :  08:43:15  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

Crosby is a little bitch who can't take a hit......He can't throw a hit (like ovi-one)...He has NO personality. Thinks he's bigger than the team. Lets give a little more credit to alexander. That guy is an all around player who is a fun guy to listen to. He's the consumate team player, and his points don't come from other players tapping in his rebounds.......

I hate Crosby

I HATE CROSBY

Yes because all of Crosbys 52 POINTS came from other people tapping in his rebounds.

Go pens
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2006 :  20:43:15  Show Profile
ok....well hopefully you can all admit, crosby needs a personality...well a good one.....listening to that guy in an interview is like listening to a script. he says are the stereotypes. if he is to be consisered the savoir of the nhl, consider it "un-savable"

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2006 :  21:00:24  Show Profile
I bet you your from russia that is y you hate Sid the kid and because your a Ovechkin fan and because he is beating veggie in scoring
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2006 :  11:28:12  Show Profile
Crosby does talk a script. You know why? Because he could easily go on about how good he is, how little support he gets from his teammates (except maybe Malkin) and how easy this league must be for him because he's only 19 and already is the scoring leader. But at least he has some class, and deflects all the personal accolades directed towards him to his team because he's turning his attitude around. He's trying to be conveyed as a team player and a role model, and by showing that he's humble and by not letting all the positive attention get to his head, he's becoming just those.

Listen "I HATE CROSBY", I would be the Global President of the "I hate Kiprusoff Club". Aside from having beaten my team in the '04 playoffs, there's just something about him. Maybe it's that I think his skills are so over-exaggerated that it's become so annoying to hear about him. Point is, sometimes when you're presented facts or stats about the player you hate that can be stronger counter-arguments than just saying "Well I don't like him", you really have to keep an open mind and consider them. You might hate Crosby for the same reason I hate Kiprusoff, for the attention they get. But fact is that Crosby is the scoring leader and Kiprusoff has some of the best stats for goalies in the league and sometimes we just gotta deal with it. You especially do, because we're going to be listening to those same post-game speeches after every game Crosby plays for the next 15-20 years.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2006 :  12:07:01  Show Profile
It's not Crosby's fault he has no personality, it the league. It's the dreaded "Media Course" that all Rookie take. It teaches them to talk in mindless drival about the team, the effort, the game, blah, blah, blah. There is the rare player who goes outside of this (ex. Jeremy Roenick) but other than that, all players sound the same. I bet if you take the camera out of his face he is a regular guy.

By the way, people give Ovechkin the props he deserves. However, you can not deny the skills of Crosby. I dislike Tiger Woods because of the media attention he gets, but he is still the best Golfer in the world. Same thing with Crosby. It would be nice for the folks at TSN and CBC to remove thier lips from his butt long enough to string together a logical sentence without saying the words "Crosby" or "Toronto" but you and I know what will never happen. But Crosby is still one of the top talents in the league. I agree with Babs. He will be around for years to come. So I suggest dealing with it or find another sport. Sid the Kid is here to stay.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2006 :  12:54:46  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by 1 Crosby fan

I bet you your from russia that is y you hate Sid the kid and because your a Ovechkin fan

...and yet his location says Canada
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2006 :  14:11:08  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

how little support he gets from his teammates (except maybe Malkin)

Malkin can't even speak English and he gives Crosby more support than the rest of the team. Odd. Maybe all the old guys are jealous that some 19-year-old is playing better than them and leading the league in points
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2006 :  13:41:11  Show Profile
Good point last reply........nobody on that team likes him! Everyone on the caps gives ovi-one props.......b/c he's a TEAM player...sid may have lots of assists, but he doesn't give a crap about his teammates....he thinks the pens are HIS team.....any logical 19 year old wouldn't accept an A on his jersey....I don't solely blame crosby for that (that coach is pathetic) but sid still should have let a vet have an A out of respect...HOW CAN A 19 YEAR OLD LEAD A GROUP OF MEN!......those guys have been working hard for years and years...(give sid 5 years and even I'll admit he should be captain)

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2006 :  16:12:22  Show Profile
hey this is the auothor of this post and i wanna say thnx to everyone posting and heres my opinion:

sid is an amazing player hes original and he has his own style i think thats what hockey players need right now, there own style everyone plays the same and its boring i like sid because he plays the way HE wants to not the way everyone wnats them to play

Edited by - semin-rules on 12/19/2006 16:13:36
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2006 :  22:03:36  Show Profile
ya if you can call diving and bitching a style

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2006 :  16:36:12  Show Profile
I've got 2 more reasons to hate crosby:

1) He had 110 pims last year and he doesn't play a physical game (for comparisson, ovi had 52).....that's selfish hockey.

2) have you seen his reebok commercials?
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2006 :  09:05:49  Show Profile
Ok lets keep on topic guys. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.

Go to Top of Page

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2006 :  09:10:45  Show Profile
My take on Crosby - the kid could be the next one. But he is just a kid and I can see how a lot of you can criticize his actions. Think of what you were like at 19? Arrogant? Cocky? And none of us had the national media all over us at age 16. Sure he dosn't have the poise of Trevor Linden but Trevor is a special player - on and off the ice. Sid may not have the best personality but he has had more pressure on him since the age of 15 than we could even imagine.

To say Crosby doesn't play tough, now I disagree. Last season he was beaten on by a 6-4 240 lb grown man (Derian Hatcher). I would have turtled in that situation. Sid was 18 and took it like a man. He is built like a tank and just because he doesnt fight doesnt mean he isnt tough.

Couldnt agree more on the fact that he should not wear the 'A'. For that he is too young.

"Some people skate to the puck. I skate to where the puck is going to be."
~Wayne Gretzky
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2006 :  16:59:32  Show Profile
I am so happy pittsburg is gonna move......I hope they move to Huston where no one will wanna wacth guys like crosby

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

Vote Kovolev
Top Prospect

Russia
1 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2006 :  17:29:48  Show Profile
Just because a player can get an assist from dumping the puck in from centre doesn't mean he's as good as f***ing Joe Sakic.

Crosby's a joke. A joke. Wake up!
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2006 :  17:35:02  Show Profile
Vote kovolev is a hero........wake up league...croby is a joke

wake up forum and admit crosby is a joke

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

Guest6341
( )

Posted - 12/21/2006 :  17:45:13
some people here made some really good points about crosby, he has no personality, he's really cocky, and he's the next Eric Lindros. just wait and see. poor crosby.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2006 :  03:30:10  Show Profile
OK.....so i just saw the pittsburg vs hotlanta highlights......nice penalty shot sid I mean talk about getting carried away. That was the worst attemp at creativity I have ever seen...did he think that by doing seven moves he'd be affective? Less is more sid (ask merik malik).....and did you guys see him running around whining...that game was perfect evidence of him being overrated ...ps nice garbage goal (i know a garbage goal is still a goal...but anyone could have got that)...not to mention his disgusting celly afterwards

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2006 :  04:58:06  Show Profile
Ok let me get this straight...

You're a big Ovechkin fan, and you're criticizing Sidney Crosby on flashy dekes and extravagant celebrations? I know they both do it, but what's up with that ridiculous leg kick they do? And how about Ovechkin's shootout attempt a couple weeks ago: he tried so many fakes that he actually lost the puck and didn't even get a shot.

Criticizing Crosby's post-goal celebrations on behalf of Ovechkin is quite absurd. Ovechkin has the craziest, longest, most exaggerated celebrations after he scores in the league. I know he said that his job is to score, and when he does his job he's happy and personally I don't really have a problem with it. One of these days he might get clocked doing it and he may have to rethink his theory. The craziest celebration I've ever seen Crosby do is either jumping up into Malkin's arms or what he usually does, tilt up his visor and open up his arms. Sure he had one that was way over the top when he was in the Q and he scored using the behind-the-net lacrosse scoop. But he was what, like 16 back then?

I'm not doing this cause I'm any kind of huge Crosby fan, but you have to stay open-minded. You guys have one idea in your heads and you're sticking to it, regardless of the evidence. I know some might be comparing him to Sakic and that's absolutely crazy. Sure Crosby has more points now, but until Crosby can hold those totals up for another 10 years and start showing real signs of true leadership and class, then maybe we could make that comparison.

I don't know how many of his assists are "dump-ins" from centre ice, but the fact that he has 38A in 31 games means that he's doing something right.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page