Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 do you hate sidney crosby???? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2006 :  06:11:13  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

how about Ovechkin's shootout attempt a couple weeks ago: he tried so many fakes that he actually lost the puck and didn't even get a shot.

i agree with that! crosby and ovy are like the same person they both kind of do the same thing

Edited by - semin-rules on 12/22/2006 06:11:46
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2006 :  17:35:52  Show Profile
Ok so before I post this one I'll admit I'm biased to ovi over sid...this is b/c sid (like a large number of younger canadian hockey players [cept spezza]) take playing a GAME way too seriously!

but I'm watching leafs caps right now...and I gotta say wow! even when ovi isn't touching the puck I still notice when he's out there....he's way more explosive than sid....when sid isn't touching the puck, no one
could notice him...ovi TRIES to play D (i'll admit he's not that good in his end...but he tries) but last week against montreal, sid parked up at the red line waiting for passes....ovi is always trying to help, sid thinks points are all that matter

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2006 :  17:42:43  Show Profile
One note about Crosby--he is an amazing player but I really don't think he should have an A. I'm thinking the only reason he has one is because he's such a good player, but that isn't a good reason; a good player doesn't necessarily make a good leader. He's 19 years old for crying out loud! That's a little young to be an assistant captain helping to lead a bunch of older players. Especially when he acts like a 9 year old with all that whining.

Edited by - Mikhailova on 02/08/2007 18:24:58
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2006 :  18:05:09  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

Ok so before I post this one I'll admit I'm biased to ovi over sid...this is b/c sid (like a large number of younger canadian hockey players [cept spezza]) take playing a GAME way too seriously!

To them it is not a game, it is their everyday job, it is their life. They get payed to do it and if I was a PAYING fan (I don't contribute any money to them over here in NS, directly anyways) I would want them to give their 150% every game. I'd sure hope they take it seriously.

Edited by - bablaboushka on 12/23/2006 18:05:33
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2006 :  18:49:57  Show Profile
OK so I mis-worded that......I meant they forget it's supposed to be fun....any way you look at they are entertainers, not doctors....I like the guys who have fun with the sport (like wade belak, who's a beauty in post game interviews)...sid is all weird and serious in interviews...like he's performing a service to his country (on a side note I don't think hockey IS canada [it was made up in holland for starters]) but I just like ppl who have fun with the sport.

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2006 :  21:33:00  Show Profile
An interesting comment was made about not seeing Crosby when he is on the ice. I recall a biography on another hockey player and other players said the same thing about. They comments made towards that player were that you would see him in the play, and then he would disappear. Then, he would re-appear and either score a goal or set up a goal. That player was Wayne Gretzky

My God, I never though I would ever compare those two. However, that comment triggered it.

Don't Hate the Kid.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2006 :  21:47:15  Show Profile
I remember a player named bobby orr (who was WAY better than wayne[in my opinion][tragic he got injured]....don't get me wrong I love wayne as much as anyone) was always in the spotlight when he was on the ice (or so i've heard from my dad who saw him live...i'm only 20)....you know what that's called? an all around player!!!!! Good for sid and wayne for only being noticed when they score...All around plyers like bobby and ovi are ALWAYS doing something on the ice worth being noticed...

I can't stress this enough though.....I LOVE WAYNE...but I think bobby was better all around (granted he was a d-man, and should be better in his own zone)

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

Guest4268
( )

Posted - 12/27/2006 :  16:13:07
ive seen 18 games of "ovi-one" live and 4 games of sid live and every ovechkin move is the same, try to speed up the wing and cut in, drive the net .. same move over and over and over, he throws a few hits some are nice and then either tries to shoot from center ON NET or hogs the puck. he is a puck hog , he is a great player but needs to learn how to play on a team.. sidney has unbelievable hockey vision... according to lemieux, thornton (who trained him in LA 3 summers in a row) or jagr (who claims sid is the best in the league right now and is SCARED becasuse he'll only get better) has as good a vision on the ice as any of the all time greats.. as for the A , hey 19 year old wore the c.. a few years ago and led his team to the cup.. vinny lecalvalier..?? crosby 19 with an a is ok by me .. im a hockey fan , but i am pretty sure mario and the coach as well as the vets see more of sid than we do and have a more knowledgable argument on his leadership abilities than we do ... [unacceptable content removed] if you dont like crosby .. you arent a hockey fan
Go to Top of Page

Guest4268
( )

Posted - 12/27/2006 :  16:14:14
adding on .... hogs get a -1 rating ie OVECHKIN , team players are plus 17 (5th in the nhl) like crosby
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2006 :  16:20:27  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4268

ive seen 18 games of "ovi-one" live and 4 games of sid live and every ovechkin move is the same, try to speed up the wing and cut in, drive the net .. same move over and over and over, he throws a few hits some are nice and then either tries to shoot from center ON NET or hogs the puck. he is a puck hog , he is a great player but needs to learn how to play on a team.. sidney has unbelievable hockey vision... according to lemieux, thornton (who trained him in LA 3 summers in a row) or jagr (who claims sid is the best in the league right now and is SCARED becasuse he'll only get better) has as good a vision on the ice as any of the all time greats.. as for the A , hey 19 year old wore the c.. a few years ago and led his team to the cup.. vinny lecalvalier..?? crosby 19 with an a is ok by me .. im a hockey fan , but i am pretty sure mario and the coach as well as the vets see more of sid than we do and have a more knowledgable argument on his leadership abilities than we do ... ** **** ********** if u dont like crosby .. you arent a hockey fan

Guest 4268 - Please refrain from threatening language within our forums. We certainly value your opinion but remember that this is a community and our content is only as good as we make it. All of our guests and members should feel welcome and safe in our environment. Thanks very much.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2006 :  17:17:20  Show Profile
ok, first off, I've watched hockey since I was 2 years old, I played hockey for 15 years, and to say I'm NOT a hockey fan for not liking crosby is ridiculous!!!!! It's b/c i'm a PURE hockey fan that I don't like crosby......Players who's idea of physical play is face washing someone (ie yesturday, sid vs. the devils) is a disgrace...Physical play is a vital part of hockey....You know what type of hockey doesn't allow hitting? Womens hockey! If sid can't take a hit w/o running to kerry fraser, maybe he should be linemates with cassie campell!
ps: I'm sure if ovi had better linemates (other than alexander seamen), then maybe he'd have a better +/-......
(ps the only player I hated more than sid was mario lemeux...that guy was 6'4 and bitched even more than sid when he got hit)

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2006 :  17:20:51  Show Profile
How can you not like Sidney Crosby
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2006 :  17:54:14  Show Profile
PS:guest 4268

Ovi plays WING.....if you knew how to play hockey you'd understand!!!!
Crosby is a center, and therefore has more opporitunity to make different plays on breakouts...it's a responsibility of a winger to be ON THE WING on a breakout....and if you want to score a goal then you probably have a better chance of scoring on an NHL goalie if you cut to the middle (what is he sopposed to shoot from the side and hope a linemate hits in his rebound like crosby needs?)........nothing bothers me more than ppl who don't know how the game is actually played pretending to be experts....you can say you like/dislike someone, but don't critisize their style unless you know somrthing about a plyers responsibility...I admit, sid has talent, but my argument is he doesn't play hockey the way it was intended to be played...he conforms to the "new nhl" which rewards cowards and divers, and punishes the old fasioned players

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2006 :  18:11:35  Show Profile
People, this is a discussion. let's not make it personal please.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6118
( )

Posted - 12/27/2006 :  19:36:25
ya avery one squews up. i would like to see u do any better

You're a big Ovechkin fan, and you're criticizing Sidney Crosby on flashy dekes and extravagant celebrations? I know they both do it, but what's up with that ridiculous leg kick they do? And how about Ovechkin's shootout attempt a couple weeks ago: he tried so many fakes that he actually lost the puck and didn't even get a shot.

Criticizing Crosby's post-goal celebrations on behalf of Ovechkin is quite absurd. Ovechkin has the craziest, longest, most exaggerated celebrations after he scores in the league. I know he said that his job is to score, and when he does his job he's happy and personally I don't really have a problem with it. One of these days he might get clocked doing it and he may have to rethink his theory. The craziest celebration I've ever seen Crosby do is either jumping up into Malkin's arms or what he usually does, tilt up his visor and open up his arms. Sure he had one that was way over the top when he was in the Q and he scored using the behind-the-net lacrosse scoop. But he was what, like 16 back then?

I'm not doing this cause I'm any kind of huge Crosby fan, but you have to stay open-minded. You guys have one idea in your heads and you're sticking to it, regardless of the evidence. I know some might be comparing him to Sakic and that's absolutely crazy. Sure Crosby has more points now, but until Crosby can hold those totals up for another 10 years and start showing real signs of true leadership and class, then maybe we could make that comparison.

I don't know how many of his assists are "dump-ins" from centre ice, but the fact that he has 38A in 31 games means that he's doing something right.
[/quote]
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2006 :  20:36:33  Show Profile
Getting a little hot in here!! When it comes down to it, they are both amazing players. Mr. I Hate Crosby, if you are the hockey fan and as knowledge about the game as you say you are, you should be able to recognize the skills that Crosby brings to the ice. Like I said before, I can not stand Tiger Woods. But I could not call myself a golf fan or knowledgeable of the game if I didn't recognize his talents. I also prefer watching Ovie over Crosby. I like his speed, size, killer instinct, and the fun he has on the ice. I also agree that he has far less of a team around him than Crosby does. But I can still recognize the skills of Crosby. And I have never played a game of organized ice hockey in my life. Does that make me not knowledgeable about the game??
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2006 :  23:13:29  Show Profile
I like this beans guy......very rational.......I did admit crosby has offensive talent (though I think the amount of points he has is extremely misleading b/c A LOT of his assists hardly warrant the title of a point)....Of course you don't need to play hockey to be a fan...But when someone insults a player FOR DOING WHAT HIS POSITION REQUIRES leads me to speculate he/she doesn't understand the sport....And as I said before, I talk to my old hockey buddies sometimes and they all concur that sid is not the best kid...his style of play is "entertaining" to some ppl. But when you grew up in the trenches of hockey battles (although I was a goalie ) I am just saying I would NOT like to have a guy like sid by my side.....

moreover...with respect to celebrations........look at the faces, not the bodies, of sid and ovi after a goal....sid wants a parade in his honor (that ot goal he scored against philadelphia last season was the GROSSEST face I've eveer seen...he looked like he needed a heavy laxative)..ovi is clearly having fun, and surely doesn't take himself too seriously...something about a 19 year old taking himself as serious as sid does really bugs me (no kids, no all nighters somehow trying to meet a deadline...he's a lucky guy and should have a little more fun out there).

PS: I think tiger's personality is aweful too.....but, unlike crosby, tiger has like 10000000000 wins, and warrants the attention he gets (but I like ernie els way more)

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

Ripley
PickupHockey Pro

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2006 :  23:22:11  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6118

I'm not doing this cause I'm any kind of huge Crosby fan, but you have to stay open-minded. You guys have one idea in your heads and you're sticking to it, regardless of the evidence. I know some might be comparing him to Sakic and that's absolutely crazy. Sure Crosby has more points now, but until Crosby can hold those totals up for another 10 years and start showing real signs of true leadership and class, then maybe we could make that comparison.

Thank you, it's nice to hear the voice of reason. It's not always black and white. Both are very, very good and both have pros and cons to their games, but there is no denying they are the cream of the crop. Let's see if they can keep it up, after all, we all know what happened to Lindros.

Go to Top of Page

Blubberboy
Rookie

155 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2006 :  09:21:29  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by lyall

Good player, but he is still young & way too cocky. I like him though, can't wait to watch hime play with Sakic, Smyth and the other greats on team Canada

Ya, I totally agree with you

Go Cancuks
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2006 :  10:20:59  Show Profile
I like the showboating and grandstanding after a goal. How 'bout this one for you "I Hate Crosby." Last year, when Crosby was still a baby, he takes a penalty on Kovalchuk. On the powerplay, Kovalchuk scores and makes sure he skates by the penalty box to let Crosby know that he had scored. That is awesome.

My favorite this year happened just the other night. Ovechkin scores in Buffalo, all be it, a very lop sided affair. A very nice goal at a high rate of speed. What does he do?? He hold his hand up to his ear, listening for the crowd. How awesome is that???
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2006 :  13:11:50  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley

quote:

Thank you, it's nice to hear the voice of reason. It's not always black and white. Both are very, very good and both have pros and cons to their games, but there is no denying they are the cream of the crop. Let's see if they can keep it up, after all, we all know what happened to Lindros.

Lol thank you Ripley, that was actually text quoted from my post. Glad you think so
Go to Top of Page

Guest4553
( )

Posted - 12/28/2006 :  15:24:57
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4069

crosby is not the worst but not the best considering the pitsburg peguins arent a offensive team, crosby has an open door to ice time and chances to produce, to me hes another peca, the future is ovechkin

Oh yeah, the resemblance is uncanny:

Peca Rookie Year:
12 Points total

Crosby Rookie Year:
102 Points total

Spitting image

And Pittsburgh is not an offensive team? They have 112 GF in 36 games, 2nd in their division.
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2006 :  00:06:20  Show Profile
LOL
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2006 :  05:48:36  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4553

quote:
Originally posted by Guest4069

crosby is not the worst but not the best considering the pitsburg peguins arent a offensive team, crosby has an open door to ice time and chances to produce, to me hes another peca, the future is ovechkin

Oh yeah, the resemblance is uncanny:

Peca Rookie Year:
12 Points total

Crosby Rookie Year:
102 Points total

Spitting image

And Pittsburgh is not an offensive team? They have 112 GF in 36 games, 2nd in their division.

That's just 4069 spitting his Pro-Leafs garbage

Go Sens
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2006 :  11:18:52  Show Profile
wow i didn't know that my topic would get so many posts lol

keep 'em coming!!!

by the way i love sidney crosby

Edited by - semin-rules on 12/30/2006 11:19:10
Go to Top of Page

ultimatetitman
Rookie

Canada
244 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2006 :  14:27:14  Show Profile
I have yet to hear a legitimate reason why anyone hates Syd so much... and saying he gets most of his points from dump ins or other players capitalizing on his rebounds are not good reaons. More accurately, they are vague and uninformed assertions with no base or merit. You can dislike Crosby because of the media attention he gets, but keep in mind that it isn't his media! So hate them, not him.

I would dispute anyone who calls him a whiner. The kid is passoinate and wants to win. He doesn't challenge any more calls than any other captain or alternate captain on any team. He is a leader and the voice of the team, and is 1 of only 3 players on his entire team that can actually address the officials. It's a responsibility to challenge the officials at various points, and he does it as well as anyone else.

Truth is, as Canadians, we often hate players who are as exceptional as he is. Perhaps it is a national insecurity, or perhaps even modesty as we don't generally like to be in the spotlight as much as, say, Americans do. It may even simply be that we hate anyone who doesn't play for our team. I'd suggest that if Crosby played for your team you'd have a much different opinion of him. Gretzky went through this, as did Lemieux. Even Gordie Howe had his distractors. In the end, you can hate them, but you can not dispute their talent. To do so is to challenge reality, and anyone guilty of that, in my opinion, is not a hockey fan. You may be a huge fan of your team, but I question your love of the sport itself.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2006 :  16:18:37  Show Profile
Ummmmmm......I watch highlights EVERY night, I've seen every point crosby has got so far....And he has about as many highlight reel points as, say, mike madano...He gets a lot of points, not from dump ins, but from other players hitting in his rebounds...he's goals are typically ok, but not wayne-like..his shot is nothing compared to ovi's....sid does have pretty talented linemates...so I think his point total is not indicative of his actual impact on the team....Not all his team mates like him...quite a few openly said they didn't last season.....He whines a lot.....DO YOU GUYS/GIRLS EVEN WATCH?...there's a difference between going up to a ref for a legitimate reason and just being a bitch like crosby is...He plays with NO class...he face washes, throws a punch then hides (watch highlights against atlanta)...And to save you guys from typing...I'm aware of ovi's cheap shot on brierre, but brierre turned at the last second, the hit was more of a tap, and most importantly, ovi apologized after the game (well...he said he felt bad)

PS...I PLAYED hockey since I was 3......saying I'm not a fan is a joke...even if i didn't like the nhl, but spent 18 years of my life actually playing the sport with real ups and downs and of course the long road trips, I'd say I'm a bigger fan of the sport then some moron who watches cbc once a week and calls themselves an expert (I'm not saying YOU per se (perhaps you played too), I'm just saying in general some non-player compared to a player)....I think that's what bug me the most: Crosby certainly is not a hockey players hockey player

I HATE CROSBY

Edited by - I HATE CROSBY on 12/30/2006 16:27:05
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2006 :  20:21:49  Show Profile
To say he is a whiner last year, I would have totally agreed. This year, he has matured a lot. I agree with ultimatetitman in the fact that the media attention is not his fault. Unfortunately, it is related. I get sick of hear about how amazing he is when there are hundreds of other NHL players I would like to know more about. I know it's not Sid's fault, but it related to him.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6934
( )

Posted - 12/30/2006 :  21:00:14
It baffles me how people can make some of the claims about Crosby that have been made in this thread, but then there were those who loved to bash Wayne Gretzky as well. Liking or disliking someone is a personal opinion and everyone has a right to their own opinion, but some of these points are patently ridiculous. To imply that Crosby's points are the result of "other players hitting in his rebounds" rather than his own ability is laughable. The guy had what, 110 points in his rookie year? You expect us to believe they were all flukes? He's leading the league in points this season, and your take on it is that it's because guys score off of his dump ins? He's dominated at every level he's played, but nobody except you has noticed he's been carried every step of the way by "pretty talented linemates"? Surely you can see how ridiculous you sound. Look I HATE CROSBY, your opinion is your own, but reality has to enter the picture somewhere. You may hate Crosby, but the kid's a great player who's only likely to get better; the fact that you played hockey for 18 years isn't going to change that.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2006 :  23:24:31  Show Profile
wow...you guys keep hyperbolizing what I say....his junior team was very good by-the-by...he was too....I think every time I come on this I admit HE'S NOT BAD...he is substantially over-hyped.....he is not a great player (yet)...wake up..as far as I'm concerned great players are guys who you would feel safe going into the trenches with.....look at carolina, they won the cup with a team, who on paper, isn't as good as pittsburgh....Ward was supposed to be worse than fleury, crosby is supposed to be better than stall...But the Hurricanes were a TEAM crosby (despite his mountains of assists) isn't a team player(team players don't jump around when they score a goal despite their team winning, or trailing, by five (i've got it on tape for those who doubt it)).....WAKE UP....I hate his attitude and personality A LOT more than his "overratedness" (not a word).......Any 19 year old who behaves like that is a bitch where I come from....He's not old enough to be ordering guys almost 2ce his age around....and he's too old to be whining and bitching like my kid sister...

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  07:19:48  Show Profile
quote:

crosby (despite his mountains of assists) isn't a team player(team players don't jump around when they score a goal despite their team winning, or trailing, by five

Haha, I think you and I could dispute just about every single part of the game, mostly Sid and his talent.

I worked as a trainer in the league where Sidney played Midget. I also worked with the Under-16 team sent to the Canada Games in 2003. I watched guys on Sidney's team score 40-50 goals in a 35-game season. Those SAME PLAYERS went to the under-16 (Sid played u-17 that year) tournament and looked completely regular! Nevermind the fact that they got shutout on the score sheet most nights.

He makes the players around him better! Not just on the stat sheet (his mountains of assists, in your words), but overall. I see him doing the same thing when I catch a Pens game. How many of us have Crosby's line/team mates in our pools? Excluding Malkin, of course....

And his jumping around...I agree....stupid stupid stupid....but it's just showing passion...uncontrolled as it is.

Go Sens

Edited by - Novie on 12/31/2006 07:22:27
Go to Top of Page

Guest6936
( )

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  08:02:48
HE'S NOT BAD...he is substantially over-hyped.....he is not a great player (yet)...wake up

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm curious. If the league's leading scorer isn't a great player, merely "NOT BAD", who is? Maybe it's you, and not everyone else, who needs to wake up.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  16:32:21  Show Profile
I'm curious. If the league's leading scorer isn't a great player, merely "NOT BAD", who is? Maybe it's you, and not everyone else, who needs to wake up.
[/quote]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmmmmmm....have you ever heard of Bernie Federko?.....What about Kent Nilsson?........Would you consider Jimmy Carson a great payer?..Will Jeremy Roenick be given a ticket to the hockey hall of fame?.....Well, believe it or not, these players were all at, or near, the league lead in points at some time in the last twenty years.....So I would appreciate it if YOU woke up! These guys weren't bad......but they aren't great either.....a great player is a player who, for example, scores a hat trick in game 7 of the 93 western finals to beat the great Toronto Maple Leafs....A player who hasn't, and won't for a while, been to the play-offs and put on a show, can merely reach the status of a good player (I'm not saying a great playoff performance once (like cam ward) automatically makes you a GREAT player.....but I will say that a sequence of stellar playoff performances (like patrick Roy or stevie-Y) is a true sign of a great player)

I HATE CROSBY

Edited by - I HATE CROSBY on 12/31/2006 16:34:21
Go to Top of Page

Guest6931
( )

Posted - 01/01/2007 :  09:00:07
It's become obvious to me there is no point continuing this debate with someone who's given himself the handle I HATE CROSBY. Clearly there's nothing anyone can say or that Crosby can do that will change your mind, while the slightest negative about him just proves you're right in your mind. So I'll continue to watch Crosby and enjoy his obvious talent while you continue to dislike him and look for anything at all negative to say about him. My guess is I'll see alot more to support my view than you will yours.
Go to Top of Page

spearbelly
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2007 :  22:57:25  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

quote:
Originally posted by Ripley

quote:

Lol thank you Ripley, that was actually text quoted from my post. Glad you think so

......I..........really don't................have.......anything to say .............here....
...I've just always wanted to see a post within a post within a post.......within a post.

Edited by - spearbelly on 01/01/2007 22:58:58
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  05:59:55  Show Profile
quote:
Hmmmmmm....have you ever heard of Bernie Federko?.....What about Kent Nilsson?........Would you consider Jimmy Carson a great payer?..Will Jeremy Roenick be given a ticket to the hockey hall of fame?.....Well, believe it or not, these players were all at, or near, the league lead in points at some time in the last twenty years.....So I would appreciate it if YOU woke up! These guys weren't bad......but they aren't great either.....a great player is a player who, for example, scores a hat trick in game 7 of the 93 western finals to beat the great Toronto Maple Leafs

Scoring a Hat-trick at an opportune time doesn't make you a great player either. But I will agree with you about the league-leading scorer stuff. A lot of players have great years and don't turn out to be "great" players.

HOWEVER....

How many years do you have to perform above expectations before you wil get credit for it? Break the record for being the youngest player to 100 points (side note: would you classify Hawerchuk as a great player?), and follow up that rookie season with finishing near/at the top of the Art Ross race (barring injury)...sounds like the beginnings of a great career!

Go Sens
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  09:46:31  Show Profile
I think it is easy to say that for the past two years, Crosby is a great player. One of the top in the league. If you argue about things that he has not accomplished yet, I think you are wasting your breathe. If and when he gets an opportunity to play in the playoffs, then we can talk about what he did or did not do. How can we argue about things he has not had a chance to do yet??
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  10:19:15  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

I think it is easy to say that for the past two years, Crosby is a great player. One of the top in the league. If you argue about things that he has not accomplished yet, I think you are wasting your breathe. If and when he gets an opportunity to play in the playoffs, then we can talk about what he did or did not do. How can we argue about things he has not had a chance to do yet??

no kidding, I tottaly agree with you Beans15
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  15:34:33  Show Profile
OK....I think I already laced into that "record" as youngest to get 100 points.....that record is total CRAP......I'm sure a few of 18 or 19 year olds have gotten over 100 points in the history of the nhl.....JUST BECAUSE HE WAS BORN LATER IN THE YEAR DOESN'T MAKE HIM MORE SPECIAL!!!!!!!!!!......any records to do with "the youngest" are rediculus unless he was substaintially younger than the last person to do it.....what was he 4 months younger max?...get real......how many points did he have last year? like 102?...I bet there was some 18/19 year old who had like 20 more points than that!!!!!!......If he gets a REAL record i'll doft my hat.......but don't go bringing up some trivial crap like that.......I mean wayne had like 59 records, but lets be honest, you could only name about 5 of his reecords off the top of your head.....However, that will probably be the only record crosby gets (unless the start counting the # of dives per game hahahahahah), so you sid fans can enjoy that record for as long as he's in the show...

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  15:39:08  Show Profile
Post deleted.

Moderator edit:

Guys enough with the ridiculous posts please.

Edited by - bablaboushka on 01/02/2007 15:40:58
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page