Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 do you hate sidney crosby???? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  15:39:31  Show Profile
Dude, who cares about the records or the age he broke them at, he was 18 and scored 100 points. That's damn good. This year he's on pace for 129 points which is more than Thornton won the Art Ross with last year. And guess what, he's only 19, THAT'S DAMN GOOD!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4641
( )

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  15:40:38
i'd have to admit, the kids amazing.. but my personal opinion is he needs to keep him mouth shut... hes to yappy for someone who won't drop the gloves... i mean, how many people can piss forsburg off enough to even get that guy to try and fight? i guess if it works for them then keep it up, but yes a great in the nhl to come and a great player to watch.
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  15:41:21  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

Dude, who cares about the records or the age he broke them at, he was 18 and scored 100 points. That's damn good. This year he's on pace for 129 points which is more than Thornton won the Art Ross with last year. And guess what, he's only 19, THAT'S DAMN GOOD!

THAT IS DAMN GOOD!
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  15:53:09  Show Profile
This is a little random, but are we still gonna call him Sid the Kid when he's 30 years old?
Go to Top of Page

Guest8888
( )

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  16:33:58
That is quite a good question.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  17:48:03  Show Profile
if he still whines like an eight year old at 30....then I'll still call him sid the kid....hahahahahahahahahahhahahah

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  18:16:24  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

if he still whines like an eight year old at 30....then I'll still call him sid the kid....hahahahahahahahahahhahahah

I HATE CROSBY

hahahahaahahahah your funny jk

Edited by - 1 Crosby fan on 01/02/2007 18:16:58
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  21:14:53  Show Profile
I shall call him Sidney the kidney. If he fails to produce, the others will just have to work twice as hard!
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  11:48:22  Show Profile
quote:

I shall call him Sidney the kidney. If he fails to produce, the others will just have to work twice as hard!

Hahaha LOL
That's funny

Edited by - Mikhailova on 01/03/2007 11:49:01
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2007 :  05:41:43  Show Profile
quote:

That's great....just great....

How about 'Sid the Mid'? For both his position at centre ice, and the spare tire he'll be porting aroung at age 40

Go Sens
Go to Top of Page

Leafer23
Top Prospect

1 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2007 :  20:27:02  Show Profile
Okay so I really don't have a reason why I hate Sidney Crosby.. I just do. I have hated him since he came into the NHL last season. I even have him inducted into my own personal Hockey Hell. At least I can admit I hate him and I have no reason for it. I know he is a whiner and has a huge mouth and can't back it up. Someone needs to cancel all his commercials.. including the wonderful Timbits commercial. "Comon Sidney..."... "Just one more minute!?"... Just won more minute Crosby and I will kick ur ass.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2007 :  02:21:51  Show Profile
ok so leafer23.....you're my new hero.......I believe I have a reason for not liking crosby myself......But I totally agree w/ your statement about "just one more minute"....like we haven't heard that phrase before....sid is nothing but a stereotype (personality wise).

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2007 :  10:51:47  Show Profile
Personality-wise he's a bit of whiner, leadership-wise I don't think he should have an A (too young, and you don't want your team assistant captain to be whining half the time), but player-wise he's great. He's led the league in scoring for awhile now...he is an amazing player for his age. Nonetheless, the Pens were second-to-last in their division (I think they're third now), they're 11th in the east, and they have only 42 points. Crosby may be great as an individual player, but it's clear you don't need him on your team to be number 1.

Edited by - Mikhailova on 02/08/2007 18:25:37
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2007 :  13:13:46  Show Profile
WOW................I'm impressed, very good point (except he's an ok individual player in my oppinion)..........So for all you ppl out there who think sid should get the hart, listen to what MIKHAILOVA (spelt it correct again) says, HE WON"T MAKE YOU A BETTER TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(they were 11th without him hahahahahahaha)

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2007 :  13:31:32  Show Profile
Plus, the Pens were last in the whole NHL last year with Sid on their team. He's a great player in the sense that he can set records and score lots of goals/points, but clearly he can't help put your team in first place. So far, anyway. His career is young.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2007 :  14:51:51  Show Profile
Just to throw in something for clarity, I think that Crosby will win the Hart, and statistically to this point, it proves it. I personally don't think he SHOULD win, but we all know that the sports writers and media get involved and the majority of them are from Toronto and the States. So I think he WILL win it, but I don't think he SHOULD win it. He will win it on merit through the media, regardless if he wins the scoring race or not.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  14:17:49  Show Profile
Mark my words in one month ovi-one will be leading the league in points.....If washington makes the playoffs, that goofy goal scoring machine better win the hart!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (assuming it's not a goalie)

SId's "show" is running out..I guess goalies must be controlling their rebounds better, cause sid hasn't been getting as many assists hahahahah.

I HATE CROSBY

Edited by - I HATE CROSBY on 01/11/2007 14:46:41
Go to Top of Page

Guest9684
( )

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  15:31:41
Yeah, he's gone one whole game without a point, it's clearly over for him. How remarkably perceptive. Plus, coming from I HATE CROSBY, it's clearly an even-handed, impartial viewpoint. I'm sold.
Go to Top of Page

blade
Rookie

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  18:53:36  Show Profile
you know it always comes down to points. Last year if Sid beat Ovi then Sid would ahve got the Calder. And if jagr beat Thornton then jagr would have got the hart. Period. end of story. It's not necessarily right but that is the way it is. So my point is that if sid ends the season with the most points he will win the hart. the only exception is if its a tight race and PITS doesn't make the playoffs and the other guy's team does make it. Then they might give it to the other guy. but he would have to be within 3 points of Sid. That is the only possible thing that will change the outcome.
Go to Top of Page

tootoo23yearsold
Top Prospect

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  23:09:54  Show Profile
There the 100th replie

Edited by - tootoo23yearsold on 01/11/2007 23:10:35
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  08:47:06  Show Profile
Welcome to the forums tootoo! Please review the Posting Guidelines:

http://pickuphockey.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=608
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  00:05:34  Show Profile
Oh My God......I was watching philly vs. Kansas highlights tonight...It showed sid "dropping the gloves"...i thought I was watching my kid sister.....He closed his eyes and started ranomly flying his hands around.....That guy is the biggest plug I've ever seen...I'm not joking when I say his eyes were closed, and his head was turned away(trying to shield his clean shaved faced)....That guy is the definition of a bitch......I don't care if he's young relative to the rest of the league...He's still an adult!!!!! I think most ppl stop behaving like him after they graduated from grade 4.

I HATE CROSBY

Edited by - I HATE CROSBY on 01/14/2007 00:06:39
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  14:11:45  Show Profile
He's talking about Sidney and the topic is "do you hate sidney crosby?".
Go to Top of Page

ryschevy1
Rookie

Canada
186 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  08:32:33  Show Profile
IHC is right (can't believe i'm agreeing with him!). Ovi1 for the Hart, and the Art Ross!! I think he'll be in the lead in a month or so.

GO OIL!!! YA!!!
Go to Top of Page

Azeman
Top Prospect

Canada
36 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  14:52:10  Show Profile
i think crosby is trying to hard to be as good at goal scoring then ovechkin. Is it just me or is diving twice in a week a bit to much.Scoring on his knees was pretty nice but when he did that diving goal i thoiught that was wayyy to cocky. If i was the ref i would call him for diving

GO WINGS GO!!!!
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  15:52:26  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Azeman

.Scoring on his knees was pretty nice but when he did that diving goal i thoiught that was wayyy to cocky.

I said it before and I'll say it again, Crosby is so used to being on his knees he is just more comfortable playing hockey down there hahahahah.

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

PENSFAN8771
Rookie

USA
114 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  14:20:55  Show Profile
I wasn't so sure that Crosby should wear the A at the beginning of the season either, but I was missing an important facet of this Penguins' team. They are really young. 10 members of their active roster are under 25 and 4 of their five best selling jerseys and arguably their best players) are of guys who can't even buy a drink. When you look around the league, the veterans typically hold the A's. However, the veterans on this team were LeClair, Recchi, and Gonchar (LeClair no more).
The concept that a player like Crosby just get their points leads from other people putting in rebounds is ridiculous. When Malkin is teamed with him on a line, Malkin's production goes up significantly. That's not to say that Malkin isn't a good player in his own right, but he has sometimes struggled on their second line.
Also, I highly doubt that you watch many of his games if you don't believe that he is the best young play maker in the league. Highlights are one thing (and his are very impressive), but actually watching a player perform under pressure to create scoring opportunities up and down the ice is entirely different.
Comparing him to Ovekchin is really comparing apples to oranges. Ovekchin is 3 inches taller and has a weight advantage. While 3 inches may seem like not a lot, the number of guys who fall in that range (5-11 to 6-2) are many. It makes Crosby a relatively small player in the league, not a fighter or hard hitter. When Ovekchin got crosschecked in the face and fell over, no one called him a whiner. Well, the little guys go down easier if you can catch them. Anyone who has played hockey past squirts knows that. It's the not-so-difficult concept of different roles on a team. They play different styles. I saw the first game these two played against each other in Pittsburgh last year. It was really a site to see because when they were on the ice together, it was hard to take your eye off either one of them. Crosby split the D to get a goal and fed Palffy from one knee on a hard turnaround maneuver to get an assist.
Also, the concept that his recent goal from his knees against Florida was on a dive is quite silly. If you watched the game (not just the highlight reel) you would know that the ice in Tampa was very soft and commented on by players in between period interviews and broadcasters throughout the game. He fell (along with many players throughout the game) because you lose edges on crappy ice. This is just one reason why they shouldn't expand to places like south Florida. To be fair, the soft ice also likely created more friction making the puck easier to control from his knees.
I don't really get how he's cocky according to some and no personality according to others. There was a widely circulated article in many papers (mostly Canadian) this week about Crosby's marketability because of his attitude on the ice and humble nature off it. These are two distinct facets of a very real personality. The fact that he runs his mouth doesn't make him cocky. He's a hockey player. Gretzky did it, Mario did it, Jagr still does it.
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  14:50:35  Show Profile
lol for a first post PENSFAN thats a pretty big one

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Guest4402
( )

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  08:04:32
Hey look Sidney Crosby IS THE BEST he is so hott and hes an amazing player hehe who couldnt love him <333
Go to Top of Page

Guest4147
( )

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  09:42:51
Crosby is an amazingly talented hockey player. Period. I mean, sure he can mouth off a bit, but he is an assistant captain, making him one of the few players on his team that has the right and the RESPONSIBILITY to do so. Ovechkin is also quite talented, and I like him too, but I just don't think he can play like Crosby. Ovechkin can pull off snipe shows, and in terms of shooting the puck, I do believe he outclasses Sid. But I honestly don't believe Ovechkin can pass or make tough plays like Crosby. In addition to this, Crosby has virtually NO protection on his team, so he may come off as a whiner or a wimp, etc., but keep in mind that almost all other greats had protection. I mean, nobody could touch Gretzky without Messier coming down on them. I've been playing organized hockey for nearly ten years, ever since I could join up, and I have looked up to Crosby since I heard about him. He is a great rolemodel, and can play unbelievable hockey. In conclusion, I would like to say that both are good players, but I just had to step to try and stop everyone from BASHING Sid.
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  11:43:32  Show Profile
Hey have any of u looked at ovechkins left shoulder? He has an "A" too. now Crosby shouldnt have been an "A" last year but u cant stand around mouthing off about crosby haveing an "A" and justifying Ovechkin having one.

CANUCKS RULE!!

Edited by - Canucks Man on 01/30/2007 11:44:32
Go to Top of Page

Guest9171
( )

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  12:19:47
I think Sidney will be treated alot like Gretzky. There are always people out there that will hate you for being too good ,period. Jealousy and hate go hand in hand. How can you not get a little cocky when you have the talent and money that he has, at his age. Hell , I would be alot cockier than he is, and I doubt that others would not act the same. I think he is still a class act, just as Gretzky was and still is.
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  15:26:21  Show Profile
Crosby is great. No questions asked. How can you hate him, because he mouthes off a little. He is his own protector in Pittsburg and Ovechkin has Brasher, so he doesnt need to mouth off because Brasher will do it for him. You must be a loser hockey fan if you hate Crosby for the way he plays the game. Your not a hockey fan if you hate Crosby.

( I know this will stirr something up, especially from IHC,but its true)

~You play to win the Game~ Herm Edwards

Edited by - leafsfan_101 on 01/30/2007 17:32:04
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  16:10:33  Show Profile
I don't hate him, just the hype. A little tired of hearing about him so much, but he's got 78 points--he must be doing something right.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  16:27:59  Show Profile
Well, leafs fan, someone has already claimed "IHC is not a hockey fan"...I think I did a good job of putting them in their place, and I don't feel like repeating it, so I urge you to go find it.....

Hmmmmmm......I strongly urge all you Crosby fans out there to go watch highlights of that Pens vs. Islanders game (the "Blake-Crosby game")......I have ZERO respect for someone who behaves like that....If you're gonna run your mouth on the ice, BACK IT UP WITH YOUR FISTS....If you can't do that, SHUT THE f*** UP.......I don't like notion of protectors any how, if you're gonna run your mouth, you should back it up YOURSELF....If players were intentionally trying to hurt sid for no reason, then maybe he'd warrant "a protector"...But Sid brings everything on himself (eg DIVING AND BITCHING)....He seems to think he shouldn't get hit.....Well then go play WOMEN"S hockey since there's no hitting there (I'm not slamming women's hockey, I'm just saying, the rules in women's hockey state hitting is a penalty)......If that guy is hockey's embassador, well then, I guess I'll stop being a fan of the NHL, and watch more PGA.

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  19:42:38  Show Profile
If a guy is going to mouth off, there are two ways to back it up. One with the fists, the other with the punishment on the scoreboard.
Go to Top of Page

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2007 :  18:59:45  Show Profile
ADMIN EDIT:
Please read the forum rules
-----------------------------------------

Here's my take on Crosby. He has a fantastic game so far and is only going to improve. If he does turn out to be the next truly great player, then enjoy witnessing it. The truly greats are few and far between. If you're lucky enough to see one's career in their prime then JUST ENJOY IT.
I consider myself very lucky to have seen some of the all time greats in several sports. Ali, Nicklaus, Sampras, Orr, Gretzky, Lemieux.
Now it appears there is a new generation of greats coming on.
Woods, Federer, Crosby, Ovechkin.....
How lucky am i?!!
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2007 :  19:46:02  Show Profile
I think the greatest players in history, regardless of sport, will have haters. For example, I can not stand Tiger Woods. Why, you ask? Well, it's because of the media. I hate how all the announcers will say something like, "Did you see the way Tiger removed his hat to clear the sweat from his forehead before putting?? That is the mark of a true champion." It makes me sick. There are 70+ other golfers playing and 10-15 of them are doing great. Maybe they are not in first, but I want to see the guy who is putting on the 18th to crack the top 10, or the guy who is falling apart. I just don't want to watch Tiger.

I think it's the same thing with Crosby. I was watching the Pitt/Mont game last night and the 1st intermission was an interview with Crosby on what he thought of the movie "Rocket." There were how many other games going on and other hockey stories and they put on an interview about a movie?? C'mon. That's the kind of thing that makes me sick! Crosby is a great player, but I am really starting to dislike him and it's not even his fault.
Go to Top of Page

Guest1714
( )

Posted - 02/03/2007 :  00:00:28
Absolutly hate him.. he is not a true hockey player.. all he is is a whiny baby that needs to get his way.. if it were the old nhl he would not stand a chance. A far better all around way better player is Ovechkin.. he can score, dish it out and take it, and doesn't cry. He needs to be compared to Gretzky in the same ways of being a baby and a complete wimp. Ovechkin and Lemuix are way better players then those 2 losers.
Jeff
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2007 :  00:46:18  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by willus3
Did he slight you in some personal way IHC?

Hmmmmmm......I must have missed that....I think there is a huge differece between bitching in an online forum and a hockey game...you're pretty thick in the head buddy..I think one of the purposes of this thing is to bitch about your problems with the game....It's like your "hockey psychiatrist".....YES he did slight me in a personal way...He took the sport I loved and made a mockery of it...I HATE the idea of him being hockey's embassador....I like guys like Sakic and Yzerman, who NEVER behaved like that on the ice, and were super talented too......

I HATE CROSBY

Edited by - I HATE CROSBY on 02/03/2007 00:47:15
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page