Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Most Points in the 06/07 Second Half Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  13:24:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
We've turned the corner on the season, and we're heading into the stretch. Who do you think will get the most points from Jan 26 until the last game of the 07 season? Why?

Choices:

D Heatley - OTT
M. St. Louis - TBL
J. Jagr - NYR
A. Ovechkin - WSH
M. Havlat - CHI
J. Iginla - CGY
S. Crosby - PIT
J. Thornton - SJS

Edited by - leigh on 01/26/2007 13:25:00

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  14:02:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another one...

I'll go out on a limb and say.......... Sidney Crosby. (Rolls eyes)
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  14:04:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I said Ovechkin, but we all know from the start that most people are going to say Crosby...
Go to Top of Page

ryschevy1
Rookie

Canada
186 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  14:19:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Iggy's gonna tear it up as soon as he gets back so LOOK OUT! SCOREBOARD!!!

GO OIL!!! YA!!!
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  15:20:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I voted for Heatley but i bet it will be Crosby.

CANUCKS RULE!!
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  15:31:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it will be Crosby. Hes in my pool soo that would be great.

~You play to win the Game~ Herm Edwards
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  15:45:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guess who i voted for
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  16:00:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I voted Iginla but I'll throw in Thornton and Havlat as contenders.

I think crosby is going to have a relatively slow stretch. (yup, even as I wrote that I almost couldn't believe it)
Go to Top of Page

-oil-country-
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
988 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  16:09:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

I voted Iginla but I'll throw in Thornton and Havlat as contenders.

I think crosby is going to have a relatively slow stretch. (yup, even as I wrote that I almost couldn't believe it)

i bet Havlat will get hurt somewhere inbetween that but i chose between Ovechkin and Thornton. But obviously voted Ovechkin cause no one has voted for him.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  16:47:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I voted for Ovechkin...
Go to Top of Page

Guest4625
( )

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  19:51:07  Reply with Quote
Crosby all the way!!

Go Cans
Go to Top of Page

lyall
PickupHockey Pro

360 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  21:54:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I voted Heatly, St.Louis was my second choice.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  23:19:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by -oil-country-
[ But obviously voted Ovechkin cause no one has voted for him.

Thank god, now-a-days ppl are treating ovi-one like he's a has- been...He is a hero!!!! I'd like to see anyone else do what he's done while playing for such a s***ty team....

(But I voted for St.Louis hahahahahah...I woulda voted for wade belak, but he wasn't on the list hahahahahah)

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

Guest5425
( )

Posted - 01/27/2007 :  05:02:11  Reply with Quote
Best team...proven track record...San Jose is going for it all...So has to be Thorton.
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2007 :  08:28:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Luckily, we have the

PICKUP HOCKEY HALFWAY POOL to track this!!!!

Which Pucker and Admin shoot out to a day 1 lead!

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
Go to Top of Page

Guest4110
( )

Posted - 01/27/2007 :  09:16:03  Reply with Quote
Crosby up there for sure, but you clearly forgot Gaborik
Go to Top of Page

-oil-country-
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
988 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2007 :  10:44:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

quote:
Originally posted by -oil-country-
[ But obviously voted Ovechkin cause no one has voted for him.

Thank god, now-a-days ppl are treating ovi-one like he's a has- been...He is a hero!!!! I'd like to see anyone else do what he's done while playing for such a s***ty team....

(But I voted for St.Louis hahahahahah...I woulda voted for wade belak, but he wasn't on the list hahahahahah)

I HATE CROSBY

lol i meant to say no one has voted for Thornton.
Go to Top of Page

devilsjetsfan
Top Prospect

Canada
59 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2007 :  10:58:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I voted for Crosby, I think hes just gonna coast through getting points

Go Devils Go
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2007 :  14:33:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh My God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

that's enough with this Crosby bulls***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he's not tiger woods for Christ sake.......You know, tiger deserves the publicity he gets cause he's proven himself for the last TEN years(in tigers second full year, he didn't get nearly as much publicity since he didn't win a major...he won other tourneys, and was among the tops in SCORING average, but Mark O'mera won player of the year and got most attention)..I am sick of everyone thinking sid is some mesiah...What's he done so far?
Big deal he leads the league in points HALF WAY THROUGH...He'll be a distant memory in april when is back in Nova Scotia....Having sid on you team means s***, how many games has he won for his team? like 4? I think luongo deserves soooooooooooo much more hype, the nucks would be bottom feeders if not for him...Meanwhile, the Pens ARE bottom feeders with sid.

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

Guest6731
( )

Posted - 01/27/2007 :  14:43:03  Reply with Quote
perfectly said, i admit crosby is a good player but he's being put on a throne and called king, ill follow when i see some solid numbers for several seasons. He needs to prove consistency before people start jumping on his back.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2007 :  16:49:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think one can call Sid The Next One based on a season and a half. He needs to prove himself capable of continuing this for more seasons to come. And just because he has identical All-Star stats (including age) to Wayne Gretzky does not mean he's going to follow in his footsteps.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4110
( )

Posted - 01/27/2007 :  22:21:27  Reply with Quote
Gaborik will skyrocket

Crosby's awesome shut up with your anti crosby bullcrap
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2007 :  08:01:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man I can't wait till IHC sees THAT post! Hahaha
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  01:03:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IHC i can NOT tell how much it sucks to agree with you. But loungo definatly deserves the hart before Crosby!! Loungo has played so well espeically recently where has crosby has played amazing all year, but the penguins are still in the crapper and the canucks are 3rd in the conference.

CANUCKS RULE!!
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  18:04:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Canucks Man...Did you see Luongo last night against the sharks?

WOW

I don't think words can describe how big of a hero that guy is....He was a little shaky in the first month or so (and I mean a LITTLE), but now that he's adjusted to playing in vancouver, he keeps getting better and better.....I don't think it really matters if the Nucks go out and get another scorer or something. If they have that guy in net, I can't image them ever losing 4 out of 7 games, if you know what I mean.

ps: for that guest up there, I think A LOT of us hockey fans are more annoyed with this "next one" bulls***.....I'm merely showing another opinion (not to mention the most logical one)

I HATE CROSBY

Edited by - I HATE CROSBY on 01/29/2007 18:07:05
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  18:09:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep IHC, I'm a little tired of the Next One stuff too...you can't label Sid as the Next One after only one and a half seasons of good stats...he has to keep it up for, oh I dunno, AS LONG AS GRETZKY DID, maybe?
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  20:43:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

Yep IHC, I'm a little tired of the Next One stuff too...you can't label Sid as the Next One after only one and a half seasons of good stats...he has to keep it up for, oh I dunno, AS LONG AS GRETZKY DID, maybe?

Ok, I'll mention this now to everyone (Mik you aren't the only one):

This is about the millionth time this has been posted on the site. As much as we want everyone to share their well-spelled (), educated opinion on this site, there is no need to repeat the same thing over and over and then some. We get it, it's annoying to hear about Crosby because he's so young and hasn't proven anything yet. Given this statement, it's rather ironic to perpetuate discussion about him. Please, no more.

Edited by - bablaboushka on 01/29/2007 20:44:54
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  20:51:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
today it said if crosby kepps up the points he will get the same amount of points Gretz did as a 19 year old 137 points
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  21:29:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 1 Crosby fan

today it said if crosby kepps up the points he will get the same amount of points Gretz did as a 19 year old 137 points

Is that a joke?

If crosby and wayne both drank apple juice every morning, would there be a newspaper article on that?

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  23:34:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The biggest problem with comparing wayne gretzky to sidney crosby is that gretzky was not only a play maker but also a prolific goal scorer where has crosby will never put 92 puck in to the net in a season unless the NHL stops useing goalies. I saw on sportsnet a while ago a "Power Poll" that had whitch of gretzkys recoreds whould crosby beat first and the second most popular anwser was 92 goals in a season which is bull itself. ppl dont understand that crosby will never score even close to as many goals as the great one did

CANUCKS RULE!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4435
( )

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  09:41:32  Reply with Quote
id like to see joe thornton have a good finish god knows we could really use him back in boston right now.our ship is sinking there.i know it wont be marty stuart or primeau.great deal o'connell ya moron
Go to Top of Page

Guest7597
( )

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  13:14:59  Reply with Quote
I think everyone on this site that is ripping crosby is a total idiot. Come on baby, the kids only 18 years old. Im not even a huge crosby or pitsburg fan but he is the best player in the league hands down and will be the best for years to come. Ovenchin is a faster skater and stronger but crosby is very close in those departments and has by far the best vision in the league. He makes everyone around him so much better. One guy said he will never put up points like Gretzky unless the league stops using goalies. Buddy if crosby was shooting against the tendies Gretzky shot against they might as well stop playing with goalies cause they sucked balls. He does get alot of attention but if u were 18 and that unreal u would too. So take it easy on the guy. He doesnt decide how much attention he gets, he's just a good hockey player. I dont know if he will be as good as the great one but it is very possible if he keeps on doing what he's doing. Judging by his attitude he will.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  16:18:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He's 19. Doesn't really change a lot, but we oughtta keep the facts straight, eh?

Go to Top of Page

-oil-country-
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
988 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  16:51:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think Joe Thornton has the best vision in the game. Ya Crosby makes fancy passes and all that but big Joe makes perfect passes every single time.
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  17:32:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

The biggest problem with comparing wayne gretzky to sidney crosby is that gretzky was not only a play maker but also a prolific goal scorer where has crosby will never put 92 puck in to the net in a season unless the NHL stops useing goalies. I saw on sportsnet a while ago a "Power Poll" that had whitch of gretzkys recoreds whould crosby beat first and the second most popular anwser was 92 goals in a season which is bull itself. ppl dont understand that crosby will never score even close to as many goals as the great one did

CANUCKS RULE!!

Nobody will score that many goals because Goalies are huge now, and as much as you can cut down on the clutch & grab, you'll never get the goalies to give up their ballooning gear.

Go ahead, try to disprove this: watch one tape of ANY Gretzky goal, and you'll agree that you would have been better off with Fat Albert in goal.

Also, let's not forget that scoring is down about 3 goals per game since Gretz's days...that's 120 goals per team per season (based on 1.5 goals per game per team).

I 'agree' with all of you in saying that Sid will never touch the 92....but I'll also go out and say that 60 will only happen a handful of times in the next 50 years...unless they start using Shooter Tutor...

...who would STILL stop more pucks than Raycroft

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  17:34:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

Thanks Canucks Man...Did you see Luongo last night against the sharks?

WOW

I don't think words can describe how big of a hero that guy is....He was a little shaky in the first month or so (and I mean a LITTLE), but now that he's adjusted to playing in vancouver, he keeps getting better and better.....I don't think it really matters if the Nucks go out and get another scorer or something. If they have that guy in net, I can't image them ever losing 4 out of 7 games, if you know what I mean.

ps: for that guest up there, I think A LOT of us hockey fans are more annoyed with this "next one" bulls***.....I'm merely showing another opinion (not to mention the most logical one)

I HATE CROSBY

28-16-2, 2.36 GAA (9th in league), 0.920 S% (7th in league)

Let's not hand out the Hart just yet....those aren't even Vezina numbers

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  17:37:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4625

Crosby all the way!!

Go Cans

Ya, dont we all love Cans. I'm cheering for the potato cans but the pea cans are looking really good right now. BTW, its Canes, which would make more sense.

~You play to win the Game~ Herm Edwards
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  17:37:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's pretty easy to find a counterexample for...Brodeur's pads are substantially smaller than anyone eles's and he's the 2nd best in the league...and his pads are smaller than roys in 86 (though roys were still small) Furthermore, when roy won the cup in 86, his gaa was under 2 in the playoffs.....That gear crap is a MYTH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  17:40:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Novie

28-16-2, 2.36 GAA (9th in league), 0.920 S% (7th in league)

Let's not hand out the Hart just yet....those aren't even Vezina numbers

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche

You're pretty thick in the head buddy....WHAT DO NUMBERS MEAN.....if he faced 15 shots a game like hasek, his numbers would be heroic too........He single-handedly wins almost every game...if that's not a hart winner, i don't know what is.

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  17:41:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Novie Loungo team is in first in there division with out him the nucks would be in the back fighting for a playoff spot right now where has Crosbys team is at the back of the pack fighting to stay alive.

CANUCKS RULE!!
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  17:44:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
also novie the Hart is most valuble to his team, right?? well Pittsburg has so many young superstars and a couple older good veterans, with out crosby pittsburgs in the exact same position, they sucked last year with crosby

CANUCKS RULE!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page