Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 DEADLINE DAY CHAT Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2007 :  13:50:52  Show Profile
Oiler re-sign Smyth in July. If this happens, this is an amazing move by Kevin Lowe. I know, I know Oiler fans, Smyth is (was) the heart of the team and to see him in another jersey is criminal. BUT, with their own pick, the one from NYI, and the one from Anaheim from the Pronger deal, that gives the Oilers 3-1st round picks this year. The two players that they got for Smyth were both 1st round picks. That's 5 first rounders for sure. If Anaheim happens to make it to the finals this year, the Oilers get another one. That will be 4-1st round picks this year, plus the 2 prospects from the trade. Any team out there would love to have 6 first round picks in their system. Look at the team Pittsburgh has become in literally three years through the draft.

I hear that the Islanders already have offered Smyth $5.6 million over 3 years. If this happens, the trade is craps.

Wait until you hear the boos at Rexall tonight at Messier's retirement ceremony when they announce Kevin Lowe's Name.

Regardless of the dealing working out in the long run or not, this is a sad day for any Oiler Fan. I am disgusted that my 500th post was about Smyth getting traded. I will be crying in many beers tonight.

Edited by - Beans15 on 02/27/2007 13:55:20
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2007 :  14:05:48  Show Profile
I think the biggest trade of the year is Smyth to New York

ps. congrats on 500 posts Beans

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~

Edited by - semin-rules on 02/27/2007 14:15:05
Go to Top of Page

oil guy
Rookie

Canada
122 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2007 :  14:13:17  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Oiler re-sign Smyth in July. If this happens, this is an amazing move by Kevin Lowe. I know, I know Oiler fans, Smyth is (was) the heart of the team and to see him in another jersey is criminal. BUT, with their own pick, the one from NYI, and the one from Anaheim from the Pronger deal, that gives the Oilers 3-1st round picks this year. The two players that they got for Smyth were both 1st round picks. That's 5 first rounders for sure. If Anaheim happens to make it to the finals this year, the Oilers get another one. That will be 4-1st round picks this year, plus the 2 prospects from the trade. Any team out there would love to have 6 first round picks in their system. Look at the team Pittsburgh has become in literally three years through the draft.

I hear that the Islanders already have offered Smyth $5.6 million over 3 years. If this happens, the trade is craps.

Wait until you hear the boos at Rexall tonight at Messier's retirement ceremony when they announce Kevin Lowe's Name.

Regardless of the dealing working out in the long run or not, this is a sad day for any Oiler Fan. I am disgusted that my 500th post was about Smyth getting traded. I will be crying in many beers tonight.

Beans, this deal is completely crap, the oil have a bunch of picks in a week draft year. Wang will throw whatever money smyth wants, and if not them any other team will. Except the oilers who would rather spend top dollars on players who kinda put an effort in. Do not hold your breathe that he resigns in edmonton. it won't happen.
Go to Top of Page

ryschevy1
Rookie

Canada
186 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2007 :  14:13:31  Show Profile
Great if they get him back in summer, but yeah it is criminal to put him in another jersey! At least they stuck to somewhat the same colors!! It really sucks that if the Isles do sign him and keep him, he won't be back to play at Rexall for quite some time. I can't see them signing him in the summer if they wouldn't do it now, but maybe i'm wrong. Wonderful if they can with all the draft picks they have now but like I said I can't see it. I refuse to be a bandwagon jumper and I still say they will make a strong run at the post-season without him. Hopefully Hemsky, Sykora and Horcoff can step it up a notch and get them there.

GO OIL!!! YA!!!
Go to Top of Page

jbraiter
PickupHockey Pro

577 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2007 :  14:36:43  Show Profile
they are not getting him back in the summer smyth wont come back to the oilers because he was pissed that they couldn't agree to terms, so i excpect him sighning with ny isles
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2007 :  15:10:03  Show Profile
Before all the Oiler fans get up in arms, try to remember something. ERIC LINDROS. Colorado won the Cup becuase of that trade. It was for nothing but the draft picks. The Avalanche drafted Forsberg, Tanguay, Hedjuk, and Drury and won the Cup.

Only time will tell if this is a good deal or not.
Go to Top of Page

framer87
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
338 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2007 :  15:36:47  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by jbraiter

i wanted him as an avalanche

I don't think that the Avalanche would want him(Bertuzzi) due to his history of them in the past....... We all know what that is.

Go pens

Edited by - framer87 on 02/27/2007 15:37:29
Go to Top of Page

ryschevy1
Rookie

Canada
186 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2007 :  19:19:41  Show Profile
What about the fire-sale in Phoenix in the past while?? Comrie, Saprykin, Nagy, and Laraque?? I'm also surprised Cujo didn't move also. I guess they pretty much conceding this year huh??

GO OIL!!! YA!!!
Go to Top of Page

ryschevy1
Rookie

Canada
186 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2007 :  19:24:52  Show Profile
Marty Biron gone and Ty Conklin in!!! Is this a wise move for Buffalo seeing as now if Miller goes down, Ty is the go to guy, and we all know how bad that could turn out from events in the past.

GO OIL!!! YA!!!
Go to Top of Page

the hockey guy
Rookie

Canada
135 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2007 :  19:46:15  Show Profile
that is a bone head move by bufalo because for a team that is planning to make a playoff run this season, you need to good goalies. Yes biron is a UFA in the summer and this trade frees up much needed cap space, but conklin does have experience is the playoffs. He is good for one thing. Screwing up!! In my opinion Conklin was the reason edmonton lost the series
Go to Top of Page

vintage
Top Prospect

Canada
97 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2007 :  09:44:02  Show Profile
biron will do well in flyers territory i think he will fit right on in
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2007 :  13:16:27  Show Profile
I think it was a bad move for the Sabres to trade Biron. They need a decent backup goalie because if Miller gets injured and they have no good backup, they're screwed. And with the current mount of injuries the last thing Buffalo needs is to lose Miller.
Go to Top of Page

tctitans
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
931 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2007 :  13:51:38  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

I think it was a bad move for the Sabres to trade Biron. They need a decent backup goalie because if Miller gets injured and they have no good backup, they're screwed. And with the current mount of injuries the last thing Buffalo needs is to lose Miller.

I agree that it is a risk. They keep Biron for the cup run and get nothing for him when he leaves, or hope that Miller doesnt get hurt and trade Biron to get something in return for him. It's all about risk managment. I don't think they did a bad job of getting something in return while picking up at least some insurance with an NHL backup goalie as well.
Go to Top of Page

jbraiter
PickupHockey Pro

577 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2007 :  09:14:15  Show Profile
Conklin and playoffs dont mix

Go Canucks
Go to Top of Page

Buddy717
Top Prospect

2 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2007 :  15:48:16  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by admin

jbraiter
Top Prospect
45 Posts
Posted - 02/27/2007 : 08:02:01
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Biron has been officialy traded but not sure where yet. What do you think?

jbraiter
Top Prospect
45 Posts
Posted - 02/27/2007 : 08:12:56
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Biron has been officialy traded to the Flyers that will help them next year

admin
Forum Admin
Canada
490 Posts
Posted - 02/27/2007 : 09:53:47

This one makes no sense to me. What the hell do the Sabres need a 2nd round pick for? They are on the verge of making a cup run (if they get healthy) What if Miller gets hurt? Is Conklin going to step in and take over?

Unless they move the 2nd round pick for a player that can help now.

But why not make this trade in the off season?

This one is puzzling

Ryan Harper
Rookie
Canada
320 Posts
Posted - 02/27/2007 : 10:07:44

Eklund is reporting that the Sabres are clearing cap room for Lupul possibly.

"Some people skate to the puck. I skate to where the puck is going to be."
~Wayne Gretzky

I agree, the Sabres are screwed, all that work to get there..and if Miller gets hurt.. man...
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2007 :  20:32:40  Show Profile
Beans it may be tough to sign him if he finishes the season well, Lowe will have to compete with 29 other teams, and I am sure the Islanders are going to do their best to sign him, Snow is sharper than most GM's think...Either way Smyth will come out on top with a fat contract...

Lowe might be behind the ...

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright, until they speak...
Go to Top of Page

jbraiter
PickupHockey Pro

577 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  15:39:49  Show Profile
i am also sure snow will want to sign smyth
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2007 :  22:22:08  Show Profile
Smyth will be a Leaf...

There are: People that make things happen, people that watch things happen, and people that wonder what happened, who are you...
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2007 :  09:46:51  Show Profile
There is no more need for this thread.

Admin, would you please "de-sticky" this?

Edited by - bablaboushka on 04/12/2007 09:48:07
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page