Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 NHL players, you have met / seen Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  19:45:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have always wondered if anyone has seen like Crosby or Sakic when they aren't playing hockey?? Have any of you met or seen a player while they weren't playing hockey??

The best I have seen is Brandon Ried, I got to talk to him when he was waiting outside the dressing room. It's not Crosby, but it's better than nothing.

Who have you seen / talked to?

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~

tctitans
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
931 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  19:49:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cliff Ronning, Geoff Courtnall, Harold Snepts, Thomas Gradin, Stan Smyl, Darcy Rota, Blaine Stoughton, Larry Robinson, Chris Pronger, Brett Hull, Cam Neely... i'm sure more.
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  19:52:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sidney Crosby,Chris Pronger,Scott Neidermayer,Joe Sakic,Alexander Ovechkin,Jordin Tootoo,Dany Heatley,Stevie Y,Nik Lidstrum,Roberto Luongo

Winners never Quit and Quitters never win
Go to Top of Page

-oil-country-
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
988 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  19:54:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ryan Smyth, really nice guy, he came out of dressing room and gave me and like 5 other kids signed pucks. Ales Hemsky, he said hey buddy how you doing? (when i was like 6 or 7) i was so proud and bragged to kids at daycare, Marc-Antoine Pouliot, talked to him while he was waiting outside dressing room too and Georges Laraque (when he was an Oiler), just said hi.

Edited by - -oil-country- on 03/28/2007 09:35:57
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  19:59:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 1 Crosby fan

Sidney Crosby,Chris Pronger,Scott Neidermayer,Joe Sakic,Alexander Ovechkin,Jordin Tootoo,Dany Heatley,Stevie Y,Nik Lidstrum,Roberto Luongo

Well that makes your "Two truths + lie" pretty easy...

I watched my brother play street hockey against Sidney Crosby when he was 14 playing Major Midget here in Dartmouth. My brother's Atom A team was playing street hockey against their team for fun, so I wasn't allowed to join them. Sid was fooling around and my brother almost laid a good hip check on him, it was quite funny. Imagine that, my brother the one who ruins his career with a knee injury or something haha.

Edited by - bablaboushka on 03/27/2007 20:00:28
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  20:07:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh yea i have seen all the rostered player on the Sharks at this hotel in VAN long time ago in the pre-season of this year and got a couple signed stuff
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  20:25:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 1 Crosby fan

Where did you meet all of them?
Me I was in a hotel elevator when was 6 and say Linden and Odjick, I met naslund, Chubarov, Justin Kurtz(I think hes in the minors now) and Trevor Linden at the canucks superskills in 2003, I saw Henrik Sedin at a Hotel I stayed at( the guy at the desk told me after that he was checking his friend out) also my 3rd cousin is Torrie Robertson who was a pretty good fighter in the 80's

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  20:28:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think i said i travel to watch the canucks and other games and yea

Go to Top of Page

Saku Steen
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1102 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  03:39:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ive had a native hockey camp and Chad Denny ran it. Hes a real nice guy. He was drafted in the 2nd rd. 49th overall!
I have seen Crosby at my old school twice and I saw him driving around in his car. My sisters friend grew up with him and another went to school with him. I know his sister, Taylor (she hates all of the attention)
My sisters friend had to kick him off a tennis court so he could instruct. He thought nothing of it because he grew up with him. All the kids thought that he was crazy!
Thats my story, I have also met, Sean Avery, Mike Bossy and Scotty Bowan!
Go to Top of Page

Guest7808
( )

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  04:58:03  Reply with Quote
doug gilmour, rick vaive, tie domi, and more but i forget
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  05:02:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sid - When he was playnig Midget back in Nova Scotia
Shea Weber - Worked at a Sicamous Eagles training camp (he was just there for a workout, played in Kelowna that year)
Mike Rathje - Married into the family!
Dion Phaneuf - Chinook Centre (mall in Calgary) - not as big off skates, with gear off
Mike Commodore TWICE - Once in Kananaskis, once at West edmonton mall
Jason Smith (I think) - Driving a gold Hummer out of a subdivision in Edmonton where he's rumored to live

Think that's about it

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
Go to Top of Page

manninm
PickupHockey Pro

USA
347 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  05:43:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Met a lot in my day, but here are some of the highlights:

Sid - While dining in pittsburgh with a friend. Nice guy, but probably getting tired of the attention

Peca/Barnaby - Many times. Peca's a world class guy, Barnaby's a world class douche. I've never seen a career fourth liner think he was worth so much.

Brooks Orpik - Played hockey with him. He was kind of a jerk, but we were 11/12/13 years old, so we were all kind of jerks back then.

Lemieux - Met him at his charity outing in pittsburgh 2 years ago. Interesting kind of guy, you could tell he had a lot fo say but wasn't saying it. It was hard to get a read.
Go to Top of Page

wyntyre
Rookie

Canada
185 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  07:53:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I work with Brian Skrudlands neice, and my friends sisters husband was the best man at Theoren Fleurys wedding last summer....Other than that the only one I've really seen who is famous is Ace Frehley at the Zoo (a bar) in winnipeg

Can't go...The Roads Are Dirty
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  08:18:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ohh I forgot, At a Jack Niklas golf course called Bear Mountain, A whole bunch of NHLers are investers and a bunch of them were playing in this special thing Jack was putting on, Rob Niedermeyer, Gary Roberts, Sean Burke, Len Barrie(former NHLer and basically owns the golf course because he put the most money into it has a huge house you can see from all of langford) Ryan Smyth, Geoff Courtnall and a few others I dont remember.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

juice32
Rookie

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  08:27:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I got to meet and chat with Brian Trottier. He was playin a charity game in St. john's NL. He signed a puck for me after the game and tld me that I needed to get a pen that worked......lol. I also got to see Curtis Joseph, he was waiting for a bus.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4406
( )

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  08:34:10  Reply with Quote
Last night I was out at the bars with my friends and i turn around and in one of the booths was ray emery and mike comrie
Go to Top of Page

Lrocker
Top Prospect

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  09:15:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know I am showing my age, but in the early eighties I met Phil Russel. He was buying milk at the local store.
Chatted with an excited Craig Conroy after he was traded back to Calgary at the Flames celebrity poker tournament.

"Bye Bye!" John McLaughlin
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  09:42:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wyntyre

I work with Brian Skrudlands neice

That's right I've met Brian Skrudland on many occasions because I played hockey with his nephew, Scott. Scott's dad, Barry, who is Brian's brother was our coach at the time.
Go to Top of Page

PENSFAN8771
Rookie

USA
114 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  09:58:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Went to penguins hockey camp as a kid. Trottier was a coach there too. He was real friendly and a very good coach. He taught me a good bit about screening and shooting when the pucks already in the crease. Ken Wregget also stopped in for one day.
Go to Top of Page

PENSFAN8771
Rookie

USA
114 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  10:06:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also met Mike Vernon in a hot tub in Disney World. He was sitting around just casually talking with the people in there with him and mentioned something about moving to Florida for his job. When asked, he said he had just been traded from San Jose to Florida. I was the only guy in the hot tub that even recognized his name (and there were 5 grown men sitting in there). He was there with his family and his young daughter came over soon to get him for something and he left.
Go to Top of Page

PENSFAN8771
Rookie

USA
114 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  10:10:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've never been able to confirm this one, but maybe someone can help. When I was 13, the Russian 1986 team visited my home town on a US tour. In theory, Malkin would have been on this team. I skated with them in practice one night, but I have never know if he was actually there.
Go to Top of Page

manninm
PickupHockey Pro

USA
347 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  10:25:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Malkin? Evgeni Malkin? He was born in 1986.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2897
( )

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  12:43:53  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by -oil-country-

Ryan Smyth, really nice guy, he came out of dressing room and gave me and like 5 other kids signed pucks. Ales Hemsky, he said hey buddy how you doing? (when i was like 6 or 7) i was so proud and bragged to kids at daycare, Marc-Antoine Pouliot, talked to him while he was waiting outside dressing room too and Georges Laraque (when he was an Oiler), just said hi.

Ales Hemsky is 23 years old...how old was he when you met him?

As for me, I had the pleasure of going in to Trevor Linden's summer house as well as Greg Adams summer house (both on Okanogan Lake in Kelowna). I am related to an old-timer golfer who also had his summer home on Okanogan Lake, so he took me and my sister to hang out with each of their families for a part of the day. It was quite the treat. Other than that I had the chance to get the entire 1996 Canucks team autographs, as my mom works for the company where they all get their blood tested prior to the season. She brought me in to work that day and I had a chance to say hi to the lot of them.

Just over 2 years ago I sat down for a beer with Alex Auld, Ryan Kesler, and Jason King, as they were all having lunch at the local Boston Pizza. They invited me and my buddy over for a beer as we were both wearing our Canucks gear.
Go to Top of Page

hithere311
Rookie

Canada
109 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  13:33:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bumped into ryan smyth in southgate mall when he played in edmonton.
Go to Top of Page

wyntyre
Rookie

Canada
185 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  15:02:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I forgot Russ Courtnall, I booked a hotel room for him in New York City for a grand a night. He was pretty funny...thought he was calling a company in the States so when I asked who I was speaking to he said Russ Courtnall. I was like "NHL Russ Courtnall?" and he said "You must be Canadian?"

It was pretty funny

Can't go...The Roads Are Dirty
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  15:14:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Todd Fedoruk was a friend of mine in Junior High. I haven't seen him since High School.

Grant Fuhr when I was young at a lake near Edmonton

Played Ball Hockey Against Ryan Smyth and Georges Laraque

Doug Weight in a bar in Edmonton (two fisting pitchers of beer and hitting on all the lovely ladies)

Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  16:01:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When i was five i played a hockey game between the first period of a regina pats game against Gilbert Perrault and Tiger Williams, funny Tiger accidentally knocked my friend over and i went and started punching Tiger in the gut, i was only five at the time. And i met the whole world under 17 hockey challenge team of team U.S.A. During that time i met Ron Rolston brother of Brian Rolston.
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  16:20:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I haven't met him, but Matt Stajan is a good family friend of mine. My grandmother and his are best friends, and my mom and his are friends also (she confirmed my mom). Sometimes i hear that me and Matt Stajan are third or fourth cousins from my grandma, so i don't know if they are couzins themselves or just really good friends, or even sisters. When my grandfather died Matt came to the funeral home, but I wasn't there.

my other grandfather met lots of NHL players. He used to be a tailor and NHLers would go to my dad's house all the time. He knew Tim Horton, Pat Quinn and many more. Once when my dad was small Tim Horton came to his house to get a suit. My dad went downstairs and was so excited he said "Hey number 7". He still laughs about that.

Long Live Leafs Nation!!
Go to Top of Page

Patchy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
529 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  16:34:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I met Roberto Luongo and Kevin Bieksa after a leafs nucks game, they're both great guys, i didn't want them to sign my leafs jersey so i just met them lol. I've also met mike dunham, wes walz and scottie upshall when my cousin played on the preds/wild.

~~Go Leafs Go~~
Go to Top of Page

Saku Steen
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1102 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  16:39:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whos your cousin?
Go to Top of Page

Patchy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
529 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  19:11:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dunno if you've heard of him or not but his name is Jeremy Stevenson. He currently plays in Denmark, but he played on the stars earlier this year. I also got to go along with the wild in their cup run. (Well for some of it)

~~Go Leafs Go~~
Go to Top of Page

lyall
PickupHockey Pro

360 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  20:32:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Raffi Torres, Fernando Pisani & Jarret Stoll all come into my restaraunt pretty regularly. The last time Torres Scored he came in for lunch. & once Stoll came in with Rachel Hunter.

Most of the Oilers got to the my sister Restaraunt before every home game.

"I Was So Happy I Gave Kerry Fraser A Hug" -Bill Guerin
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  23:32:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
was Malkin even alive in 86 PainTrain??

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Get The Towels Out Guys PLAYOFFS!!!
Go to Top of Page

Saku Steen
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1102 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  03:43:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Patchy

I dunno if you've heard of him or not but his name is Jeremy Stevenson. He currently plays in Denmark, but he played on the stars earlier this year. I also got to go along with the wild in their cup run. (Well for some of it)

~~Go Leafs Go~~

Ive heard that name before!
Go to Top of Page

PENSFAN8771
Rookie

USA
114 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2007 :  06:25:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

CANUCKS RULE!!!

He was born in '86, so he would have played on the Russian '86 team, not played in 1986.
Go to Top of Page

oil guy
Rookie

Canada
122 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2007 :  08:02:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I ran into Ryan Smyth in a Visions in Edmonton, great guy.
Met Martin Gelinas at game 3 of the Stanley Cup final in Edmonton last year, a little too cocky.
Kyle Mclarens mom was my moms maid of honor and we hung out as kids.
Go to Top of Page

manninm
PickupHockey Pro

USA
347 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2007 :  08:35:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PENSFAN8771

quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

CANUCKS RULE!!!

He was born in '86, so he would have played on the Russian '86 team, not played in 1986.

ya, that makes sense...my bad
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2007 :  09:48:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oil guy

Met Martin Gelinas at game 3 of the Stanley Cup final in Edmonton last year, a little too cocky.

Wierd a player going to watch a game

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

the hockey guy
Rookie

Canada
135 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2007 :  14:55:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have met Hossa, on a plane to Checoslovakia, Jaromir Jagr Marc Savard, all the Toronto Maple Leafs, Iginla, Kiprusof Tchetiak, Patric Roy, Ed Belfor, Cujo, Turco, M.A. Fleury, J.S. Guiguere.

It seems like most hockey players I meet are goalies. It is funny because I am not a goalie.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2007 :  14:59:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by the hockey guy

I have met Hossa, on a plane to Checoslovakia...all the Toronto Maple Leafs....Tchetiak

1. Czechoslovakia (P.S. Did you mean the Czech Republic?)
2. That must suck
3. You mean Tretiak? Where on earth did you mean him?? Did you go to Russia?

Edited by - Mikhailova on 03/30/2007 15:00:13
Go to Top of Page

the hockey guy
Rookie

Canada
135 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2007 :  15:00:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My friends sister was also engaged to Derek Roy but as soon as he got drafted to the NHL he broke up. It was pretty sad for her and she wishes that he breaks his legs every game he plays
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page