Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Favourite Sport Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Guest5225
( )

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  18:52:11  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
what is your favourtie sport

Choices:

Hockey
Baseball
Football
Basketball
Rugby
Lacrosse
Golf?
other

Guest5225
( )

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  18:52:50  Reply with Quote
its obviously baseball if you dont agree i dont care!
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  18:59:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went for Hockey. There is a reason its called the Best Game on Earth.

When life gives you lemons throw them at the Ottawa Senators and their fans and hope it gets them in the eyes ;)
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  18:59:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well considering you are posting this on a hockey website, im guessing most people are going to say hockey. But my favourite sport to play is Lacrosse Hockey is 0.00001 percent behind it though

~~~Let's Go Ducks!!!~~~
Go to Top of Page

number1leafsfan
Rookie

Canada
103 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  19:00:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i said baseball but hockey and football are really close runner ups

I am what I am- Sid The Kid
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  19:05:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Obviously hockey. C'mon you Canadians, shouldn't you be saying the same?
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  19:19:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd take golf any day over hockey...Just read my tyrade on that wings game and that sums it up......The sport of golf has integrity, something the Bettman-led NHL has none of.....The only problem I have with golf is there is too mach Tiger coverage, but I think he's earned it a lot more than, say Crosby has.......I mean, Golf is the closest sport to theatre...EVERY shot is important, so there are no dull moments (unless a guy is leading by a lot).....I don't know how many people watch golf, but the final round of the 2004 Masters (the one Phil won, and Ernie gave a huge run in) was miles above any hockey game in terms of excitement...I love hockey, but that's probably because it's been a part of my life since I was 3, golf is the wave of my future.

Sugar Ray over Hasek any day!
Go to Top of Page

fly4apuckguy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
834 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  20:05:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

I'd take golf any day over hockey...Just read my tyrade on that wings game and that sums it up......The sport of golf has integrity, something the Bettman-led NHL has none of.....The only problem I have with golf is there is too mach Tiger coverage, but I think he's earned it a lot more than, say Crosby has.......I mean, Golf is the closest sport to theatre...EVERY shot is important, so there are no dull moments (unless a guy is leading by a lot).....I don't know how many people watch golf, but the final round of the 2004 Masters (the one Phil won, and Ernie gave a huge run in) was miles above any hockey game in terms of excitement...I love hockey, but that's probably because it's been a part of my life since I was 3, golf is the wave of my future.

I can't believe I've wasted time arguing with you. A guy who acts like he is an authority on hockey and the evaluation of certain hockey players, yet professes his love and admiration for...ahem...golf.

Hey, I like playing golf. I don't even mind watching it on a lazy Sunday once in awhile, but holy crap man! Let's just say this put things into perspective for me. And you call Sid a whiner - how about Tiger throwing his clubs and cussing people out for taking his picture? Oooo, the camera made a clicky noise! I can't hit the ball right when I hear the clicky noise! Wahhhh!

I chose hockey, by the way. Best game to watch, but even better to play. I love it. I wish I'd never get older.

Golf? Did I read that right?

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Gretz
Go to Top of Page

framer87
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
338 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  20:39:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

The putt on the 18th hole and his hilarious jump hahaha yeah that was exciting. The only reason he made it though was Chris Dimarco had a putt very similar to that.

I voted golf as well
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  21:34:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Flyforapuck, I don't like tiger btw, for the exact reason you said.....I was just saying if people are going to beat off over a remarkable talent, I think Tiger has proved a lot more than Sid...Even When Tiger was 19 he'd done more in his sport than Sid........Don't slam golf big guy, it is a substantially older and more respected sport than hockey. I mean, only in golf do you call a penalty on yourself....Instead of having morons do it (NHL refs)......Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with the actual sport of hockey, and it is just slightly behind golf for my favorite sport to play, I am just really irritated with the NHL right now...Games on Saturday afternoons to please a network that knows jack s*** about hockey, and then those damn penalties every 40 seconds.....I'd take the 1994 playoffs as the 2nd greatest sporting event I've seen (behind the 2004 Masters)...So don't get me wrong, hockey is sweet!

Edited by - I HATE CROSBY on 05/11/2007 21:35:41
Go to Top of Page

Saku Steen
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1102 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2007 :  07:23:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hockey!!!! The best game on Earth!
Go to Top of Page

fly4apuckguy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
834 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2007 :  10:36:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hey Flyforapuck, I don't like tiger btw, for the exact reason you said.....I was just saying if people are going to beat off over a remarkable talent, I think Tiger has proved a lot more than Sid...Even When Tiger was 19 he'd done more in his sport than Sid........Don't slam golf big guy, it is a substantially older and more respected sport than hockey. I mean, only in golf do you call a penalty on yourself....Instead of having morons do it (NHL refs)......Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with the actual sport of hockey, and it is just slightly behind golf for my favorite sport to play, I am just really irritated with the NHL right now...Games on Saturday afternoons to please a network that knows jack s*** about hockey, and then those damn penalties every 40 seconds.....I'd take the 1994 playoffs as the 2nd greatest sporting event I've seen (behind the 2004 Masters)...So don't get me wrong, hockey is sweet!

Go ahead and be irritated with NHL hockey. I also think the Saturday afternoon games, the glow puck, and every other stupid thing they do to try and get ratings in the USA is ridiculous. Personally, I couldn't care less if Americans watch the game or not. If they do, great. If not, great. The game would survive in Canada if there was no American TV or franchises.

But as you sort of eluded to, hockey is not only about the NHL, and it certainly is not about the NHL executives. And it really really really is not about NBC or Versus.

It's the game of Canada. It's the game of my heores like The Rocket, The Golden Jet, Bobby Orr and The Great One. It's what I did virtually every waking moment of my non-school life until I was an adult. It is now what I dedicate 90% of my adult non-family free time to. In the winter, I played outside when it was -40 degrees Celcius (where were my parents, I wonder), and in the summer, it was road hockey until it got dark. My dad managed our local arena, so I often "shot around" on the ice at 6 in the morning, and then after the day's events until 2 or 3 in the morning.

To me, golf is a pretty good sport. If it is your favorite game, good on you.

My view on golf can be summed up in one statement, though: fat guys win pro golf tournaments.

Go to Top of Page

fly4apuckguy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
834 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2007 :  10:39:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fly4apuckguy

[quote]Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

Even When Tiger was 19 he'd done more in his sport than Sid.

That is highly debateable, by the way. Not knocking Tiger, but at 19, was Tiger the best player in his sport?

Nope. Best amateur, maybe. He won his first Masters at 21 or 22, I believe.

Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2007 :  11:19:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, I had to chime in here.

Firstly, Fly it is your opinion that Crosby is the best player in the league right now. Not everyone's opinion. No one can argue that Tiger in the best Golfer in the world. I would think that Tiger Woods is part of a group of 2 or 3 Sports figures that are Globally Recognized. Crosby is not one of those other 2 or 3 Sports Figures. And you are comparing Crosby in Hockey, a sport where a player peak is in their 20's and most don't play past their late 30s to Tiger in golf, a sport where most player's prime is in their 30's and they play well into their late 40's. Tiger Woods being the 2nd most accomplished golfer in history BEFORE he should hit his prime is far more impressive to me than Crosby winning the Art Ross before his prime.

And let's remember, Tiger became a Pro in August of 1996 at the age of 20(born Dec. 75). Before turning pro, he won the US Amateur Tournament three consecutive years. Jack Nicklaus himself said is the hardest tournament to win, even more so than a Major. That doesn't count the NCAA Championship he won. What did Crosby win before turning pro??? The World Junior Championship with the best players in the country. He couldn't lead his junior team to a championship could he??

Tiger played in 8 tournaments his first year as a 20 year old, winning 2, finishing in the top 5 in 4 others. Then in 1997, in only his 15th pro tourney, he not only won the Masters, but he shattered the record for largest margin of victory and lowest 72 round total. Before he turned 22 he won 6 times, including the Masters and had 10 top 10 finishes. Some players don't have that in their careers. Crosby has a lot of work to do to catch up!

For the record, I voted hockey. However, the suspense in the 4 majors in Golf is pretty amazing. It's like golf have 4 playoffs each year while hockey has one. And I am not a fan of Tiger Woods either. But respect is given when it is due.

Edited by - Beans15 on 05/12/2007 11:45:45
Go to Top of Page

fly4apuckguy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
834 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2007 :  12:23:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not saying Tiger's not a good golfer. He's a great golfer, maybe the best ever, in a game that is played everywhere in the world (which is why he is internationally recognized, not to mention that he 's a spokesperson for Nike and they run his commercials globally, not just in North America).

But it's golf. Tiger can win every event ever played, I don't care. It's golf. It's a good game. Chess is a good game too. If you are so in love with the "sport", so be it. Good for you. My grandma challenges you to a game.
Anything you can play at the age of 85 and be 100 pounds overweight isn't all that amazing to me, athletically speaking.

And by the way, I've noticed everytime I have an opinion on anything, there are about four or five of you that always "chime in". It's like high school, for god's sake. You'd all come out in defense of kicking puppies if I said I'm against puppy kicking. Bring it on. I always did hate cliques.

Edited by - fly4apuckguy on 05/12/2007 12:25:01
Go to Top of Page

andyhack
PickupHockey Pro

Japan
891 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2007 :  15:57:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For me it depends on the type of puppy, as well as the angle and strength of the kick. All factors must be looked at!

I'm joking!!!!! My wife will kill me if she sees this by the way. Anyway, I have no thoughts on golf, but really wanted to somehow "chime in".
Go to Top of Page

SJSharks
Top Prospect

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2007 :  20:23:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!

Thanks for the great season Sharks! May'be next season.
Go to Top of Page

andyhack
PickupHockey Pro

Japan
891 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2007 :  20:39:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SJSharks - I'm not clear. What is your favorite sport?

I chose hockey cause it is such a fast and exciting game to both play and watch. I do have a number of reservations about the game though, which I have commented on in some of my more pacifist posts on this site. I am torn by that actually. Love tough hockey. Hate dirty hockey. And there is such a cloudy line between the two. Sometimes I want to turn off the part of me that finds parts of hockey embarrassing actually. But I can't. On the other hand, parts of all sports are embarassing I guess. Overall, hockey is my favorite team sport. Tennis is my favorite one-on-one sport. I also like sumo wrestling a lot too. Lot of honor in that sport.

"You are not only insane, but you also hate your kids" fly4apuckguy

Edited by - andyhack on 05/12/2007 20:43:33
Go to Top of Page

fly4apuckguy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
834 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2007 :  21:57:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
andyhack, thanks for the props on your signature. I personally love that quote, and think it deserves nothing less. It was off the cuff, but now that I read it again, it's as funny as hell.

Go to Top of Page

fly4apuckguy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
834 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2007 :  22:51:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SJSharks

Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!Hockey!!

Thanks for the great season Sharks! May'be next season.

How nice to have another hockey person on this hockey message board. I'm glad I'm not alone with all of the golfers and lacrosse players around here.

If you get the chance, boys and girls, andyhack invites you to push his kids headfirst into the boards while he tells those around him he forgives you.
Go to Top of Page

andyhack
PickupHockey Pro

Japan
891 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2007 :  02:33:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
flyguy, my pleasure.

By the way - there is a key difference between my tagline and the one you have now created.

The one I created actually comes from you, and you meant it.

The one you created is your twisted interpretation of something I was trying to say.

p.s. I'd call a truce with you but I'm not sure what that would do. The thing I am arguing against is your unreasonableness and fanaticism. Does a truce end that? Probably not, right?

Have a good Sunday.

p.s. I am going to copy this over to one other thread.

Edited by - andyhack on 05/13/2007 02:40:07
Go to Top of Page

fly4apuckguy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
834 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2007 :  06:21:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andyhack

flyguy, my pleasure.

By the way - there is a key difference between my tagline and the one you have now created.

The one I created actually comes from you, and you meant it.

The one you created is your twisted interpretation of something I was trying to say.

p.s. I'd call a truce with you but I'm not sure what that would do. The thing I am arguing against is your unreasonableness and fanaticism. Does a truce end that? Probably not, right?

Have a good Sunday.

p.s. I am going to copy this over to one other thread.

I guess I'll add unreasonable to the list of insults against me. I'm not sure I've seen that one before. Nice.

I bet you live on a one-way street, too.

Mario Lemieux on his off-season training habits: "I don't order fries with my club sandwich."
Go to Top of Page

jbraiter
PickupHockey Pro

577 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2007 :  06:27:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hockey
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2007 :  11:39:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I said Hockey of course My second Favorite sport is MMA(Mixed Martial Arts) mostly UFC(Ultimate Fighting Championship) tho i watch

Good Playoffs Canucks Better luck next season now i cheer the WINGS AND DEVILS GO
Go to Top of Page

I´m also Cånädiön
Rookie

Sweden
217 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2007 :  11:51:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hockey is number 1.

Another fast paced sport that´s fun is I don´t know what you call it in english, Handball? Anyho it´s kinda big in Europe.

(Formerly known as Guest1603)
Go to Top of Page

Guest0942
( )

Posted - 05/13/2007 :  12:41:11  Reply with Quote
i said hockey but i like to play lacrosse too
Go to Top of Page

I´m also Cånädiön
Rookie

Sweden
217 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2007 :  13:26:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Soccer is undisputedly the worlds biggest sport (i didn´t say best).
Is there no one playing it in North America?

Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2007 :  14:30:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's played in North America but there is no professional league (that I know of). It doesn't really get beyond being high school or college sport. The US and Mexico were in the World Cup (was Canada? I forget), but neither did very well. It's more of a European game.

quote:
Originally posted by I´m also Cånädiön

Another fast paced sport that´s fun is I don´t know what you call it in english, Handball? Anyho it´s kinda big in Europe.

There is a game we refer to as handball, but I'm not sure if it's the same as the European game. I think it is, but I'm not sure. It's rarely played in North America but in the Olympics the Europeans always take the medals. Croatia is particularly good at it, at least they have been in the past few Olympics.

Edited by - Mikhailova on 05/13/2007 14:33:18
Go to Top of Page

I´m also Cånädiön
Rookie

Sweden
217 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2007 :  01:25:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hadn´t heard of this Lacrosse before checked it up and it seems like a cool sport.

This prettymuch explains Handboll if anyone is interested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym85m8skU4Q

Edited by - I´m also Cånädiön on 05/14/2007 04:32:03
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2007 :  07:07:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My new favorite sport is listening to Andyhack and Fly4apuckguy go back and forth.

That is some of the funnist sh*t around.

Keep it up boys, I'm your #1 fan!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4735
( )

Posted - 05/14/2007 :  08:33:33  Reply with Quote
I was amazed when I saw this thread. I thought hockey was going to be 100%, or maybe 98%, but 72%? On a hockey website?

There is no sport I love playing more, but its not as fun to watch nowadays. I love hockey fights, and good ol' classic hockey, back where there were less rules (like the goalie can play the puck anywhere). I mean, why can't the goalie play the puck outside of the trapazoid? Soccer is my favorite spectator sport, because I am very european, and no matter what anyone says, the exitment in any soccer stadium during a game is unmatched by any sport. And its the only sport with decent international competion.
Go to Top of Page

hithere311
Rookie

Canada
109 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2007 :  08:38:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Forgot to sign in. Thats me up there.

quote:
It's played in North America but there is no professional league (that I know of). It doesn't really get beyond being high school or college sport. The US and Mexico were in the World Cup (was Canada? I forget), but neither did very well. It's more of a European game.

Soccer isn`t mostly european. Who has the most world cups and which continent are they on. Its the only truly international sport.

And Canada made it past the World Cup qualifying round once in their history, back in 1994 I believe.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2007 :  11:53:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hadn´t heard of this Lacrosse before checked it up and it seems like a cool sport.

Lacrosse is big in Canada, it's what they do after hockey season (right guys?). It's actually pretty big here in the States too, but only on the east coast. It's Maryland's state sport, a lot of kids at my high school play.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2007 :  11:55:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hithere311

Who has the most world cups and which continent are they on.

Brazil, South America. I think...
Go to Top of Page

tctitans
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
931 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2007 :  13:17:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

quote:

Lacrosse is big in Canada, it's what they do after hockey season (right guys?). It's actually pretty big here in the States too, but only on the east coast. It's Maryland's state sport, a lot of kids at my high school play.

Lacrosse is the official sport of Canada.
Go to Top of Page

SlowShot
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
264 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2007 :  12:28:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HOCKEY is the greatest sport. But Football is a close second I love watching the argos (I hate watching NFL). Also golf is not a sport its a HOBBY. It takes no athletisism (if thats how you spell it). John Daily smokes and drinks on the course yet he is great at it. Also you can't say a word well they try to hit it let alone move, but in baseball you can cheer as much as you want when there up to bat. Same thing your focusing on a ball , only one difference is that one is sitting still he others coming at you at 90MPH.
Go to Top of Page

-oil-country-
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
988 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2007 :  13:16:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My favorite sport to play is Hockey because....I dunno I just do it's so fun.

My favorite sport to watch is Lacrosse, very fast, lots of hits, about 20 goals a game (usually more) and are lots of fights. Not to say Hockey doesn't have those but Lacrosee just has more.

Ovechkin>Crosby
Go to Top of Page

SlowShot
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
264 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2007 :  13:42:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SlowShot

HOCKEY is the greatest sport. But Football is a close second I love watching the argos (I hate watching NFL). Also golf is not a sport its a HOBBY. It takes no athletisism (if thats how you spell it). John Daily smokes and drinks on the course yet he is great at it. Also you can't say a word well they try to hit it let alone move, but in baseball you can cheer as much as you want when there up to bat. Same thing your focusing on a ball , only one difference is that one is sitting still the others coming at you at 90MPH.

Go to Top of Page

stastnysforever
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
301 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2007 :  13:56:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i hate that lacrosse is our national sport, hockey should be

what do Calgary and a tea bag have in common- they're both only good for one cup
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2007 :  23:28:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SlowShot

HOCKEY is the greatest sport. But Football is a close second I love watching the argos (I hate watching NFL). Also golf is not a sport its a HOBBY. It takes no athletisism (if thats how you spell it). John Daily smokes and drinks on the course yet he is great at it. Also you can't say a word well they try to hit it let alone move, but in baseball you can cheer as much as you want when there up to bat. Same thing your focusing on a ball , only one difference is that one is sitting still he others coming at you at 90MPH.

You are a joke buddy.....Golf is a lot harder than any other sport to be truely effective at.......It took me many years before I got my first birdie. I got a shutout in my first game ever. People think golf is a hobby, but COMPETITIVE golf is more of a sport than any other sport I've played. Guy Lafleur smoked in between periods of every game. Me and my whole team chewed like crazy between periods, so you're Daly point is moot.....You know s*** about REAL golf so shut up......If you could post a score anywhere near par on a REAL golf course, you'd realize how hard it is...Old farts play beer league all the time just like old farts play golf.....try getting spin on a ball, that takes athletic talent......Try hitting 200 balls on a range, I bet you would be more sore than after a hockey practice...In fact I know from experiece you will be....To all you people who slam golf, you are worse than people down in the states who don't pay any attention to hockey. Cause those people don't know anything about hockey, and don't pretend to. You people pretend to know something about golf, cause you go to your local par 52 course and hit a few good shots. Well, that's not real golf, and you know s*** about that!

Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2007 :  23:30:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stastnysforever

i hate that lacrosse is our national sport, hockey should be

what do Calgary and a tea bag have in common- they're both only good for one cup

Hockey was invented by a Dutch child, so it will never be Canada's national game.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page