Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Halak on the pens Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Greg Smith
Rookie

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  15:39:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I heard the other day that the Pittsburgh penguins were interested in inquiring goalie Jaroslav Halak from the montreal Canadiens. This was the trade proposal

Canadiens

G Jaroslav Halak
3rd round draft pick

Penguins

RW Colby Armstrong

fly4apuckguy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
834 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  18:50:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Considering Armstrong's amazing 1 point this year and the fact that Danny Sabourin is currently there #1 guy ahead of Fleury (who seems to have zero confidence right now), I think it would be a good trade for Pittsburgh.
Go to Top of Page

fly4apuckguy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
834 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2007 :  08:01:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I take it back. Armstrong's last game was awesome.
Go to Top of Page

nashvillepreds
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1053 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2007 :  13:47:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With the way Fleury is playing now, not a bad trade for pittsburgh actually.

GO PREDATORS GO
Go to Top of Page

pensfan17
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
330 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2007 :  14:16:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont know how much montreal fans would like armstrong after he creamed koivu last year, but i think it is a good trade
Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2007 :  16:06:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fly4apuckguy

I take it back. Armstrong's last game was awesome.

Armstrong's last name is awesome. The boy has some good Scottish blood in his arms!

The Oil WILL make the playoffs.
Go to Top of Page

Gostarsgo12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2007 :  19:13:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That rumour has been going on forever.

Go Stars
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2007 :  10:12:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i know this will sound insane but the habs pitts deal will happen but it wont be halak going to pitts it will be huet and ryder for jordan staal and armstrong,, plus the habs will prbaly have to through in like archer or even carle (d men in our system) and before you think you're crazy the pens wont give up staal think about he too is having a slow vwery slow year,,,, plus the pens are deep in youth,, and if they want to contend this year they need a goalie ,,, think about the goals ryder could put up with crosby at his side,,,, it would be like the thorton cheechoo connection (not now but like it was in the begining...) ryder could put up 50 goals with crosby,,,,, and huet s solid puck stopping could be the difference for the pens this year!!!!!!!

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Guest7593
( )

Posted - 12/03/2007 :  11:12:38  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7

i know this will sound insane but the habs pitts deal will happen but it wont be halak going to pitts it will be huet and ryder for jordan staal and armstrong,, plus the habs will prbaly have to through in like archer or even carle (d men in our system) and before you think you're crazy the pens wont give up staal think about he too is having a slow vwery slow year,,,, plus the pens are deep in youth,, and if they want to contend this year they need a goalie ,,, think about the goals ryder could put up with crosby at his side,,,, it would be like the thorton cheechoo connection (not now but like it was in the begining...) ryder could put up 50 goals with crosby,,,,, and huet s solid puck stopping could be the difference for the pens this year!!!!!!!

Pasty

But your wrong about Staal. They probably still wouldn't trade him if he never scored another goal this year.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2007 :  17:11:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dont be to sure they can afford to lose him plus they're turning him into a defensive forward and not the goal producer he should be,,,, and look they just released recchi to make the cap room and the room for ryder at scrosby's right!

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2007 :  08:44:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ryder to the Pens? That would be yummy. I have had Ryder sitting on my taxi on my pool team since week three of this season waiting for something to happen. He is taking up space and I thought about chopping him more than once. I have read that coach Carbo doesn't much like the guy so a trade to Pitt would be an excellent Xmas present for me for sure.
Go to Top of Page

nashvillepreds
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1053 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2007 :  10:37:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Antroman

Ryder to the Pens? That would be yummy. I have had Ryder sitting on my taxi on my pool team since week three of this season waiting for something to happen. He is taking up space and I thought about chopping him more than once. I have read that coach Carbo doesn't much like the guy so a trade to Pitt would be an excellent Xmas present for me for sure.

They can put him with Crosby. The guy is a 30 goal scorer, I don't think the habs are ready to trade him.

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2007 :  00:27:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nashvillepreds

quote:
Originally posted by Antroman

They can put him with Crosby. The guy is a 30 goal scorer, I don't think the habs are ready to trade him.

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!

they would deffinetly need big return for him,,,, i think staal is big enough though,,,

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2007 :  00:33:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Smith

I heard the other day that the Pittsburgh penguins were interested in inquiring goalie Jaroslav Halak from the montreal Canadiens. This was the trade proposal
Canadiens
G Jaroslav Halak
3rd round draft pick
Penguins
Colby Armstrong

When you heard it the other day you should have posted it...

Not going to happen, it is old news...

I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
- - Marshall McLuhan

Go to Top of Page

shinnyafterschool
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
375 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2007 :  11:21:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How about The Canadiens send Huet and 2nd round pick to the Avs for Budaj and Arnason or Svatos? I'm not saying Theodore is the better between himself and budaj, but THeodores salary is going to get dumped at the end of the season. Then on draft day, we use the second round pick we aquired as well as a first round pick and perhaps Liles and aquire a great goaltender. Huet will serve as a great backup in case this guy flops. If need so next year at the trade deadline huet can be trading for depth in the playoffs. I dunno, I think it would work.. Next year price and budaj could carry the load for the canadiens.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2007 :  20:48:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shinnyafterschool

How about The Canadiens send Huet and 2nd round pick to the Avs for Budaj and Arnason or Svatos? I'm not saying Theodore is the better between himself and budaj, but THeodores salary is going to get dumped at the end of the season. Then on draft day, we use the second round pick we aquired as well as a first round pick and perhaps Liles and aquire a great goaltender. Huet will serve as a great backup in case this guy flops. If need so next year at the trade deadline huet can be trading for depth in the playoffs. I dunno, I think it would work.. Next year price and budaj could carry the load for the canadiens.

huet is no back up and has already proved himself better then theo

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2007 :  21:51:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has this happened yet?

NO...

- - Marshall McLuhan

Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2007 :  18:21:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PuckNuts

Has this happened yet?

NO...

- - Marshall McLuhan

give it time and if you are only gonna repeat that over and over just dont read this thread anymore

Pasty
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page