Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 Poinikarovsky out 6 weeks Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2008 :  19:39:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
with ponikarovsky, the guy who always screws the leafs with his bone head plays

but he is usally good at scoring do u think with his absence the leafs will still be ok?

>>>Go Leafs Go<<<

Wings 4 Da Cup

[IMG]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h120/shahir29/justinpoggecopy.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h120/shahir29/sundin500apwm6br2.gif[/IMG]

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2008 :  19:54:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No offence, who cares?

Habs get number 25 this year
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2008 :  19:59:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't believe one leaf player gets injured and a topic is made where a back to back 50 goal scorer got injured and there is no topic. And if you guys really knew hockey you would know who the back to back 50 goal scorer who got injured is.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8815
( )

Posted - 01/24/2008 :  20:11:36  Reply with Quote
Paintrain thank you, Took the words right outta my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8815
( )

Posted - 01/24/2008 :  20:12:15  Reply with Quote
BTW I do know who that back to back 50 goal scorer.
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2008 :  14:23:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yea well im not a sens fan, andi made this topic in the leafs forum so LEAF fans could read it not to tell me it sdoesnt matter, and if it doesnt matter to u guys dont post on it

>>>Go Leafs Go<<<

Wings 4 Da Cup

[IMG]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h120/shahir29/sundin500apwm6br2.gif[/IMG]

Go to Top of Page

nashvillepreds
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1053 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2008 :  15:00:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe leafs fans haven't responded yet because, they just don't care. Regardless if you are a sens fan or not, you should pay attention to what else goes on in the NHL.

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!

Edited by - nashvillepreds on 01/25/2008 15:01:16
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2008 :  15:05:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i just make topics about whatever goes on i made this like 20 mins after poni got injured

>>>Go Leafs Go<<<

Wings 4 Da Cup

Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2008 :  21:45:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am not sure what this is all about but I can tell you straight out that Ponikarovski was cross checked into the boards from behind and is gone for six weeks with a separated shoulder. I was at the game and you could hear Poni hit the boards all over the ACC. It was illegal, it was reckless, it was deliberate and it was from behind. All this coward got for his efforts was a two minute boarding penalty. If anyone is interested his name is Eminger. This hit was every bit as brutal as the Kovochuk play which resulted in his one game suspension. The next night in Washington the same guy was playing.......Why? That night in the third period another piece of work by the name of Erskine cross checks Antropov directly from behind and knocks him head first into the boards snapping his head back when he contacts the dasher and this guy gets two minutes as well.......Why? Luckily Antropov finished the game after being checked over by the medical staff but it was a scary incident to be sure. This moron wasn't done there........at the final buzzer the same guy deliberately gives Blake the old separator and what happens? Nothing........Why? The Downie incident earlier in the season. This guy just back from a suspension sucker punches Blake in the eye while Blake is being held by an official and he gets a simple slap on the wrist from Colin Campbell..........Why? The pattern here is the fact all these infractions were against the Leafs. All these incidents were injurous and cowardly and definitely suspendable. If any of these infractions happened against one of the Pittsburg sweeties for instance, the perpetrater wouldn't see the light of day for a fortnight or something. There is a double standard for sure and I am thoroughly covinced it is The Bettman Factor at work. Lets all chant.....USA.....USA.....USA.......USA.......USA.......USA.
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2008 :  22:27:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex

No offence, who cares?

quote:
Originally posted by PainTrain
I can't believe one leaf player gets injured and a topic is made where a back to back 50 goal scorer got injured and there is no topic. And if you guys really knew hockey you would know who the back to back 50 goal scorer who got injured is.

quote:
Originally posted by Guest8815
Paintrain thank you, Took the words right outta my mouth.

quote:
Originally posted by nashvillepreds
Maybe leafs fans haven't responded yet because, they just don't care. Regardless if you are a sens fan or not, you should pay attention to what else goes on in the NHL.

It is too bad that some of the people that "think" they know it all, and have all the hockey knowledge, do not have the intelligence to look at the place where this topic is placed... "Toronto" ...

If you are not happy with the news that your team cannot generate in topics, and post, I feel really sorry for you...

Why don't one of you make a new topic in your own team's area, and as a Leaf fan I promise not to make a stupid comment as the rest of you have!!!

To stay on topic...The team has enough depth, (although not as good as many of the teams in the NHL) that he can be replace him without that much difficulty...

Champions take chances, and pressure is a privilege.
Billy Jean King to Maria Sharapova

http://www.maldesigns.ca/top50since1967.htm

sp...

Edited by - PuckNuts on 01/25/2008 22:46:39
Go to Top of Page

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2008 :  22:45:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex

No offence, who cares?

Habs get number 25 this year

The leaf fans that this was directed to, not you. Later on I'll explain what a rhetorical question is to you as well.

Even an injury to a third or fourth line player is going to have some effect on the team. Maybe it'll give one of the younger guys a chance to step up and prove himself.
Go to Top of Page

ERTW0T9
Top Prospect

Canada
73 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2008 :  09:10:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe this is a God send here. Perhaps these injuries coupled with Steen and Boyce's shoulder injuries will knock some sense into Maurice's head to dress Belak instead of having him look pretty in the press box. Take a look at the Philly game. Downie would never have sucker punched Blake if Belak was in. I can understand Maurice not dressing Belak against Washington on Wednesday, but when you have Erskine and Eminger running people the entire game and have one of your players go down to injury from a clear hit from behind, it's about time for a little emotion the next day. I guess my frustration with the Leafs this year is that for once, there is no real passion in any of the players.

Finishing this all up, there is a bright side to all of these injuries. Maybe this will finally force the Leafs to bottom out this season and play for a high draft pick, not the slim chance of a first round loss to Ottawa in the playoffs.
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2008 :  10:37:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ERTWOT9 - Good post and I concur with you. He must have a reason for not playing Belak but I am damned if I know why? I like Maurice but he seems to do some strange things at times concerning his personel. I think he cost us a few games early in the season by continually trotting out Raycroft for instance? Why after the first Washington game he would come back with both Poul and Boyce instead of Belak is anybody's guess? However, I would really like an explaination from Colin Campbell as to why that Washington behavior did not at the very least, warrant a fine or a review at least? I wonder when the Leafs play the Caps again. If are players are still injured when they do I would strongly suggest that a call up of Ben Ondrus and Newbury along with the inclusion of Belak might be in order. Lastly, maybe if the Leafs start Raycroft for a few games while our injured guys are out we could solidify our lowly position in the Stamko's Cup Sweepstakes.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page