Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 2010 Team Canada Roster Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

Thrasher
Rookie

Canada
155 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  00:35:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest5898

regeher are u kidding me, he couldn't make any tea let alone canada

So, you think Souray will be there, but Regehr doesn't have a shot?? Wow, biased Oiler fan perhaps? Sorry, but the reason a team picks defense is too keep the puck out of the net. So, looking at how both players play DEFENSE, who is better. Im not saying Souray isn't a decent offensive defensmen, but thats not what Canada needs. They need a shut down defense that can play against the most talented forwards in the league(the Russians). Souray would get destroyed, his only saving grace would be that it is played on an NHL size ice where he takes up more room, than on a wider rink which the other teams could use against him.

(Not a Calgary fan, actually more of an oiler fan, but Souray should not be on the team, or even considered in the top ten candidates.)
Go to Top of Page

Guest0688
( )

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  05:08:30  Reply with Quote
on forwards gagne or Carter instead of smyth
on defence green and weber instead of Redden and Phillips
and Price instead of Ward
Go to Top of Page

Guest0688
( )

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  05:10:05  Reply with Quote
oh and anybody who thinks broueder won't be on the team is a quack
Go to Top of Page

Guest2862
( )

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  09:53:13  Reply with Quote
mike green is the best defenseman in the NHL by far i think
Go to Top of Page

Guest7478
( )

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  10:16:36  Reply with Quote
Here is my team:

Forwards:
Iginla, Crosby, St. Louis
Marleau, Thornton, Haetley
M. Richards, Savard, Carter
LeCavalier, Getzlaf, Doan

(Staal, Nash, Spezza, Toews, Gagne, Perry, Brierre - all guys I wouldn't mind seeing either)

D-Men:
Green, Boyle
Phaneuf, Weber
Campbell, Pronger
Bouwmeester, Wideman

Goalies:
Luongo, Brodeur, (3rd doesn't matter)
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  10:34:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Forwards-
Sidney Crosby, Jarome Iginla, Rick Nash
Jeff Carter, Mike Richards, Dany Heatley
Patrick Marleau, Joe Thornton, Shane Doan
Marc Savard, Vincent Lecavalier, Ryan Getzlaf
Xtra - Joe Sakic (If available) or Eric Staal

Defence-
Dan Boyle, Mike Green
Shea Weber, Dion Phaneuf
Chris Pronger, Dennis Wideman
Bouwmeester

Goal-
Roberto Luongo
Martin Brodeur
J.S. Giguere

Coach-
Mike Babcock

Assistants-
Ken Hitchcock
Todd McLellan
Lindy Ruff

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  15:27:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Roberts85

Forwards-

Defence-
Dan Boyle, Mike Green
Shea Weber, Dion Phaneuf
Bouwmeester

Goal-
Roberto Luongo
Martin Brodeur
J.S. Giguere

Coach-
Mike Babcock

Assistants-
Ken Hitchcock
Todd McLellan
Lindy Ruff

agreed lets start putting this lineup together

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  16:15:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MattRoberts, that is one of the best teams I have seen. I woud only question one forward and a couple of the d-men.

Personally, I think St. Louis is a pure clutch player and has sickly speed and skill. I would have him in over Jeff Carter. More dimensions and more experiece overall.

Defensively, where is Niedermayer?? If he is still playing, he is a shoe in. And I would consider Redden and Campbell over Wideman and Green. More so because of experience. Neither is a step down. And, I would not know who to drop, but I think there has to be at least one pure shutdown defender. Keith or Regehr come to mind.

Not saying your d-core is weak, it just seems a little more offensively focused and that might cause issues against some of the offensively skilled countries.

Your goalies are dead on. Although Turco had a weak start, he has turned it up as late and might be on the taxi squad.

Coaches, not a single complaint here. You hit it dead.

Beans likes
Go to Top of Page

Guest9350
( )

Posted - 02/14/2009 :  11:53:31  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Roberts85

Forwards-

Defence-
Dan Boyle, Mike Green
Shea Weber, Dion Phaneuf
Bouwmeester

Goal-
Roberto Luongo
Martin Brodeur
J.S. Giguere

Coach-
Mike Babcock

Assistants-
Ken Hitchcock
Todd McLellan
Lindy Ruff

I have a feeling Gagne might make it over a guy like Marleau. As well i like Marc Savard is a Center that can only be a center i dont see him playing wing on this team. As well i think Eric Staal will deffinately be on this team because of his size and forecheck.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4735
( )

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  12:20:41  Reply with Quote
Luongo
Turco (Turco has seen to regained his form)
Brodeur( depending on his injury recovery)
If not, I’d go with Mason, but it doesn’t matter, cause he will not get a shot at a game, so the third goaltender to me doesn’t matter.
Phaneuf- Weber
Boyle-Green
Keith-Neidemeyer
Regehr- Pronger
Bouwmeester-Campbell all pretty interchangeable, I know that’s more than 7, but those are all pretty good

Nash- Getzlaf- Heatley magic from the worlds
Lecavalier- Crosby- Iginla – pretty good defensive line at the same time.
Doan- Thornton- Marleau – All West scoring power line, that from my recollection can play both ways
St, Louis-M. Richards- Gagne (another good defensively responsible line that can score)
Staal, Savard, B.Richards. and Carter I really think Savard should have a shot at this time, but I am having trouble finding where he should fit into the line up.

Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  14:46:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In today's Edmonton Sun there was a team posted. The writers from Sun Media across the country each put in a team. There were 12 writers in total. Here is their combined list, the reasons, the number of voting points, and time the player was listed(out of the 12 individual lists).

Forwards:

1) Sidney Crosby - A lead-pipe cinch. A supreme talent who now has Stanley Cup Experience - 142 voting points, Listed on 12 of 12.

2) Joe Thornton - Not exactly proven in the clutch, but you can't ignore this season's numbers - 116 voting points, Listed on 12 of 12.

3) Jarome Iginla - Can beat you any way you want to play the game. 116 voting points, Listed on 12 of 12.

4) Vincent Lecavalier - Another fine mix of speed, skill, and willingness to get his hands dirty. 90 Voting Points, Listed on 11 of 12.

5) Rick Nash - Give him world-class linemates and he's as good an anyone in the game. 77 voting points, Listed on 11 of 12.

6) Ryan Getzlaf - Big, strong, great hands, and has World Junior and Stanley Cup experience. An automatic. 71 voting points, 0 FPV, Listed on 11 of 12.

7) Jeff Carter - With set up men like Crosby and Thornton, a one-shot scorer like Carter will have a field day. 54 voting points, Listed on 12 of 12.

8) Mike Richards - A good two-way player, the kind Yzerman covets, who brings some sandpaper to his line. Voting points 48, LIsted on 11 of 12.

9) Dany Heatley - Great goal scorer, but the coach in Ottawa makes us nervous. 44 voting points, Listed on 8 of 12.

10) Shane Doan - A heart and soul guy who is crusing along at nearly a point a game. 43 Voting Points, Listed on 10 of 12.

11) Patrick Marleau - Great player and all, but, um, isn't this team getting a little deep at centre?? 31 voting points, Listed on 7 of 12.

12) Marc Savard - One of NHL's most talented and underrated players today. 23 voting spoints, listed on 4 of 12.

13) Simon Gagne - Olympic vest is plus-19 and has 48 points in 50 games. 18 voting points, Listed on 4 of 12.

Late Cuts for Forwards: Jon Toews, Martin St. Louis, Eric Staal, Ryan Smyth, Jason Spezza, Milan Lucic, Correy Perry, Todd Bertuzzi, and Brenden Morrow

Defence:

1) Dion Phaneuf - Great offense, concerns about his own end. 41 Voting points, Listed on 11 of 12.

2) Chris Pronger - Brings poise and size. Has to be healthy and must stay disciplined(at least in medal round). 38 Voting points, Listed on 10 of 12.

3) Jay Bouwmeester - Let's see how good this guy can be when surrounded with elite players. 36 voting points, Listed on 10 of 12.

4) Dan Boyle - It's no coincidence that San Jose took it to the next level after he arrived. 35 Voting points, Listed on 11 of 12

5) Shea Weber - Great Shot. Good mobility. Solid in his own end. A pretty complete package. 34 Voting Points, Listed on 10 of 12

6) Scott Neidermayer - A proven winner with enormous experience. And he can skate with anybody. 24 voting points, Listed 5 of 12.

7) Mike Green - Point a game last year in the playoffs. Even better this season. 19 Voting Points, Listed on 7 of 12.

Late Cuts for Defensemen - Brian Campbell, Robyn Regehr, Brent Burns, and Sheldon Souray.

Goalies

1) Roberto Luongo - Very limited playoff experience, and he's coming off an injury, but he is still a force. 35 Voting Points, Listed on 12 of 12.

2) Marin Brodeur - Best money-goaline in the game today but he will have to prove he's recovered from his injury. 19 Voting Points, Listed on 10 of 12 teams.

3) Carey Price - Hanging by a thread. 19 voting points, Listed on 5 of 12.

Late Cuts for Goalies - Steve Mason, Cam Ward, Marty Turco.
Go to Top of Page

lyall
PickupHockey Pro

360 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2009 :  00:58:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So I haven't been following this thread too closely, so forgive me if this has been brought up. I see its been talked about a little but not much.
What about Sheldon Souray?
Right now he sits (among defenseman) 3rd with 14 goals, 10th with 34 points & 3rd with 8 power play goals. He only stat that is bad is a minus 5(he seems to be a minus his whole career.). But if you look at the other major names being thrown around in this thread, thats not terrible:
Pronger -4
Burns -8
Neidermayer -8
Phaneuf -10
Redden -10
Jovanovski -11
So Souray is a very big man with the hardest shot of all Canadian defenseman, I know team Canada needs more than offensive D-men, but Souray isn't a liability in his own zone. He isn't perfect & he's definitely not the best. But Remember when he started his career in NJ he was a stay at home D-man. And unlike other of the high scoring D-men, who may go end to end, wonder or get lots of goals close to the net, Souray gets the majority of his goals from the point. In my eyes, that makes him less of a liability. So why do people like Pronger, Paneuf, Redden, Jovanovski or Burns make the team instead of him? Hes seems like a great fit to me; a big man at 6' 4'', a killer shot at 106.7 mph, good stats, hold the NHL record for most PP goals my D-man in a season. He isn't the best in his zone, so he automatically doesn't make the team? He can go 1 on 1 with anyone better than Mike Green.
I don't know, what do you guys think?
My picks for Defenseman are:
Green Boyle
Bouwmeester Campbell
Regehr Souray

"I Was So Happy I Gave Kerry Fraser A Hug" -Bill Guerin

Edited by - lyall on 02/16/2009 10:04:25
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2009 :  10:16:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

1) Dion Phaneuf - Great offense, concerns about his own end. 41 Voting points, Listed on 11 of 12.

2) Chris Pronger - Brings poise and size. Has to be healthy and must stay disciplined(at least in medal round). 38 Voting points, Listed on 10 of 12.

3) Jay Bouwmeester - Let's see how good this guy can be when surrounded with elite players. 36 voting points, Listed on 10 of 12.

4) Dan Boyle - It's no coincidence that San Jose took it to the next level after he arrived. 35 Voting points, Listed on 11 of 12

5) Shea Weber - Great Shot. Good mobility. Solid in his own end. A pretty complete package. 34 Voting Points, Listed on 10 of 12

6) Scott Neidermayer - A proven winner with enormous experience. And he can skate with anybody. 24 voting points, Listed 5 of 12.

7) Mike Green - Point a game last year in the playoffs. Even better this season. 19 Voting Points, Listed on 7 of 12.

Late Cuts for Defensemen - Brian Campbell, Robyn Regehr, Brent Burns, and Sheldon Souray.

Great read, thanks for posting! The only choice I would really disagree with on that list is Phaneuf. I just do not understand how he made it as the number one defense.

His upside his offense, which is great on a regular team. But this team is going to be stacked with offense! The defense don't need to be big contributors on offense like in the NHL. Their number one priority is defense, and frankly, Phaneuf isn't that great in his own end.

Whatever offense they need from the back end, though I believe that the defensemen should be by-and-large defensive defensemen for the Olympics, will come out of the puck moving guys like Boyle.

And just a question: is hitting allowed in the Olympics? Last time I watched one was almost four years ago.

''Yes we can!'' -Obama
Go to Top of Page

Guest8571
( )

Posted - 02/16/2009 :  19:19:54  Reply with Quote
souray is not needed as weber already shoots harder and the team includes players for roles such as physicality where shane doan and phanuef fit in better canada is at home and wants to intimidate the visitors and no one can get fans into a game more than an early big hit by someone like phaneuf who can easily change the tide of a game, also phanuef brings good offense even tho hes having an off year
Go to Top of Page

Guest8456
( )

Posted - 02/16/2009 :  22:46:06  Reply with Quote
Forwards:
Iginla
Carter
Crosby
Thornton
Lecavalier
Heatley
Getzlaf
Savard
Nash
Staal
Cammalleri
Doan*
M. Richards*
Gagne*

Regehr
Burns
Greene
Bouwmeester
Boyle
Webber
Campbell*
Neidermayer*

Luongo*
Mason*
Brodeur*
Giguere
Go to Top of Page

Bozonator
Top Prospect

57 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2009 :  23:28:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=267419&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_olympics

McGuire just released his team. All around alright. As usual a few exceptions. Take a look and see what you think.

Personally I agree fully with the two lines of lecavalier-crosby-iginla and heatley-getzlaf- nash. Pretty self-explanatory. As for the third line to only one i'm iffy on is carter, but I don't disagree with the pick, I just think the pick is made from this one season. We need to see if he keeps it up in playoffs and next year. The fourth line would be Morrow, he is a great player, and should be there. It all depends on his next season.

Defence- I love the Weber- Phaneuf line, brings memories of the Jrs, saying that they need to step it up and also do it at the Olympics. Niedermayer depends on if he wants to play. Burns here is the only one I could disagree with, great Dman, but a Regher or a Keith, huge stay at home Dmen could be used. I like those picks though.

Goalie- Everyone complains about Price, but he is still solid. Bad slump. Either way the third goalie doesn't matter. Closest the third goalie gets to playing is the bench.

As for Guest 8456, I hope the asterisks do not mean those are the extras. Because I do not believe Giguere will be #1 over Brodeur and Luongo. He hasn't done enough in my mind to merit the nod.

Edited by - Bozonator on 02/17/2009 01:07:13
Go to Top of Page

lyall
PickupHockey Pro

360 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2009 :  10:03:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8571

souray is not needed as weber already shoots harder and the team includes players for roles such as physicality where shane doan and phanuef fit in better canada is at home and wants to intimidate the visitors and no one can get fans into a game more than an early big hit by someone like phaneuf who can easily change the tide of a game, also phanuef brings good offense even tho hes having an off year

First, Sheldon Souray has a harder shot than Weber. Weber beat him at the ASG but Souray recorded 106.7 mph at the Oilers Skills Competition.
Second, I understand the physicality part & the would make Weber a good fit. But right now, thats all Phaneuf is doing well. With only 7 goals, and a - 10.
Third, At 6'4'' 244lbs, Is that not intimidating? He has an inch and 30lbs on Dion. Have you ever seen Souray fight? It's usually over pretty quick, with one good punch from Souray. I don't think there is fighting at the Olympics, But most Olympic hockey players are NHLers and they know how tough he is.

Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2009 :  10:25:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Lyall, I like Souray as much as the next guy, but when it comes to the Canadian Defence, Souray is a stretch. Weber and Phaneuf both bring more mobility to the table that Souray does and can be as effective on the PP.

Not saying it won't happen, but I would suggest the best Souray will be is a member of the taxi sqaud. Ready to go in case Phaneuf or Weber are injured.

Go to Top of Page

Guest6616
( )

Posted - 02/17/2009 :  14:48:40  Reply with Quote
yo what's with the d men Campbell phillips jovo and redden instead of Souray Weber Green Boyle and Staal that's lamest roster i've seen yet
Go to Top of Page

lyall
PickupHockey Pro

360 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2009 :  22:48:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, don't get me wrong. I honestly don't think Souray will make the team .I just think (as 6616 said) it's crazy that people are picking people like Pronger, Redden Jovo, ect., over Souray. It seems like people just forgot about him I think he will be a late cut & if he takes him game up a notch or 2 he may have a slim shot. But if Phanuef keeps playing the way he is, he mau not make it. He has to pick it up a bit.

Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  07:26:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would take both Pronger and Redden over Souray just about any day of the week. Both are special players that bring something different to the table. Redden is like a poor man's Niedermayer. Very smooth skating, very smart, can play in any situations. Pronger is the protypical big defensemen. Bigger than Souray, as effective offensively, and better defensively.

Jovo I have never been a fan of, but they guy is still a player.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9651
( )

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  09:12:48  Reply with Quote
2010 team
forward Crosby Lecavalier Iginla
Nash Getzlaf Heatley
Gagne Thornton Marleau
Morrow M. Richards Doan
Carter

defence Pronger Neidermayer
Weber Phaneuf
Bouwmeester Green
Boyle

goal Luongo
Brodeur
Turco

taxi Campbell D
Savard C
St. Louis W

last cuts F Cammalleri
Smyth
B.Richards
Toews
Staal
Spezza
Stastny

D Regehr
Keith
Souray
Jovanovski
Burns
Coburn
Wideman

G Price
Giguere
Go to Top of Page

Guest4744
( )

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  09:31:27  Reply with Quote
Seriously no Mike Green? thats weak
Go to Top of Page

lyall
PickupHockey Pro

360 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  10:20:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Pronger may have a couple inches on Souray, Souray has about 30 lbs on him.
And as of late Souray is better offensively(last season Souray had his worst year but wasn't much worse than Pronger in points per game) The Closest Pronger has got to Sourays Season high 64 points(3 years ago) was 62 way back in the 99-00 season. Pronger has never reach the 15 goal mark, while Souray has been there 3 times(including this year). Although in career stats Pronger has a better average PPG.
And defensively, Pronger only has one more hit than Souray. Souray has one mopre Tka than Pronger. Pronger does have more blocked shots and less give aways. Pronger has more PiM and He plays very dirty when he starts to lose.
And smooth skating is all Redden has on Souray, Poor offensive numbers and a -10 don't look to good.
I would choose Souray over Redden any day. & Pronger and Souray match up pretty evenly. Pronger does have an edge in career stats & in his own zone, But Souray is better offensively right now.

Go to Top of Page

Guest4271
( )

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  11:30:24  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty sure Bowmeester is a sure thing, he can skate, handle the puck and he's good defensively. I don't thing Pronger will be there, Keith has more upside to him and is more deciplined......... wiil give total roster soon
Go to Top of Page

goleafsgosjnb
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2009 :  15:10:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pronger always scares me when he's on the ice, he's so undisciplined. He took 2 bad penalties 4 years ago against Russia that I felt cost them.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9544
( )

Posted - 02/21/2009 :  13:52:23  Reply with Quote
Forwards

Matt Cooke, Sidney Crosby, Pascal Dupuis
Jordan Staal, Tyler Kennedy, Maxime Talbot
Michael Zigomanis, Dustin Jeffrey, Chris Minard
Eric Godard, Paul Bissonnette, Luca Caputi

Defenders

Kris Letang, Philippe Boucher
Chris Pronger, Rob Blake
Scott Niedermayer, Chris Phillips

Goalies

Marc-Andre Fleury
Robert Luongo
Marty Brodeur
Go to Top of Page

goleafsgosjnb
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2009 :  18:17:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the penguins? seriously? i hope no penguin gets picked now because of you. not even crosby. they are brutal. fool/
Go to Top of Page

hkalirah
PickupHockey Pro

382 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2009 :  18:32:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hkalirah

Lets fast forward, it’s now 2010, and you’re Wayne Gretzky. Who do you put on Team Canada?

Here’s my picks.

Forwards

Crosby, Iginla, Lecavalier, Spezza, Heatley, Thornton, Getzlaf, St. Louis, Savard, Staal, Nash, Smyth

Defence

Pronger, Phaneuf, Phillips, Campbell, Redden, Jovanovski

Goalies

Luongo, Brodeur, Ward

I’ve left guys like Niedermayer, Brindamour, and Shanahan off the list because I’m not sure if they will have retired by then.

Go Wings Go!

I figure I should update my pics for the 2008/2009 season, as some other players have stepped it up, and others have fallen off.

Forwards

Crosby, Iginla, Lecavalier, Spezza, Heatley, Thornton, Getzlaf, St. Louis, Savard, Staal, Nash, Toews

Defence

Pronger, Phaneuf, Phillips, Campbell, Green, Weber

Goalies

Luongo, Brodeur, Mason (Steve, not Chris)

Go Wings Go!

Edited by - hkalirah on 02/22/2009 18:35:58
Go to Top of Page

goleafsgosjnb
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2009 :  08:34:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No Richards?? He's a lock over Spezza. Offensively they are about the same. Who would you rather have on the PK? Captain Turn-overs or the man who leads the league in short-handed and 5-3 goals?

Richards is gold! The rest of your picks are debateable but definitely respectable.

Go to Top of Page

hkalirah
PickupHockey Pro

382 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2009 :  10:32:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by goleafsgosjnb

No Richards?? He's a lock over Spezza. Offensively they are about the same. Who would you rather have on the PK? Captain Turn-overs or the man who leads the league in short-handed and 5-3 goals?

Richards is gold! The rest of your picks are debateable but definitely respectable.

You're right, I probably should have included Richards and maybe even Carter if he keeps up this pace.

I don't know about leaving Spezza off, he's got definate chemistry with Heatley.

Go Wings Go!
Go to Top of Page

j19armstrong
Top Prospect

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2009 :  08:08:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FORWARDS:

Crosby Lecavalier Iginla
Nash Getzlaf Heatley
Staal Thornton Carter
St. Louis Toews Doan

EXTRAS:
Brad Richards
Mike Richards
Marc Savard

DEFENCE:
Pronger Niedermayer
Blake Boyle
Redden Campbell
Green Phaneuf

GOALIES:
Luongo
Price
Brodeur

JOHNNY
Go to Top of Page

Guest8571
( )

Posted - 03/07/2009 :  21:26:33  Reply with Quote
LW-C-RW
LD-RD
G

crosby lecalvalier iginla
nash thorton heatley
j.carter savard getzlaf
morrow m.richards doan
gagne

phaneuf bowmeester
green pronger
nydermeyer weber
boyle

brodeur
lungo
price or mason
Go to Top of Page

Chriso88
Top Prospect

10 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2009 :  09:47:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No way should tavares be on team Canada in 2010. He is such an over rated player that has proven nothing at the NHL level. Everyone thought Stamkos was going to be a huge super star this year and he has been up and down with the minors all year and has shown us nothing special. Suggestions for defence and goaltending for our upcoming olympic team should include Mike Greene - Wsh, Shea Weber - Nsh, Scott Niedermayer - Ana, Rob Blake - SJ, Dan Boyle - SJ. Steve Mason should be highly considered as a goaltender for 2010. He has proven that he can excel at the NHL level in his rookie season and he is only going to get better. Other goaltenders to be considered are Marc-Andre Fleury - Pit, and Marty Turco - Dal.

In the playoffs, will beats skill.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8808
( )

Posted - 03/10/2009 :  15:05:08  Reply with Quote
Team Candada Roster 2010

First Line
Vinny- crosby - Iginla
second line
nash-getzlaf-heatley did you see this line at the world cup unbelievable
third line
savard- mike richards -st. louis
fourth line
j.carter- doan -stall

defense
phaneuf
weber
boyle
Mike Green
d.keith
bowmeester

goalies
marty he will not be retired
luongo
mason

Go to Top of Page

Guest8808
( )

Posted - 03/10/2009 :  15:06:18  Reply with Quote
for d men blacke and burns are considerations
Go to Top of Page

Guest7352
( )

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  11:45:11  Reply with Quote
Here's how Team Canada is going to shape up, you have the locks for guys guaranteed to be there if healthy, the guys who have good chance to be there barring injury and the long shots.

FORWARD LOCKS
CROSBY
LECAVALIER
THORNTON
HEATLEY
NASH
GETZLAF
IGINLA
SAKIC (definitely a lock if healthy and still playing with Yzerman picking)

GOOD POSSIBILITY
DOAN
ST. LOUIS
M.RICHARDS
CARTER
MARLEAU
STAAL
GAGNE
SAVARD
SPEZZA
TOEWS
MORROW
BOYES

LONG SHOTS
Most noticeably anyone not on the other lists but just some names
STAMKOS
TAVARES
RIBEIRO
KARIYA
SHANAHAN
PERRY
SHARP
B.RICHARDS
HORTON
J.STAAL

Now if you look at the locks and players that have the credentials to make this team without much complaint unless your fav player is the one shafted than you'll see 20 forwards which is well over the roster size. So as much s everyone of the players in the first 2 categories deserve to be there theres gunna be 7 or more not on that team, and fans will say how did this guy not make the team but theres only so many roster spots that deserving guys will be left out.

For the D
DEFENSE LOCKS
PRONGER
NIEDERMAYER
PHANEUF
GREEN
BOYLE

GOOD POSSIBILITY
KEITH
BOUWMEESTER
CAMPBELL
REGEHR
WEBER

LONG SHOTS
BURNS
WIDEMAN
SEABROOK
SOURAY
MCCABE
DOUGHTY
SCHENN
PHILLIPS
JOVANOVSKI
BLAKE
BREWER

Fact is on Defense that the 5 Locks are better than everyone else. They either are well experienced and buddies or Yzerman or guys like Green and Phaneuf who are the top young D in the game.

GOALTENDING LOCKS
BRODEUR
LUONGO

GOOD POSSIBILITY
GIGUERE
WARD
TURCO
MASON
PRICE
FLEURY

No point putting long shots because those would be the only goalies that have a shot considering one spot available.

I believe Brodeur should and will be the starter. He's got the experience in big games, is playing as good as any goalie in the world an knows all about these tournaments. Now if he ever did look shaky I wouldnt hesitate throwing Luongo in. It's a nice problem for sure.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6479
( )

Posted - 04/04/2009 :  21:47:47  Reply with Quote
Igilna, crosby, lecalvier, nash, getzlaf, savard, carter, richards, toews, heatly, thornton, spezza. spares- ( tavarez, doan, briere)

Pronger, neidermayer, phaneuf, green, boyle, campbell. spares( Weber, souray)

Brodeur( #1 until proved he dont deserve it which wont happen)
Luongo
Price
Go to Top of Page

Guest6683
( )

Posted - 04/05/2009 :  05:35:43  Reply with Quote
I assume Heatley Getzlaf and nash will be put together again because of their preformance at the world Championship
Go to Top of Page

Guest5898
( )

Posted - 04/05/2009 :  17:45:59  Reply with Quote
wow use some good defenseman like green boyle phaneuf campbell, not redden and phillips
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page