Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 2010 Team Canada Roster Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2008 :  00:20:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Oh, we seem to have some interesting opinions. Let's discuss.

I will bet my first born that Heatley will be there. Firstly, because he is still one of the top 5 goal scorers in the league. Secondly, because he can't play for Germany anymore (he's already played in international competitions as a Canadian). I would venture to say the same about Lecavalier.

Also, what does a players natural position have to do with anything??? Even in day to day NHL games there are many teams that will play 2 natural centre's on the same line. Both in PP, PK, and EV situations. You might want to take a look at the last 2 Olympic Teams. Canada carried more than 4 centres on both teams.

As for your team, I would also bet my first born that what you created your team by going to NHL.com and searched the stats for the highest scoring players from each position. That's why you missed Heatley. That's also why you put Whitney on the team over the likes of Andrew Brunette or Brendan Morrow. Both would be excellent 3rd or 4th line players on this team. You also have Shane Doan playing on his off wing and Moreau is a centre. Setogouchi??? Might make the team, but over some others you missed is a stretch.

As far as your defense, you put on Blake who might still be a solid player and Luke Shenn but you missed the likes of Dion Phaneuf, Wade Redder, Scott Neidermayer, Duncan Keith, Mike Green, Dennis Wideman and Jay Bouwmeester??? All of the d-men I mentioned would be most GM's choices over Shenn for certain and more than likely Blake as well. Souray is a stretch even though I would like to see him there too. You might also want to consider that the team will need a couple of shut down defensemen, the likes of Robyn Regehr.

And on your final point, might want to make sure you have all the players on your squad in their natural positions before you make challenges to others. And once you do that, I would love to build a team to stack against it.

dude Patrick Marleau (not Ethan Moreau) plays both Left Wing and Center. I have all my positions right. And Shane Doan plays both LW and RW. For your information Dany Heatley would be up there for Points I just feel there is other choices. Ray Whiney is better than Andrew Brunette and Brenden Morrow. Brenden Morrow is also injury Prone. Setoguchi should make the team without a problem. I didn't add Scott Niedermayer because he might retire although I'd love to see him play for Team Canada again. Dion Phaneuf is ok but he dont excite me for an Olympic team. Wade Redden not a chance. Schenn is better. Duncan Keith is a good young D-Man but I don't see it. Dennis Wideman I'll give it to you he's having a good season but by 2010 he's still not going to be good enough. Jay Bouwmeester might have to fight Shea Weber and Mike Green for a spot if Rob Blake doesn't play.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4242
( )

Posted - 12/31/2008 :  02:06:12  Reply with Quote
Preference given to proven two-way players. (Carter, Marleau, Morrow, etc.) Tournament will not be an all-star game fest, teams like Finland and USA could kill us with their grinding and hard checking style if we ice a team with a bunch of Spezza's on it.

1. Iggy *C* Crosby Gagne
2. Heatley Getzlaf Nash
3. Doaner *A* Richards Morrow
4. Marleau Thornton Carter
Lecavalier Savard

1. Weber Pronger *A*
2. Phaneuf Green
3. Boyle Bouwmeester
Campbell

Luongo
Brodeur
Giguere

If Jeff Carter wins the rocket richard this year, and next year leading into the olympics maintains a top 5 goal scoring standing I think you have to have him on your team.

Also, I think the performances in the 2009 Stanley Cup playoffs will dictate a lot of placements. Specifically Marleau, Thornton, Carter, E.Staal, Burns, Boyle, Green, Brindamour?? etc. So it's still pretty hard to predict at this point.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2185
( )

Posted - 12/31/2008 :  09:49:52  Reply with Quote
I think it would be silly to overlook Setoguchi .....To bad this is year 2 ... and he was overlooked for ROTY last

In 02 Brewer was just a young pup and proved himeself well in that tournament
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2008 :  10:45:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Here would be my team for 2010, based off today and what I think will happen over the next couple of years.

First Line

Rick Nash - Sidney Crosby - Jarome Iginla

-Nash and Iginla bring great size, speed, and both are pure scorers. Crosby will draw a lot of attention and create space for the others. This line will be stupid dangerous. All are responsible defensively as well. In 2 years time, the only line in the world that could touch this one offensively would be Ovechkin, Malkin, and Kovalchuk.

Second Line

Simon Gagne - Joe Thornton - Danny Heatley

-This line is also dangerous and pretty solid. Great puck contol. Solid scoring, this line can really do it all.

Third Line

Eric Staal - Vincent Lecavalier - Martin St. Louis

With the size, of Staal and Lecavalier, and speed of St. Louis, I see this line being able to shut down anyone in the world. Remember, they are playing on NHL Ice. These are also guys known as team guys. They will take the role as 3rd line shut down guys and do well. But, they are also pretty dangerous offensively.

Fourth Line

Ryan Smyth - Mike Richards - Ryan Getzlef

All three guys can play with anyone, all three play angry, edgy hockey, and all (I think) would love to play in the tourney. Throw these three over the boards for instant energy, offense, or defense. And like him or hate him, Ryan Smyth has the best hands in the world in front of the net on the PP. No one is better and I don't care what anyone says.

Spare Forwards

Daniel Briere, Marc Savard, and Shane Doan

I think these three guys are pretty interchangeable with most of the lines. Someone gets hurt or is playing really poorly, one of these guys could step in really easily.

Defense

Chris Pronger
Dion Phaneuf
Chris Phillips
Brent Burns
Dan Boyle
Jay Bouwmeester

-I'm sure some people would question some of those. Basically, all are very solid two way defensemen and very versitile in all situations. Most of you will question Brent Burns. Mark my words, in the next 2-3 years, he will be a top 5 defensemen in the league.

Defense Spares

Paul Ranger
Ed Jovonovski
Shea Weber

Very interchangeable.

Goalies

Roberto Luongo
Doesn't Matter
Doesn't Matter

Ok, seriously I would say the other two would be J.S. Giguere and Pascal Leclaire, but it doesn't matter. Luongo will play every minute of every game. If Brodeur has not retired by that point, he will be on the team, but I would doubt as the starter. If Marc Andre Fluery can find any kind of form, he might make it too.

Say all you want about the Toews and Tavaras' of the world, they are not better than anyone on this team. I feel this would be the best team that Canada could put on the ice in 2 years times.

Go ahead, beat the crap out of it.

Mr. Hanley6, this is the team that I posted back in February. The only changes I would make to this line up is that I would fine a place for Marleau and I would put Redden in Jovonovksi's spot. Other than that, here is the team that would be the best in my opinion. They are not all scorers and there are some solid shut down defensemen. I still think this is the best team that Canada could put on the ice.

Edited by - Beans15 on 12/31/2008 10:47:44
Go to Top of Page

Hustler90
Top Prospect

Canada
53 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2008 :  13:43:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice beans, but where is Curtis Joseph? hahaha
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2008 :  18:20:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hustler90

Very nice beans, but where is Curtis Joseph? hahaha

yeah you're cool buddy... I didn't add Cujo to team Canada. I just think he's the best goalie on Toronto's Roster and he should get alot more starts if Toronto wants to make the playoffs. They are close only 3 points away but if they keep playing Toskala they wont make it due too too many weak goals against. Cujo is a solid goalie and he don't leave as many big rebounds
Go to Top of Page

Guest6258
( )

Posted - 12/31/2008 :  19:06:24  Reply with Quote
If Price is not at least in the selection camp than Gretzky a retard
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2009 :  15:03:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6258

If Price is not at least in the selection camp than Gretzky a retard

it's not Gretzky that is coaching team Canada. It's Stevie Yzerman. where would you put Price? There are a bunch of better Canadian goalies than Price like Roberto Luongo, Martin Brodeur, Steve Mason, Jean-Sebastien Giguere
Go to Top of Page

hmac20
Top Prospect

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2009 :  18:43:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
k line up for 2010

Forwards- heatley, Savard, Iginla
spezza, Crosby, Getzlaf
Gagne, M.Richards, Jeff Carter
Setuguchi, Thornton, Marleau

Defence - Boyle, Pronger
Blake, Foote
Weber, Phaneuf

Goalies- Loungo
S. Mason
Brodeur

henry mackie
Go to Top of Page

Guest9585
( )

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  09:53:35  Reply with Quote
Too many old timers on those lists...Team Canada needs guys that can do all roles, not just specific role players.
- for the full 23 man roster:

Forwards:
Crosby, Iginla, Nash, Heatley, Thornton, Savard, Getzlaf, Lecavalier, E.Staal, Perry & Spezza

Defense:
Pronger, Phaneuf, Green, Campbell, Weber, Bouwmeester & Boyle

Goal:
Luongo, Brodeur* & Price

*Brodeur will still be top in a year when he's healthy and he'l provide the experience for Price to learn...Luongo get's the reins.
Go to Top of Page

HabsFan46
Top Prospect

Canada
8 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  10:20:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Forward 1) Simon Gagne - Sidney Crosby - Jarome Iginla
Forward 2) Rick Nash - Joe Thornton - Devin Setoguchi
Forward 3) Dany Heatley - Jason Spezza - Kris Versteeg
Forward 4) Shane Doan - Vincent Lecavalier - Martin St. Louis

Extra Forwards) Marc Savard - Jeff Carter - Daniel Briere

Defense 1) Mike Green - Dion Phaneuf
Defense 2) Brian Campbell - Shea Weber
Defense 3) Chris Pronger - Dan Boyle

Extra Defense) Jay Boumeester - Mike Commodore - Drew Doughty

Goalie 1) Roberto Luongo
Goalie 2) Carey Price

Extra Goalie) Cam Ward

Go to Top of Page

Hustler90
Top Prospect

Canada
53 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  12:13:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man I can't beleive you would put Savard as an extra when you have players like Setoguchi and Versteeg ahead of him. Savard is so good man he's an amazing play-maker and is one of the smartest players with the best vision. The guy always seems to make the right play. That is a good team, but Savard has to be on the team not as a filler.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2828
( )

Posted - 01/03/2009 :  19:58:34  Reply with Quote
i am a fan of young players. at the last olympics you can tell that we made a mistake taking a lot of older players. my lines are

fowards

1) Rick Nash - Sidney Crosby - Jerome Iginla

great line should be a high scoring high intensity line which will have a great touch for scoring and will be big.

2) Simon Gagne - Jeff Carter - Shane Doan

This is a big line with great scoring ability. Simon and Jeff both have good chemistry and this line will be one that can score big goals when it counts the most.

3) Patrick Sharp - Marc Savard - Corey Perry

I matched marc up with to bigger players to match up for him being a smaller player. Savard is a great passer and doan and sharp both have a talent for putting it in the net.

4) Rick Nash - Vincent Lecavalier - Martain St. Louis

This line has great chemistry with Vinny and Martain and with such a talented player who already played for canada like Nash i think that this line could switch to third
and second very easy.

AP) Mike Richards - Jonathon Toews - Brad Boyes

These three players are amazing players with great talent and could easily be switched with players on there.

Defense

1) Dion Phenuff - Shea Webber

Both of these players are high intensity players who can make a big differance together.

2) Dennis Wideman - Sheldon Souray

Dennis is a good player who is used to playing with a big defenseman with a big shot. Sheldon is a great defenseman and should have a spot on this team.

3) Brian Campbell - Mike Green

Brian is a great passer and a excelent defenceman. Mike is a young player with a scoring touch. these to can be a great paring.

4) Dan Boyle - Chris Pronger

My older but certainly not talented line. Both players are big and deadly. These players can cause alot of problems.

goalies

1) Roberto Luongo
2) Carey Price
3) Cam Ward

I would Roberto is the best goalie at the moment and carey price is an amazing goalie who is has played amazing for canada before. Cam is a player who will eventually be one of Canada's top goalies as well.

There is my Line-ups for Canada. Some People may not support my lines but i personally would love to see them in action

Go to Top of Page

Guest0426
( )

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  19:39:40  Reply with Quote
All i can say is we need a fast, powerful, smart, young team to win us whats rightfully ours!! Here is how the team will go!!

Forwards
Crosby, Iginla, Thornton, Savard, Richards, Carter, Toews, Heatly, Nash, Gagne, Lecavalier, Getzlaf, Doan and my sleeper picks are Milan Lucic, Setoguchi, Boyes, sharp and Sakic (if he doesnt retire)

Defense
Webber, Phaneuf, Green, Cambpell, Boyle, Pronger, Keith

Goalies
Broduer, luongo, Giguere or Fleury or Ward
(Sorry to all of you Price fans out there, hes to young, no big game experiance! Team canada doesnt care about the 2014 games becasue the new CBA wont let NHLers play in the olympics in future games! They would rather have a goalie that has played in big game situations.
They dont want a young goalie in the press box just watching games!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4676
( )

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  17:52:54  Reply with Quote
2 very important points:

1. If you're going to use stats you have to put a particular emphasis on goals, as the center position will almost always have inflated point totals in comparison to wingers as they usually get a touch on the puck for most goals equating to more assists.

2. Expanding on point one, you can't pick 12 centers to star for team Canada, and the centers that you do pick to play the wing must be fast and capable to play the position especially on the international ice.

Forwards:
Doan Crosby Iginla
Nash Getzlaf Heatley
Gagne MikeRichards Carter
Savard Lecavalier St. Louis

Alternate Forwards: Eric Staal, Marleau, Thornton

Defence:
Phaneuf Green
Weber Pronger
Boyle Campbell

Alternate D: Wideman, Bouwmeester

Goalies:
Luongo
Brodeur
Price

Go to Top of Page

Guest8116
( )

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  11:23:34  Reply with Quote
You all have managed to miss Sheldon Sourey who is 4th in the league for defensmen in points
Go to Top of Page

Guest9278
( )

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  13:02:19  Reply with Quote
Im sry but price has to be thr....
its nonsense if he does not give him experience he is the future netminder
Go to Top of Page

Guest9278
( )

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  13:08:23  Reply with Quote
And for souray.... He is a not reliable i his own end.... how many time has jason spezza school him when he was in montreal.... i cant even count.... he has a shot... but sucks at his own end
Go to Top of Page

Guest8052
( )

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  14:54:21  Reply with Quote
I completly agree with 8116 sourey is shoe in providing he plays the same next year as he is now, he is ranked 6 in the league for defensemen on a medocre team, the defensmen should be campbell, pronger, sourey, boyle, green, phaneuf, but they will prob be looking for some youth as well which mean doughty, schen, or even pk suban may be in the running as a seventh
Go to Top of Page

Guest0602
( )

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  15:22:37  Reply with Quote
forwards
Crosby Iginla gagne
heatley spezza getzlaf
stall thornton nash
st. louis lecavaler savard

reserves
toews smyth

defence
pronger phaneuf
campbell souray
weber phillips

reserves
jovo redden staal

goalies

brodeur luongo price

the goalies and d i'm pretty sure about
Go to Top of Page

HockeyFan12
Top Prospect

15 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  15:30:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
phillips will never make it. mark my word. Mike Green 100%
Go to Top of Page

Guest9278
( )

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  15:36:17  Reply with Quote
ok u are way off
I will just name you 2 defensemen that will be there 100% sure
Bouwmeester
Dan boyle
Go to Top of Page

Guest6651
( )

Posted - 01/15/2009 :  11:40:46  Reply with Quote
Brodeur will be there ,will start majority of games ,and win the gold metal ,he is and will be in 2010 THE MAN
Go to Top of Page

Guest9651
( )

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  08:16:53  Reply with Quote
Here are my picks...you basically could field two sick teams!

2010 team
Gagne Crosby Iginla
Heatley Savard Getzlaf
Nash Thornton Marleau
Lecavalier M. Richards St. Louis
Morrow

Pronger Green
Weber Phaneuf
Campbell Boyle
Jovanovski

Luongo
Brodeur
Price

Notable mentions
F B.Richards
Doan
Smyth
Cammalleri
Staal
Spezza
Carter
Stastny
Briere
Perry
Kariya

D Bouwmeester
Souray
Keith
Doughty
Redden
Phillips

G Giguere
Fleury
Ward
Osgood
Leclaire

LAZER
Go to Top of Page

Guest0981
( )

Posted - 02/01/2009 :  15:25:20  Reply with Quote
Wanted to make one not on the D...

Green has to be in there, this guy is a point producing machine, he's currently 1st overall in d-points and he's only played 38 games, 38 games, Markov is tied for 1st having played an extra 12 games. I think serious thought has to be put in for having this guy as your no.1 puck moving, power play qb, offensive defenseman. I mean over Niedermayer, Weber, Boyle, Campbell, Souray, and this isn't a comment made without thinking about what I'm saying. I mean if you see this guy, he's awesome.

I think all the d-men above are worthy for the shortlist, but I hope nostalgia doesn't trump skill. If a guy like Redden or Jovo make the team over Green I think it would be a big mistake. And when people start talking about the Doughty's and the Schenn's I think that's just the hype of a rookie. Green will be 25ish, with some good high pressure experience under his belt from a couple of playoffs, but still having the youth the team might need.

I'm a bit all over the place here, but I was just blown away by Green getting to the d-man scoring lead today.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9383
( )

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  12:59:36  Reply with Quote
I basically agree with this except I'd switch up 2 of the pairing and switch Keith as the reserve instead of Campbell (better to have a defensive defenceman as a reserve - not like Keith can't put up some points either)

1. Iggy *C* Crosby Gagne
2. Heatley Getzlaf Nash
3. Doaner *A* Richards Morrow
4. Marleau Thornton Carter
Lecavalier Savard

1. Green Pronger *A*
2. Phaneuf Weber
3. Boyle Bouwmeester
Keith

Luongo
Brodeur
Giguere
Go to Top of Page

Guest7761
( )

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  13:28:43  Reply with Quote
Mike Richard will probably be in the team for defensive game (like Draper and Maltby was before)

he can play both side very well

Speeza, i'm not sure i want him in the roster

My choice

Crosby, Thornton, Lecavalier, Iginla, Gagné, Richard, Heatley, Savard, Staal, Nash for sure

After that you choice between Doan, Marleau, Toews, Speeza, Getzlaf, St-Louis, Smyth and Morrow

Defense

Phaneuf, Green, Weber, Pronger, Bowmeester

Than you complete with Boyle, Campbell, Keith, Coburn, Redden or Niedermayer

Goalie

Brodeur, Luongo and a third one (Ward, Price, Gigučre)
Go to Top of Page

Guest7913
( )

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  14:57:36  Reply with Quote
Sorry, there are so many posts that I couldn't go through them all, but has anyone mentioned Mason in the goaltender lineup?
Go to Top of Page

Guest6177
( )

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  15:30:11  Reply with Quote
Heres my team

Forwards: Crosby, Iginla, Thornton, Savard, Lecavilier, Getzlaf, Carter, M. Richards, Nash, Doan, Cammaleri, St. Louis

Defense: Green, Campbell, Weber, Souray, Wideman,Burns

Goalies: Luongo, Mason, Price

Captains: "C" Iginla, "a" Thornton, "a" Doan, "a" Lecavilier
Go to Top of Page

Guest9847
( )

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  18:30:58  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hkalirah

Lets fast forward, it’s now 2010, and you’re Wayne Gretzky. Who do you put on Team Canada?

Here’s my picks.

Forwards

Crosby, Iginla, Lecavalier, Spezza, Heatley, Thornton, Getzlaf, St. Louis, Savard, Staal, Nash, Smyth

Defence

Pronger, Phaneuf, Phillips, Campbell, Redden, Jovanovski

Goalies

Luongo, Brodeur, Ward

I’ve left guys like Niedermayer, Brindamour, and Shanahan off the list because I’m not sure if they will have retired by then.

Go Wings Go!

Some changes I would make are Shane Doan for Smyth, Price for Ward, Toews for Getzlaf, and if seabrook is Canadian, him for Phillips.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9847
( )

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  18:35:52  Reply with Quote
HOW ABOUT TOEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest9847
( )

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  19:01:30  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]
- Who is Mike Green

Mike Green is the #1 D on washington
Go to Top of Page

Radoria
Top Prospect

Canada
17 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  07:16:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, 2009 revision:

Forwards:
Cammalleri-Crosby-Iginla
Nash-Savard-Doan
Gagne-Getzlaf-St. Louis
Ray Whitney-Thornton-Setoguchi

Defence:
Green-Boyle
Scott Niedermeyer-Wideman
Campbell-Weber

Goal:
Turco
Ward
Go to Top of Page

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  07:35:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Radoria

Okay, 2009 revision:

Forwards:
Cammalleri-Crosby-Iginla
Nash-Savard-Doan
Gagne-Getzlaf-St. Louis
Ray Whitney-Thornton-Setoguchi

Defence:
Green-Boyle
Scott Niedermeyer-Wideman
Campbell-Weber

Goal:
Turco
Ward

If Ray Whitney, Dennis Wideman, and Marty Turco are there instead of Vincent Lecavalier, Jay Boeumeester, and Roberto Luongo, I will cheer for the Russians!

"I'm not dumb enough to be a goalie."
Brett Hull.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9350
( )

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  13:13:28  Reply with Quote
Forwards: Iginla Crosby Lecavalier
Nash Thornton Getzlaf
Richards Staal Heatley
Spezza Doan Gagne

Extras: St.Louis, Carter, Savard, Perry, Toews, Morrow

Defence: Phaneuf Pronger Weber
Boyle Campbell Green

Extras: Boumeester, Jovanovski, Regehr, Niedemeyer, Keith, Redden

Goalies: Luongo, Brodeur, Ward or Guigere

Extras: Price, Turco, Fleury

I think this is a fairly solid team and its tough to determine the the 3rd and 4th lines with my extras. Enjoy!
Go to Top of Page

Thrasher
Rookie

Canada
155 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  15:01:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9350

Forwards: Iginla Crosby Lecavalier
Nash Thornton Getzlaf
Richards Staal Heatley
Spezza Doan Gagne

Extras: St.Louis, Carter, Savard, Perry, Toews, Morrow

Defence: Phaneuf Pronger Weber
Boyle Campbell Green

Extras: Boumeester, Jovanovski, Regehr, Niedemeyer, Keith, Redden

Goalies: Luongo, Brodeur, Ward or Guigere

Extras: Price, Turco, Fleury

I think this is a fairly solid team and its tough to determine the the 3rd and 4th lines with my extras. Enjoy!

Thank you, at least someone mentioned Regehr. With all the hype around Phanuef, does anyone actually watch him play defense? Yes he is a good offensive defensmen, but Canada has enough offensive defensmen. They need a solid shut down defensemen that wont be afraid of facing Ovechkin, Malkin, Kovalchuk, or any of the other talented scorers around the world(yes they are only from Russia). If Mason keeps up the pace he is at next season, why should he not be considered as the third? Im not saying he should start, but having him could give him some experience in case 2010 is not the last year that NHL players will be playing in the Olyimpics.
Go to Top of Page

Guest5898
( )

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  15:16:38  Reply with Quote
sourays going to be there
Go to Top of Page

Guest5898
( )

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  15:19:32  Reply with Quote
regeher are u kidding me, he couldn't make any tea let alone canada
Go to Top of Page

Guest9350
( )

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  19:36:12  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest5898

regeher are u kidding me, he couldn't make any tea let alone canada

I got a feeling Regehr might actually make it because Canada doesn't need anymore offense, they need to keep the lead once they get it. It will be quite interesting
Go to Top of Page

Guest9350
( )

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  19:37:23  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest5898

sourays going to be there

Souray will not make it, he isnt a reliable d-man.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page