Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Top 30 Post Lockout - Comments Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2008 :  09:17:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks go stars,,, i hope i'll be able to sway you on huet a lil farther down the list say 25th or so,,,,

but now i would like to make the iginla case....i know he doesn;t have perhaps the same points totals since the lockout as some players but he is i believe the single most valuable player to his team since the lockout,, the guy is the heart and soul of the flames and i believe if you take him out of their lineup the flames plumet ,, he is a brilliant offensive defensive talent and will drop the gloves for any member of his teams defense you have to love his grit and atitude i really want to see him as number 4 on this list

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2008 :  17:43:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey alex i'll need some serious persuadeing to put alfie on this list before i vote for him in the top 10 i really cant see him on this list untill at least 15th..... nothing against him i just feel their are so many deserving players ahead of alfie,, maybe im not seeing this objectivly can you explain to me why you feel he should see top five consideration??

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2008 :  17:59:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7

hey alex i'll need some serious persuadeing to put alfie on this list before i vote for him in the top 10 i really cant see him on this list untill at least 15th..... nothing against him i just feel their are so many deserving players ahead of alfie,, maybe im not seeing this objectivly can you explain to me why you feel he should see top five consideration??

Pasty

First off, look at Ottawa last season, when he took them on his back to the final, as opposed to this season, when he was injured and they are first-round busts. That screams MVP. Not only that, he has not missed a single of their playoff games, makes all around him better, has considerable amount of time on the PK for a forward, due to his intense study of tapes to learn players' patterns and can now win puck races on instinct rather than speed.

Stats wise, he happens to have 103, 87 and 89 points post-lockout. 05-06 he averaged 1 PPG in the playoffs, and 1.1 last year overr a 20 game period.

The Sens hopes lie directly within that man.

Iginla had the one bad season that for me takes him out of contention this round, and Lecavalier is inconsistent by nature. In a three year span, if you can not prove to be consistent, you should wait your turn in my opinion.

"You're playing worse every day and right now you're playing like the middle of next week."
-Herb Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2008 :  18:50:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex

quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7

Pasty

First off, look at Ottawa last season, when he took them on his back to the final, as opposed to this season, when he was injured and they are first-round busts. That screams MVP. Not only that, he has not missed a single of their playoff games, makes all around him better, has considerable amount of time on the PK for a forward, due to his intense study of tapes to learn players' patterns and can now win puck races on instinct rather than speed.

Stats wise, he happens to have 103, 87 and 89 points post-lockout. 05-06 he averaged 1 PPG in the playoffs, and 1.1 last year overr a 20 game period.

The Sens hopes lie directly within that man.

Iginla had the one bad season that for me takes him out of contention this round, and Lecavalier is inconsistent by nature. In a three year span, if you can not prove to be consistent, you should wait your turn in my opinion.

"You're playing worse every day and right now you're playing like the middle of next week."
-Herb Brooks

but i see your point of how dismal the sens have appeard without alfie in the lineup and he does have solid numbers,, i just saw a equally dismal sens team at the end of this season with or without alfie,, i feel he really isn;t the best captain and he is not everything to his team as a guy like iginla and lecavalier are,,, he is weak natured gets knoked off the puck too much for my taste,,, (unfortunatly i will admit this is a bias on my part,, i like big strong players much more then the skilled) i think if you took him out of the big three he would be a 70 point per year player,,,,, consitently which is still great but,,,,, not top 10 great,,,, or at least not before vinny iggy luongo,,,nash

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

renemar
Top Prospect

1 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2008 :  06:34:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
where?

I challenge you to a game of trivia! Click here to battle against me online at XXXXXXXXX. Let's see who's the winner...
https:/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Mod Edit: This is a no Spam Zone. Thanks.

Edited by - willus3 on 05/29/2008 09:24:11
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page