Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Ovechkin highlight reel Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2006 :  14:56:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You have got to see this! It's a good thing some of it is in slowmotion because you wouldn't see some of his moves otherwise!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3957094422427700341&q=alexander

This kid reminds me of Bure so much it's stupid!

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2006 :  17:56:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope he passes Jagr and gets the Rocket Trophy, I think he is a shoe-in for the Calder and if he doesn't win the Hart, something is seriously wrong. The guy has 8 more goals than anyone else on his team has points. I seriously think, even already, that he is the second-best player in the world...only behind Forsberg. I honestly think he is THAT good. It's not just because he can score highlight reel goals, which he does aplenty. He delivers thunderous hits, he is the most energetic player I've ever seen (though I'm still young, but c'mon) and he is already a team leader in his rookie year. It frightens me to think about what he will accomplish in the next 20 years or so.
Go to Top of Page

Ripley
PickupHockey Pro

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2006 :  23:25:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's like you took the words right from my keyboard babs. I couldn't agree more. I get chills watching this kid play! It's like everytime he touches the puck you know something is going to happen. I wish he played out west so we could see him more.
Go to Top of Page

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2006 :  08:47:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When will the NHL change their stupid scheduling philosophy and let us that live on the West Coast enjoy this talent. He also reminds me of Bure - maybe not as fast but just as exciting and tough too. Now way he will take the Hart trophy though - although I agree he deserves consideration. Calder and Rocket trophys for sure.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2006 :  11:39:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not the Hart?

I know in principle it's a long shot, but it's supposed to be the player who is most valuable to his team...how much more valuable could he be to Washington? More than double anyone on his team's points, second in league goal-scoring, 8th in league points.... Oh did I mention HE'S TWENTY YEARS OLD AND PLAYS FOR WASHINGTON?

*Sits back down* Duh!?!?!?!?
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2006 :  13:58:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, not the Hart. Usually goes to a winning team I believe. Jagr should take it but Kiprusoff should be a consideration too although it's rare that a goalie takes it (Theodore, Hasek). And the Rocket trophy is not in the bag yet so don't jinx the kid! haha!

Interestingly, with 41 goals to date he is 0 on the plus/minus.

Having said that. I agree, I wish we saw him more cause he is the s***!
Go to Top of Page

blade
Rookie

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2006 :  15:44:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Crosby / Ovechkin showdown tonight on TSN.

My money is on Crosby for more points in the battle. I bet he's getting pissed off that Ovechkin is hockey's prince and not him.
Go to Top of Page

goon
Rookie

Canada
113 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2006 :  09:09:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its pretty simple. If your team doesn't make the playoffs - then you don't win the Hart Trophy. I would give it to Jagr.

Having said that I agree that this kid is frikin crazy good. As long as he doesn't have the Bure bad attitude I think he will surpass Pavel as the best Russian to ever play in the NHL.
Go to Top of Page

blade
Rookie

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2006 :  10:19:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blade

Crosby / Ovechkin showdown tonight on TSN.

My money is on Crosby for more points in the battle. I bet he's getting pissed off that Ovechkin is hockey's prince and not him.

Ok, I was wrong. Ovechkin kicked ass last night. I barely even noticed Crosby in the period and a half that I watched.
Go to Top of Page

Donald Beckett
Top Prospect

Canada
88 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2006 :  10:38:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ya I watched it too and totally agree - Crosby sure has gone down hill. What will he do now with Mark Recchi. I am sure Leclair will be gone soon too.
Go to Top of Page

pucker
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
398 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  09:46:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow I missed this one. I wonder if there is one on Crosby?
Go to Top of Page

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  09:10:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check it out - I couldn't find any Crosby highlight reels but everyone remembers this cheeky goal from his days in junior hockey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCc_wHDrttU&search=crosby
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  15:12:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, the patented Mike Laing move from the University of Michigan. It made me sick to hear all the people out here in the East that called it the Crosby move. Crosby mania over here is so biased. Of course it's because I live about 10 minutes from where he grew up and a few of my buddies played with him in Atom and Peewee.
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  15:17:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yup that's correct. The goal was done by the UofM guy long before. And I've seen some absolutely sick interpretations of it since. I just figured out how to do that only a year ago (I'm 35) and I sure as hell can't do it on the fly!!!! These guys are amazing!
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  15:25:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How about the Datsyuk goal from last night? That was incredible! I've seen him do it twice now and both times I couldn't believe it.

I can't find the video though. Anyone?
Go to Top of Page

nazzy_19
Top Prospect

Canada
57 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  15:35:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was this the right-to-left-drag-the-puck-around-the-goalie-and-roof-it move?
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  17:58:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yah, sort of that "hey look at me i can moonwalk!" sort of move. You know, it looks like he's going one way but he's really going the other.

If anyone has a link to the reel let's have it!
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  19:15:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well anytime you guys want a replay of a goal, go to nhl.com and go to the scores page. You can view the video highlights of any game and there are links to every goal. I think you need to create an account to view them but who cares? I've replayed so many of Ovechkin's goals through that, it's sweet especially if you couldn't catch the highlights on the sports channel.

For the "Datsyukian dekes" of recent, there's one to view on March 12th against the Blackhawks and another a week later on the 19th against the Canucks to view, which I'm sure you are all familiar of because he sent Auld back to preschool.
Go to Top of Page

NuckH8R
Top Prospect

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  09:21:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't know you could do that - thanks for the info man.

Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  12:29:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They should pay me commissions, I brag about that site too much.
Go to Top of Page

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2006 :  10:15:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You don't have to sign up just go to the highlights page and view whatever game you want. They are pretty good, better than TSN or Sportsnet's coverage.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2006 :  10:25:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh ok I wasn't sure.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To: