Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Suspension Worthy? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

goon
Rookie

Canada
113 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  22:22:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pittsburgh is requesting that last nights hit by Mejzaros on Crysby...I mean Crosby be reviewed for a suspension. I think it was a bit low but definitely not suspension worthy. Cairns'spear on Chara should get one though - although I think he recived enough punishment after getting his clock cleaned by a very pissed off Chara.

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  06:36:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will never be the first to defend Crosby but Meszaros's hit was pretty questionable. I understand maybe he was going to hit him cleanly until Crosby decided to cross over but Meszaros's leg was clearly out there. I think maybe he should get a game because it could have been very dangerous, given he only got a 2 min. tripping penalty... just to prove that whether or not you intend to stick your leg out, that you just can't do it.

I didn't see Cairns's spear, but I would like to. Though I did see Chara own him afterwards, which was pretty funny. What was Cairns thinking? The only guy who can take out Chara is Ovechkin.
Go to Top of Page

NuckH8R
Top Prospect

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  09:18:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol!
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  17:29:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That was a joke. Let it go. It's a complete media over reaction. He obviously wasn't intending to injure and the knee barely got out. Was it a low hit...for sure but that is just a 2 minute penalty. If that was anyone else we wouldn't even be having this discussion. I'm a Crosby fan and I'm also all for protecting the stars but let's let the big guys protect them and get rid of the instigator rule.

The real debate here is why didn't anyone come to his aid. What does that tell you about his popularity on the team? Or was it just that it wasn't anything worthy of doing something about?
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2006 :  10:21:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If it was anyone else?

Let's get something straight... I hate Crosby this year. He's just a little weiner who always got more attention than he deserved. Living in the same place he's from meant everything was about Crosby. I think the only thing that didn't make front page news about him was how his dentist checkups went.

I'm not defending Crosby by any means, I'm defending the fact that "hits" or takeouts like that, where its knee on knee or shin on knee or skate lace on skate lace just CAN'T HAPPEN. They're so dangerous and whether or not severe consequences stem from these hits or not, action must be taken to enforce the fact that there's no place in it for hockey. I would be saying this if the hit was on Tie Domi or Mike Ribeiro, two of the players I hate the most.

It's easy to say no consequences should be dealt because they both got lucky they didn't get hurt. If one of them had gotten injured, it would be a different story, especially if it Crosby.

I'm not saying kick the guy for life, I'm just saying do something...so that at least it's not surprising for someone else to be punished when this happens again.
Go to Top of Page

blade
Rookie

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2006 :  16:03:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with Leigh, I'm not buying it. It was barely even a borderline infraction. Let's not over-regulate the game, it's bad enough already. A knee on knee hit is ALWAYS obvious and this was not. Next thing you know the bleeding hearts will be calling for suspensions for cross-checks. Let the players sort out what is cheap and let the league call the offsides and icings. Most of the players and analysts I have heard interviewed don't think it was that bad. Right now I think that we are probably the only few guys left on the planet left debating this. Why? Because it was a non-issue.

Judging from your post it sounds to me like you're a little jealous of Crosby. Come on...he made it and you didn't and that's got you all upset. ;-)
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2006 :  20:27:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well despite his whinyness, who wouldn't be jealous of him? Making millions playing the sport he loves, and he's going to be doing it for the next 20 years. Hell, if you're not jealous I think you have issues!

Whatever, I just want to see dangerous stuff enforced more. Cross-checks aren't dangerous unless they're to the head, which should then be punished more severely. I'm all for letting the players play, and play physically, I just don't like the dirty, dangerous stuff.
Go to Top of Page

blade
Rookie

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2006 :  10:51:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, I'm still gonna make the show! LOL!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page