Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Lets imagine...... Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  09:16:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Ok the situation is you are the new GM of the Detroit Red Wings,,, Holland was choked you took his place and he left you with the worst mess imaginable.... you have two UFA's to sign but you can only get one; Henrik Zetterberg or Paval Datsyuk. You can only keep one of the two what do you do? Please comment on your choice. Remember the poll question is "If you could only keep one or the other",,, not "who is better"

Pasty

Choices:

Zetterberg
Datsyuk
Neither

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  09:43:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I voted neither. Reason being is that I think that Zetterberg and Datsyuk are very much like the Sedin Sisters or Lecavalier and St. Louis. They are good players when they are playing a part and great players when they play together.

Plus, thier current $9 million+ salary and market value of about $13 million+, I can work other players into the mix. It's not like Detroit is a hockey graveyard that no one wants to play in.

If it had to be a choice, and keeping both was not an option, I would keep neither. You have to remember as well, these guys have been playing together for 5 years, have had a ton of regular season success, and have gone into the playoffs most often as a favorite and have only made it to the finals once. Maybe give them each a one year deal and see if they do it again. Then I might open up the wallet.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2008 :  06:51:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

I voted neither. Reason being is that I think that Zetterberg and Datsyuk are very much like the Sedin Sisters or Lecavalier and St. Louis. They are good players when they are playing a part and great players when they play together.

Plus, thier current $9 million+ salary and market value of about $13 million+, I can work other players into the mix. It's not like Detroit is a hockey graveyard that no one wants to play in.

If it had to be a choice, and keeping both was not an option, I would keep neither. You have to remember as well, these guys have been playing together for 5 years, have had a ton of regular season success, and have gone into the playoffs most often as a favorite and have only made it to the finals once. Maybe give them each a one year deal and see if they do it again. Then I might open up the wallet.

i assume you wouldn;t let them go for nothing, perhaps try a block buster deal like the heatly hossa ,, try and nabb some top young guns,,, or pull a boston and just give them away?? i can see your point on them being perhaps like the sedin sisters,, but i don't thing lecavalier belongs in that group....... personaly i would keep which ever of the two i could get for the best deal,,, then either find a young playr to compliment te one i keep or g out nd sighn a good forward to play with the other during the off seasonas yo said loadsof layers would love to play in Hockey town,,, so fndin a good ufa souldn;t be tough

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2008 :  07:00:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You'd be a fool not to want to keep them, I personally would prefer Datsyuk based solely on the fact that Zetterburg can't stay healthy consistently.
Go to Top of Page

Open_Ice
Rookie

Canada
109 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2008 :  13:01:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

I voted neither.

So far beans is the only one to have voted neither and I agree with everyone else...

They have played on separate lines and done extremely well -even in the playoffs.

I choose Zetterberg because he will play the powerplay, even strength, and best of all he is an unbelievable penalty killer (even when penalty killing without Datsyuk)

I dont think anyone would actually pass up having one of them on their team.
Go to Top of Page

I´m also Cånädiön
Rookie

Sweden
217 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2008 :  01:34:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Open_Ice pretty much nailed it imo. Zetterberg is the more productive player of the two and I know he plays good with anyone.

I enjoy watching Datsyuk most of the two but it feels like he is the one who benefits most from playing with the other.
Go to Top of Page

nashvillepreds
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1053 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2008 :  07:27:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
People are saying tat Zetterberg is going to be the next Fedorov. I think Datsyuk is already the next Fedorov. He plays a patient, smart game. If Zetterberg didn't have him by his side he wouldn't be as good as he is.

Ellis or Renne....
ELLIS
Go Preds Go!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page