Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Vesa Toskala Guilty? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Guest4775
( )

Posted - 04/04/2009 :  17:33:43
anyone in there right mind would say that vesa toskla is a bad goalie on a good team. My favorite team is montreal but i still think that toronto has a good team.Toronto should have never taken toskala because he sucks.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4775
( )

Posted - 04/04/2009 :  17:54:39
hello who thnis might be connernced

Toronto Mpale Leafs wouldnt go ANYWHERE with out VESA TOSKALA. What Im saying is that VESA TOSKALA ROCKS!!! How ever, Toronto Maple Leafs is a better team thnan the MONTREAL CANADAIENS. Toronto Maple Leafs is my favorite team in the whole intire NHL. Also what Im saying is that Toronto Maple Leafs NEED to make the playoffs. THIS is sooooooooooo wrong about Toronto Maple Leafs not winning the Stanly CUP. What Im saying is that Toronto Maple Leafs is a very very good hockey team. MONTREAL CANADAIENS SUCK!!!
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2009 :  08:30:30  Show Profile
guest4775 you make no sense little buddy
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2009 :  08:31:51  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Reeder17

Wowie!!
Gerber and Cujo just played solid against Philly eh Hanley?

Crosby is not the Lord & Savior of the NHL, get over yourself McGuire.

Gretzky has never once high-sticked a member of the Toronto Maple Leafs.

philly was a bad game for both Cujo and Gerber. But if Toskala played the outcome would have been just as bad if not worse
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2009 :  08:33:13  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by DangleFest89

this thread is fun to read so many stats and facts against 1 person who can't just admit hes wrong

I know I'm not wrong, the truth is Toronto is better off without Toskala. watch the guy play and you'd see what I mean
Go to Top of Page

Reeder17
Rookie

Canada
112 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2009 :  10:05:34  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by hanley6

quote:

Wowie!!

philly was a bad game for both Cujo and Gerber. But if Toskala played the outcome would have been just as bad if not worse

I'm sure.
And your evidence to back it up is just amazing.

Go to Top of Page

Guest4249
( )

Posted - 04/05/2009 :  13:22:09
quote:

guest4775 you make no sense little buddy

Pot?

Kettle?
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  09:04:22  Show Profile
quote:

quote:

quote:

Wowie!!

I'm sure.

my evidence to back it up happened pretty well all season long, it's not going to stop, well I guess it has Toskala is "injured"
Go to Top of Page

Reeder17
Rookie

Canada
112 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  09:06:34  Show Profile
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wowie!!

I'm sure.

my evidence to back it up happened pretty well all season long, it's not going to stop, well I guess it has Toskala is "injured"

I know what ya mean. It's so easy to fake surgery these days. God you ain't too bright.

Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  09:20:01  Show Profile
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wowie!!

I'm sure.

I know what ya mean. It's so easy to fake surgery these days. God you ain't too bright.

there was nothing wrong with him to need a surgery... His MRI showed nothing, no tears, no break or fractures, no tumors or cancers, nothing. He may have been a little sore but if it doesn't show on an MRI you don't need surgery.
Go to Top of Page

Thrasher
Rookie

Canada
155 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  09:33:26  Show Profile
quote:

there was nothing wrong with him to need a surgery... His MRI showed nothing, no tears, no break or fractures, no tumors or cancers, nothing. He may have been a little sore but if it doesn't show on an MRI you don't need surgery.

Serious? When did you get a PhD Hanley? Are you a doctor? Please don't tell me you honestly think this. I've never heard of someone asking for surgery with nothing wrong with them. You think its his reason for him having a bad year? He knew he underperformed so he is faking an injury and asking for surgery. This is getting ridiculus. This is not some conspiracy against the leafs. It is statements like the last one that have everyone questioning your reasoning. You just throw out a random statement that has no truth whatsoever. Give me evidence that the entire organization is letting Toskala fake this operation and i will believe you. Because you must have seen the results of Toskalas MRI, you would know better than the rest of us.

I Promise I didn't give her the STD, I'm not a sharing person.
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  09:51:29  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Thrasher

quote:

Serious? When did you get a PhD Hanley? Are you a doctor? Please don't tell me you honestly think this. I've never heard of someone asking for surgery with nothing wrong with them. You think its his reason for him having a bad year? He knew he underperformed so he is faking an injury and asking for surgery. This is getting ridiculus. This is not some conspiracy against the leafs. It is statements like the last one that have everyone questioning your reasoning. You just throw out a random statement that has no truth whatsoever. Give me evidence that the entire organization is letting Toskala fake this operation and i will believe you. Because you must have seen the results of Toskalas MRI, you would know better than the rest of us.

I really dont think Toskala actually had a surgery, have you seen him in the hospital? it's just like Kostitsyn getting sent to the minors because of his ties with the russian mofia and talk.. I believe Toronto gave Toskala the rest of the season off because he sucks and beacuse of all the media talk of Toskala, because Toskala can't handle the media, if you can't handle it you're not a good goalie... Anyone can play through light pain. I've done it many times, but if it's as bad as Toskala says it is then he shouldn't have played at all.. Again the MRI showed nothing wrong.. Its all an act trying to get all the pressure and stress of the media off him.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/02/05/toskala_burke_criticism/
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20090206.leafs07/GSStory/GlobeSportsHockey/Thrashers/
Go to Top of Page

Guest8228
( )

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  11:17:48
quote:

quote:

quote:

I really dont think Toskala actually had a surgery, have you seen him in the hospital? it's just like Kostitsyn getting sent to the minors because of his ties with the russian mofia and talk.. I believe Toronto gave Toskala the rest of the season off because he sucks and beacuse of all the media talk of Toskala, because Toskala can't handle the media, if you can't handle it you're not a good goalie... Anyone can play through light pain. I've done it many times, but if it's as bad as Toskala says it is then he shouldn't have played at all.. Again the MRI showed nothing wrong.. Its all an act trying to get all the pressure and stress of the media off him.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20090206.leafs07/GSStory/GlobeSportsHockey/Thrashers/

Well, if you read it on the internet, then it must be true.

Thanks for proving our point once again. Burke and Wilson are both smart enough to put the heat on a goalie who can handle the pressure and not their young team who cannot. A 30 year old would know that....a 13 year old would not.

I once read an email that said if I forwarded it, Microsoft would pay me. I read it on the internet so it must be true.

Moderator Edit - Please refrain from name calling and let's ensure we are arguing the opinion and not the person. Thanks

Sorry Slozo - you're smarter than the rest of us.....we can't help it.

Edited by - Beans15 on 04/06/2009 13:25:55
Go to Top of Page

Reeder17
Rookie

Canada
112 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  13:49:50  Show Profile
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2009/03/10/sp-mapleleafs-injuries.html?ref=rss

Well I guess the biggest news in the country is wrong too eh?

Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  15:40:50  Show Profile
quote:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2009/03/10/sp-mapleleafs-injuries.html?ref=rss

that's still not proof he actually had surgery... It has no details on how the surgery went which for everyone else it shows detail on how it went
Go to Top of Page

Reeder17
Rookie

Canada
112 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  15:45:20  Show Profile
quote:

quote:

that's still not proof he actually had surgery... It has no details on how the surgery went which for everyone else it shows detail on how it went

So your proof just proves he didn't eh? Do you want me to provide surgery records, a recording of the operation and a sworn statement from the doctor? No that would be impossible because there is a secret underground operation being run by the media and former President Bush to preserve Toskala and the truth from being told...right?

Edited by - Reeder17 on 04/06/2009 15:46:16
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  15:59:35  Show Profile
quote:

quote:

quote:

So your proof just proves he didn't eh? Do you want me to provide surgery records, a recording of the operation and a sworn statement from the doctor? No that would be impossible because there is a secret underground operation being run by the media and former President Bush to preserve Toskala and the truth from being told...right?

lmao you need some sleep buddy.. I never said anything about Bush... I'm just stating what Ron Wilson has said. And it's a coincidence just because he Toskala has played so crappy all season long he's all of a sudden saying he's been injured, keeping it quiet all year long, they have him take an MRI and it shows nothing, now he's got surgery??? it's smells fishy to me... Still they haven't released any evidence that Toskala actually had his "Surgery" and how it went. I Toskala was so hurt he should have went on the IR already.. Toskala is currently not even listed on the IR.

Edited by - hanley6 on 04/06/2009 16:08:51
Go to Top of Page

Thrasher
Rookie

Canada
155 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  15:59:54  Show Profile
quote:

quote:

OMFG, YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS. Hanley, were you kidnapped by UFO's too? There is no way you are that paranoid. There is no big cover up about Toskala having surgery. This is getting stupid.

quote:

Notice how it says THE MAPLE LEAFS have the worst goaltending, not goaltender. Why is that? Because the defense cannot stop anything. Not just Toskala, but Joseph and Pogge too. If you can scapegoat Toskala, then Cujo is just as guilty as well.

quote:

You know who Brian Burke is right? He loves to call his players out in an attempt to make them play better. Kaberle anyone? He loves being the media focus, and thinks putting pressure on his players through the networks makes them play better. Does it work? Some of the time yes. But this is not some big conspiracy to explain why Toskala is not having a succesful year. Its not like he lost all his skill moving to the east. He was a good goalie in San Jose, he is still a good goalie in Toronto, with a lackluster team in front of him. And i know your going to say anyone can look good with San Jose in front of him, but then your contradicting your own point. If Toronto was truly a playoff caliber team, then Toskala should look when back stopping for them, right?

Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  16:17:43  Show Profile
quote:

quote:

quote:

OMFG, YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS. Hanley, were you kidnapped by UFO's too? There is no way you are that paranoid. There is no big cover up about Toskala having surgery. This is getting stupid.

quote:

Notice how it says THE MAPLE LEAFS have the worst goaltending, not goaltender. Why is that? Because the defense cannot stop anything. Not just Toskala, but Joseph and Pogge too. If you can scapegoat Toskala, then Cujo is just as guilty as well.

quote:

You know who Brian Burke is right? He loves to call his players out in an attempt to make them play better. Kaberle anyone? He loves being the media focus, and thinks putting pressure on his players through the networks makes them play better. Does it work? Some of the time yes. But this is not some big conspiracy to explain why Toskala is not having a succesful year. Its not like he lost all his skill moving to the east. He was a good goalie in San Jose, he is still a good goalie in Toronto, with a lackluster team in front of him. And i know your going to say anyone can look good with San Jose in front of him, but then your contradicting your own point. If Toronto was truly a playoff caliber team, then Toskala should look when back stopping for them, right?

when you can score on a so called number 1 goal tender from the other end of the ice or anywhere on the ice, it is not the defense fault. When you are making $4 Million a year you need to play your best every day and stop being so lazy and don't worry about what people are saying about you, go out there and do your job stop allowing weak goals that he should have had

Edited by - hanley6 on 04/06/2009 16:21:50
Go to Top of Page

Thrasher
Rookie

Canada
155 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  16:49:16  Show Profile
quote:

when you can score on a so called number 1 goal tender from the other end of the ice or anywhere on the ice, it is not the defense fault. When you are making $4 Million a year you need to play your best every day and stop being so lazy and don't worry about what people are saying about you, go out there and do your job stop allowing weak goals that he should have had

You realize that Toskala is not the only goalie this has happened too right? Was it a mistake, yes, but hes not the only one. Speaking of making $4 million and not playing consistent, Jason Blake anyone? Toskala is not the only one, there is an entire leafs team that needs to be blamed for inconsistency. Any way you spin it, Toronto is not a good enough team for Toskala to look good. If Toronto had Marty or Luongo, then perhaps they would look better and be in 9th or 10th in the east, but they are of a different caliber than the rest of the goalies in the NHL.

And these weak goals Toskala lets in, again all goalies have little hiccups. His consistency, perhaps not as on target as other goalies, but not every game can be gold, a trait we see in Marty as of late, not having his best stretch ever. Every goalie stumbles a little bit, sometimes they dont always see the puck as well as they should, or get enough to stop it completely. If you truly are a goalie, then you would know this right? Sometimes even weak ones go in. I rarely see these goals in the NHL, but even pros make mistakes. I have not seen Toskala let in more of these weak goals then other goaltenders in the league. Maybe more than say Kipper or Luongo, but on average, hes not letting in the softies. We know you love the leafs and you need someone to blame for this season. What about last season? What about the season previous? Who is to blame there? How about the last 60 years?

Go to Top of Page

Reeder17
Rookie

Canada
112 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  16:49:28  Show Profile
It's not even worth talking to Hanley anymore. He talks and debates like a two year old.

"Nu-uh! I am so right!"
But 10 people just posted facts stating why you are wrong...
"So? My opinion is a fact I am sooo right!"
Ok, well here is the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, Sportsnet & TSN articles stating more evidence.
"Nope it's a cover up!"
Ok...well do you have proof?
"Yup, Toskala is brutal that is my proof I am right you are wrong."
But I proved you wrong...
"Nu-uh!"

This is a conversation with this complete idiot Hanley for those who want a quick recap before leaving.

Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  17:33:50  Show Profile
quote:

quote:

You realize that Toskala is not the only goalie this has happened too right? Was it a mistake, yes, but hes not the only one. Speaking of making $4 million and not playing consistent, Jason Blake anyone? Toskala is not the only one, there is an entire leafs team that needs to be blamed for inconsistency. Any way you spin it, Toronto is not a good enough team for Toskala to look good. If Toronto had Marty or Luongo, then perhaps they would look better and be in 9th or 10th in the east, but they are of a different caliber than the rest of the goalies in the NHL.

And these weak goals Toskala lets in, again all goalies have little hiccups. His consistency, perhaps not as on target as other goalies, but not every game can be gold, a trait we see in Marty as of late, not having his best stretch ever. Every goalie stumbles a little bit, sometimes they dont always see the puck as well as they should, or get enough to stop it completely. If you truly are a goalie, then you would know this right? Sometimes even weak ones go in. I rarely see these goals in the NHL, but even pros make mistakes. I have not seen Toskala let in more of these weak goals then other goaltenders in the league. Maybe more than say Kipper or Luongo, but on average, hes not letting in the softies. We know you love the leafs and you need someone to blame for this season. What about last season? What about the season previous? Who is to blame there? How about the last 60 years?

yes all goalies allow the odd bad goal, it's part of the game no one is perfect, but when a goalie does it pretty well every game it's pretty frustrating and not fare for the team... How can you say he's not letting in the softies have you seen him play??? If you do watch him you say that should have been stopped, Last season I wasn't impressed with Toskala either he had decent stat numbers last season but again he allows so many weak goals daily, Paul Maurice was also a blame lazy coach. The Leafs were better off with Pat Quinn.. John Ferguson Jr. did absolutely nothing for Toronto the whole time he was GM..
Last 60 years I think you need to adjust your mathematical skills little buddy

Edited by - hanley6 on 04/06/2009 17:34:54
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  17:44:27  Show Profile
quote:

It's not even worth talking to Hanley anymore. He talks and debates like a two year old.

"Nu-uh! I am so right!"
Ok, well here is the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, Sportsnet & TSN articles stating more evidence.
"Nope it's a cover up!"
"Nu-uh!"

This is a conversation with this complete idiot Hanley for those who want a quick recap before leaving.

I debate like a 2 year old eh?? I use facts, I've used stats I don't resort to personal attacks, well at least I dont start them, if you ask me the name calling and whining that you have been displaying all day today is pretty childish. So who's acting like the two year old??? Does little Reeder need a bubba, if you be good maybe the Easter Bunny will bring you lots of chocolate doesn't that sound fun?????

Edited by - hanley6 on 04/06/2009 17:46:17
Go to Top of Page

Reeder17
Rookie

Canada
112 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  18:42:48  Show Profile
quote:

quote:

"Nu-uh! I am so right!"
"Nope it's a cover up!"
"Nu-uh!"

I debate like a 2 year old eh?? I use facts, I've used stats I don't resort to personal attacks, well at least I dont start them, if you ask me the name calling and whining that you have been displaying all day today is pretty childish. So who's acting like the two year old??? Does little Reeder need a bubba, if you be good maybe the Easter Bunny will bring you lots of chocolate doesn't that sound fun?????

So that is all a perfect arguement, no attacks at all eh?

I'm curious to where these facts are. Please list every piece of absolute evidence you have posted in this thread..

Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2009 :  21:35:45  Show Profile
quote:

quote:

quote:

"Nu-uh! I am so right!"
"Nope it's a cover up!"
"Nu-uh!"

I'm curious to where these facts are. Please list every piece of absolute evidence you have posted in this thread..

read through you'll find lots
Go to Top of Page

Guest0433
( )

Posted - 04/07/2009 :  22:24:00
fact: 2 years old atleast admit there wrong when taught the proper answer
Go to Top of Page

Reeder17
Rookie

Canada
112 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2009 :  03:54:32  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0433

fact: 2 years old atleast admit there wrong when taught the proper answer

Very nice. Is Hanley younger than 2 then?

Go to Top of Page

Reeder17
Rookie

Canada
112 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2009 :  03:56:21  Show Profile
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

"Nu-uh! I am so right!"
"Nope it's a cover up!"
"Nu-uh!"

read through you'll find lots

Actually I have found none, please prove me wrong by listing all of it.

Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2009 :  04:55:16  Show Profile
Well, it's unfortunate that this has to happen, but is obvious that people can not stop the personal attacks.

I hate to do it, but I gotta do it.

TOPIC LOCKED
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page