Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Vesa Toskala Guilty? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2009 :  14:51:50  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4249

quote:

these are not stats a number 1 goalie should be producing day in and day out. it's pathetic

So, "day in and day out" is a bit dramatic. Basically a game per month he was off.

Since a bunch of my good examples probably won't be considered good enough goalies for you, I decided to use a comparable example:

Roberto Luongo in the 2005-2006 season for Florida. An 85 point team at seasons end, missing the playoffs. A decent team, including the likes of O. Jokinnen, Nieuwendyk, Stumpel, Horton, Bouwmeester, Gelinas, Roberts, Gratton, Van Ryn, Weiss, etc. Luongo was chased TEN times that season.

In other various games where he did NOT get pulled, he did this (shots/goals):

34/4
40/5
38/5
28/5
39/4
39/4
25/3
25/4
23/5
32/4
27/6
35/5
37/4
27/3
34/5
29/3
33/4

Basically on par with Toskala's year. A whole bunch of sub par games, along with some very good games. From a consistency standpoint, Vesa has less ups and downs - he's not as good, but he has less strings of great games and lousy games - instead he has a bunch of good games and then a stinker about once a month.

I didn't include Luongo's 45/4 games, because that's essentially a .910 % (even though you counted one against V.T.)

So, back to the very crux of this entire argument:

Good goalie on a bad team? That depends? Isn't Roberto Luongo a top 3 goalie in the world?

Vesa Toskala is a good goalie on a bad team. Period.

Toskala is no where near as skilled as Luongo.. Never will even come close
Go to Top of Page

Guest4249
( )

Posted - 03/28/2009 :  16:37:37
quote:
Originally posted by hanley6

quote:

quote:

these are not stats a number 1 goalie should be producing day in and day out. it's pathetic

So, "day in and day out" is a bit dramatic. Basically a game per month he was off.

Since a bunch of my good examples probably won't be considered good enough goalies for you, I decided to use a comparable example:

Roberto Luongo in the 2005-2006 season for Florida. An 85 point team at seasons end, missing the playoffs. A decent team, including the likes of O. Jokinnen, Nieuwendyk, Stumpel, Horton, Bouwmeester, Gelinas, Roberts, Gratton, Van Ryn, Weiss, etc. Luongo was chased TEN times that season.

In other various games where he did NOT get pulled, he did this (shots/goals):

34/4
40/5
38/5
28/5
39/4
39/4
25/3
25/4
23/5
32/4
27/6
35/5
37/4
27/3
34/5
29/3
33/4

Basically on par with Toskala's year. A whole bunch of sub par games, along with some very good games. From a consistency standpoint, Vesa has less ups and downs - he's not as good, but he has less strings of great games and lousy games - instead he has a bunch of good games and then a stinker about once a month.

I didn't include Luongo's 45/4 games, because that's essentially a .910 % (even though you counted one against V.T.)

So, back to the very crux of this entire argument:

Good goalie on a bad team? That depends? Isn't Roberto Luongo a top 3 goalie in the world?

Vesa Toskala is a good goalie on a bad team. Period.

Toskala is no where near as skilled as Luongo.. Never will even come close

No he won't. Why don't you go ahead and read the post, instead of just urinating on your keyboard?

Even a superstar can't keep from getting chased when the team doesn't play defence.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2009 :  16:40:20  Show Profile
Hanley, facts are based on some kind of evidence. Making statements like "Toskala would be a back up on every other team in the league and that's a fact" is not a fact.

And as far as you "best goalies in the league right now, I would have to agree with most. I would also have Backstrom and Lundqvist. I would not put Mason or Thomas there as one good season does not make a goaltender.

I don't think the guest was trying to say that Toskala is as good as Luogno. What I got out of it is that it's possible for a good goalie to be on a weak team as well as good goalies will have off games.

And finally, you're first "factual" statement from the game logs of Joseph are very one sided. For that to be objective, you have to look at all the games each goalie played. Post that, and they we can talk. Until then, you are using certain "facts" to prove your point and leaving all others out.

That is not objective or factual.

Go to Top of Page

Guest4249
( )

Posted - 03/28/2009 :  16:50:25
quote:

quote:

Congratulations, hanley. The VERY FIRST EVER time you posted some facts.

I'll need some more time to digest this....but I'll ask until I get back: Who are the top goalies in the league? In order....

first ever eh???? I've mentioned lots of facts that's all I do.

to me the top goalies in the League are Kiprusoff, Steve Mason, Luongo, Tim Thomas and Brodeur

That IS all you do, except for the facts part. It's more like, you "...mentioned lots".....unfortunately, that's where it stops.
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2009 :  21:55:34  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Hanley, facts are based on some kind of evidence. Making statements like "Toskala would be a back up on every other team in the league and that's a fact" is not a fact.

And as far as you "best goalies in the league right now, I would have to agree with most. I would also have Backstrom and Lundqvist. I would not put Mason or Thomas there as one good season does not make a goaltender.

I don't think the guest was trying to say that Toskala is as good as Luogno. What I got out of it is that it's possible for a good goalie to be on a weak team as well as good goalies will have off games.

And finally, you're first "factual" statement from the game logs of Joseph are very one sided. For that to be objective, you have to look at all the games each goalie played. Post that, and they we can talk. Until then, you are using certain "facts" to prove your point and leaving all others out.

That is not objective or factual.

The fact is Toskala hasn't proven yet that he has what it takes to be a good number 1 goalie yet. He just doesn't have the skills to play day in and day out and bounce back from a bad game and play 4 spectacular games.. he does just the opposite, he plays 4 bad games then plays 1 good game. He's a give up goalie, As a goalie I know to be a good goalie you need to forget about your mistakes and focus on the rest of the game, don't worry about your problems off the ice and focus on your game. He doesn't do that, and it shows.

yeah Backstrom and Lundqvist are up there too. I forgot about them. Thomas has been great for more than just this season. And when I mentioned best goalies I was talking about this season, not of all time.

I just posted ALL the games Cujo had to replace Toskala and most of the games Toskala should have been pulled but if you want all the games from Cujo, Gerber and Pogge I can do that too... I wont post the games Cujo replace Toskala simply because I already did that.

Cujo
Oct 18 against Pittsburgh allowed 4 goals in 25 shots, should have been pulled

November 2 against Carolina allowed 5 goals in 29 shots, should have been pulled

November 25 against Atlanta allowed 6 goals in 30 shots, should have been pulled

December 30 against Atlanta allowed 3 goals in 32 shots, won 4-3

January 1 against Buffalo allowed 4 goals in 20 shots

February 28 against Ottawa allowed 3 goals in 32 shots won 4-3

March 9 against Ottawa allowed 2 goals in 26 shots

March 17 against Tampa Bay allowed 3 goals in 22 shots won 4-3 in a shootout allowing only one out of 6 shootout attempts

March 24 against Washington. played 6 minutes after Gerber was kicked out of the game. stopped 9 out of 9 shots. and stopped all three shootout attempts got the win Leafs won 3-2 in shootout

March 27 against Buffalo. first horrible game of the season... played 24 minutes allowed 4 goals in 9 shots

March 28 against Boston. replaced Pogge. played 26 minutes allowed 1 goal out of 11 shots

Pogge
December 22 against Atlanta, allowed 2 goals in 21 shots, won 6-2

January 27 against Minnesota, allowed 6 goals in 21 shots

February 4 against Buffalo, allowed 5 goals in 32 shots

February 17 against Buffalo, allowed 4 goals in 30 shots

February 19 against Columbus, allowed 3 goals in 34 shots and allowed 2 goals out of 2 shootout attempts. lost 4-3 in Shootout

March 27 against Buffalo, replace Cujo, played 35 minutes allowed 1 goal in 15 shots

March 28 against Boston, started game, played 34 minutes allowed 6 goals in 20 shots

Gerber
as a Senator
October 4 against Pittsburgh, allowed 4 goals in 30 shots overtime loss

October 11 against Detroit, allowed 3 goals in 41 shots

October 17 against Phoenix, allowed 3 goals in 37 shots won 6-3

October 18 against Boston, allowed 4 goals in 27 shots

October 22 against Florida, allowed 3 goals in 21 shots

November 7 against Carolina, allowed 2 goals in 30 shots

December 10 against Chicago, allowed 1 goal in 29 shots

December 13 against Tampa Bay, stopped 24 out of 24 shots won 2-0 shutout

December 16 against Atlanta, allowed 3 goals in 34 shots

December 20 against Dallas, allowed 4 goals in 29 shots won 5-4

December 28 against Vancouver, allowed 3 goals in 32 shots

December 30 against Edmonton, allowed 2 goals in 22 shots won 3-2

January 3 against Toronto, allowed 3 goals in 30 shots

January 8 against Boston, allowed 5 goals in 21 shots

As a Leaf
March 5 against Washington, allowed 1 goal in 38 shots won 2-1

March 7 against Edmonton, allowed 3 goals in 17 shots

March 10 against NYI, allowed 2 goals in 30 shots won 3-2

March 12 against Tampa Bay, allowed 4 goals in 30 shots

March 14 against Calgary, allowed 6 goals in 35 shots, won 8-6

March 19 against Florida, allowed 3 goals in 43 shots

March 21 against Montreal, allowed 2 goals in 28 shots, won 5-2

March 24 against Washington, played 59 minutes before getting tossed out of the game.. allowed 2 goals in 36 shots
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2009 :  22:33:48  Show Profile
therefore Gerber has actually had the best season out of all goaltenders that have suited up in a Leafs Jersey this season including his Ottawas days this year..

Cujo was the 2nd best sure he looked like he had bad games because of his numbers but he didn't allow weak goals except for the March 27 game against Buffalo but has shown all season long that he can bounce back from a rough game and play awesome the next game.

Toskala had a good October but that was it the rest of the season he couldn't stop a beach ball if it was handed to him. Can't bounce back from a bad goal or a bad game. Not ready for a number one job..

Pogge. Not NHL ready

Those are the facts from the facts I have shown you in the last couple days

Edited by - hanley6 on 03/28/2009 22:45:02
Go to Top of Page

Guest4249
( )

Posted - 03/29/2009 :  11:29:05
quote:

<unnecessary stats here>

I just posted ALL the games Cujo had to replace Toskala and most of the games Toskala should have been pulled but if you want all the games from Cujo, Gerber and Pogge I can do that too... I wont post the games Cujo replace Toskala simply because I already did that.

<unnecessary stats here>

Wow. What a complete waste of time.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4809
( )

Posted - 03/29/2009 :  12:22:19
Hanley,

This post asked if Toskala was a good goalie on a bad team or vice versa....well if you look at the stats from Toskala's last 6 years in the NHL he has not been above a 3.00 GAA until this year and his S% has not been below .900 until this year. I would also say that Torontos defense has had some issues this year as well due to injuries so would it not be logical to assume that Toskala's numbers are down in large part to a weakened team. I am not saying that Toskala never makes a mistake but you cannot blame him for a poor year by the team.
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2009 :  15:54:23  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4809

Hanley,

This post asked if Toskala was a good goalie on a bad team or vice versa....well if you look at the stats from Toskala's last 6 years in the NHL he has not been above a 3.00 GAA until this year and his S% has not been below .900 until this year. I would also say that Torontos defense has had some issues this year as well due to injuries so would it not be logical to assume that Toskala's numbers are down in large part to a weakened team. I am not saying that Toskala never makes a mistake but you cannot blame him for a poor year by the team.

I've already commented on this... anyone goalie can look good playing for San Jose... Gerber and Cujo are playing better hockey for Toronto now than Toskala has, that's with a weaker team than what Toskala had all season. So you can't say its because he plays for a weak team because Gerber and Cujo are proving that theory wrong.
Go to Top of Page

Thrasher
Rookie

Canada
155 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2009 :  17:41:32  Show Profile
quote:

quote:

Hanley,

I've already commented on this... anyone goalie can look good playing for San Jose... Gerber and Cujo are playing better hockey for Toronto now than Toskala has, that's with a weaker team than what Toskala had all season. So you can't say its because he plays for a weak team because Gerber and Cujo are proving that theory wrong.

Alright, first things first. What is this garbage about San Jose? Its not like people don't shoot as hard against them as they do against Toronto. And then you saying Toronto is a good team completely contradicts your argument. Your saying that Toronto is a good playoff team, but Toskala ruined them. But then your case against San Jose shouldn't be an issue. How did they make it to the playoffs with him in net? Reason? He is a good goalie. Any goalie would struggle if the defense was as suspect as Toronto's. Nothing against Marty or Loungo, but if they were in net for Toronto, there stats would not be where they are. The problems for Toronto are front to back, but not in the crease.

Second of all, Gerber has played what, 8 games? Not sure if thats right, but hardly enough to say he is proving your argument. Cujo? Hanley, opinion is important, but STATS AND FACTS needs to back them up if your going to state them so confidently.

quote:

The fact is Toskala hasn't proven yet that he has what it takes to be a good number 1 goalie yet. He just doesn't have the skills to play day in and day out and bounce back from a bad game and play 4 spectacular games.. he does just the opposite, he plays 4 bad games then plays 1 good game. He's a give up goalie, As a goalie I know to be a good goalie you need to forget about your mistakes and focus on the rest of the game, don't worry about your problems off the ice and focus on your game. He doesn't do that, and it shows.

Just because you say the fact is before your statement, it doesn't make it a fact. I'm not here to argue about your improper use of the word, but i am here to argue pro Toskala. Toskala may not be the best goalie in the league, no one here is saying he is. But he is a number one goalie. He has been hampered with injury this season(which i just found out like 3 weeks ago). So taken that into account, he was doing fine. Hopefully next couple of seasons if Toskala stays there, with a rebuilding team with a better defensive core, he will prove to you that he is legit.

I Promise I didn't give her the STD, I'm not a sharing person.
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2009 :  01:11:36  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Thrasher

quote:

quote:

Hanley,

Alright, first things first. What is this garbage about San Jose? Its not like people don't shoot as hard against them as they do against Toronto. And then you saying Toronto is a good team completely contradicts your argument. Your saying that Toronto is a good playoff team, but Toskala ruined them. But then your case against San Jose shouldn't be an issue. How did they make it to the playoffs with him in net? Reason? He is a good goalie. Any goalie would struggle if the defense was as suspect as Toronto's. Nothing against Marty or Loungo, but if they were in net for Toronto, there stats would not be where they are. The problems for Toronto are front to back, but not in the crease.

Second of all, Gerber has played what, 8 games? Not sure if thats right, but hardly enough to say he is proving your argument. Cujo? Hanley, opinion is important, but STATS AND FACTS needs to back them up if your going to state them so confidently.

quote:

Just because you say the fact is before your statement, it doesn't make it a fact. I'm not here to argue about your improper use of the word, but i am here to argue pro Toskala. Toskala may not be the best goalie in the league, no one here is saying he is. But he is a number one goalie. He has been hampered with injury this season(which i just found out like 3 weeks ago). So taken that into account, he was doing fine. Hopefully next couple of seasons if Toskala stays there, with a rebuilding team with a better defensive core, he will prove to you that he is legit.

The reason why San Jose made the playoffs is because they have the strongest team in the NHL. San Jose has the ability to make any goalie look good. Just like Detroit has the ability to make Osgood look good.

what you said about Gerber... 8 games and Cujo's 5 performances after the deadline have been much better statistics for the Leafs. And your argument stating opinion is important, but STATS AND FACTS needs to back them up if your going to state them so confidently. The truth is Cujo has been a lot more solid than Toskala may not look that way under the stats category but as far as positioning and view of the puck, being able to stop the puck and not allow so many weak goals Cujo is the better goalie. As far as the stats go a huge part of that is the less minutes you play the more it counts against you if you allow a goal on your goals against average. Another thing when you don't get a chance to play in game situation for a couple weeks you're not going too look too good.. Cujo has looked good this year under the circumstances...

I hope he goes to LA or something, you'll see he'll become backup to Quick pretty quick. For Toronto's sake for the better of Toronto I hope Toronto just buys off his remaining contract and let him hit the free agent market. It's the best thing Toronto could do if they want to make the playoffs. Gerber and Joseph have helped Toronto get closer so far as together they both have a better record than Toskala since the trade deadline... As for Toskalas injuries, sounds like a big excuse to me, his MRI said he was fine, nothing torn or anything. But yeah he's having a really bad season all season long so he better go for surgery, yeah good one Toskala...
Go to Top of Page

Guest8228
( )

Posted - 03/30/2009 :  08:05:46
quote:

The reason why San Jose made the playoffs is because they have the strongest team in the NHL. San Jose has the ability to make any goalie look good. Just like Detroit has the ability to make Osgood look good.

what you said about Gerber... 8 games and Cujo's 5 performances after the deadline have been much better statistics for the Leafs. And your argument stating opinion is important, but STATS AND FACTS needs to back them up if your going to state them so confidently. The truth is Cujo has been a lot more solid than Toskala may not look that way under the stats category but as far as positioning and view of the puck, being able to stop the puck and not allow so many weak goals Cujo is the better goalie. As far as the stats go a huge part of that is the less minutes you play the more it counts against you if you allow a goal on your goals against average. Another thing when you don't get a chance to play in game situation for a couple weeks you're not going too look too good.. Cujo has looked good this year under the circumstances...

I hope he goes to LA or something, you'll see he'll become backup to Quick pretty quick. For Toronto's sake for the better of Toronto I hope Toronto just buys off his remaining contract and let him hit the free agent market. It's the best thing Toronto could do if they want to make the playoffs. Gerber and Joseph have helped Toronto get closer so far as together they both have a better record than Toskala since the trade deadline... As for Toskalas injuries, sounds like a big excuse to me, his MRI said he was fine, nothing torn or anything. But yeah he's having a really bad season all season long so he better go for surgery, yeah good one Toskala...

Worthless drivel.....especially since you praise Nabokov, a career Shark who finished the '06 season with an .885 save percentage.

Your arguments are worthless hanley. Worthless.
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2009 :  08:54:58  Show Profile
Cujo is swiss cheese, did you watch that game against buffalo on friday? jeeez

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Go to Top of Page

Thrasher
Rookie

Canada
155 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2009 :  17:49:37  Show Profile
quote:
what you said about Gerber... 8 games and Cujo's 5 performances after the deadline have been much better statistics for the Leafs. And your argument stating opinion is important, but STATS AND FACTS needs to back them up if your going to state them so confidently. The truth is Cujo has been a lot more solid than Toskala may not look that way under the stats category but as far as positioning and view of the puck, being able to stop the puck and not allow so many weak goals Cujo is the better goalie. As far as the stats go a huge part of that is the less minutes you play the more it counts against you if you allow a goal on your goals against average.

Exactly my point. Cujo has worse stats, but yet you still claim he is better? Im confused. You say Cujo see's the puck better? Well i would rather have a blind flailer stopping the puck then a hawk visioned goaltender who watches the puck go into the net. Toronto has a WINNING record with Toskala and a LOSING record with Cujo. Just admit your a Cujo fan. This is not even an argument. Ask any single GM in the NHL, and unless he is Don Waddel, he picks Toskala. I value their opinion more than yours (no offence).

What is this garbage about less playing time means worse stats? Trash. If Cujo almost never plays, then he should almost no goals against. A consistent goalie would not have this problem. So just because Kipper has played so many games, he has good stats? Your logic confuses me.

Cujo is old. No one can deny that. He was once a very good goaltender, but now hes not the same. He still has a couple games in him, but in no way can he be the go to guy. His heroic finish to the Washington game was quite entertaining and impressive, but he cannot do that back to back basis. Any argument against that is just pure stupidity.

Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2009 :  22:21:25  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Roberts85

wow one game, like toskala has done all season... At least Joseph can snap back from a bad game and play great the next day... Toskala can't snap out of it he lack confidence in himself, he doesn't care about his team, and he is lazy. He needs to go. It's not worth keeping him on the Leafs. It's not fare for the Leafs to have Toskala in net... The Leafs are playing better now and it's 100% because they don't have Toskala in goal

Edited by - hanley6 on 03/30/2009 23:29:11
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2009 :  23:24:47  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8228

quote:

Worthless drivel.....especially since you praise Nabokov, a career Shark who finished the '06 season with an .885 save percentage.

San Jose kept Nabokov because he is the better goalie
Go to Top of Page

Guest8228
( )

Posted - 03/31/2009 :  04:33:39
quote:

quote:

wow one game, like toskala has done all season... At least Joseph can snap back from a bad game and play great the next day... Toskala can't snap out of it he lack confidence in himself, he doesn't care about his team, and he is lazy. He needs to go. It's not worth keeping him on the Leafs. It's not fare for the Leafs to have Toskala in net... The Leafs are playing better now and it's 100% because they don't have Toskala in goal

Worthless....
Go to Top of Page

Guest8228
( )

Posted - 03/31/2009 :  04:35:04
quote:

quote:

quote:

San Jose kept Nabokov because he is the better goalie

Useless...
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  15:26:42  Show Profile
quote:

quote:

quote:

Worthless....

worthless or useless is that all you know how to say?? At least I can speak my mind and the truth. all you can say is worthless
Go to Top of Page

Guest4249
( )

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  15:51:52
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Worthless....

worthless or useless is that all you know how to say?? At least I can speak my mind and the truth. all you can say is worthless

[ content removed - personal attack ] Your posts contain little to no truth. They are plain useless to everyone who reads them. You avoid every post that you have no answer for, which is well into double digits now. Other times, you FLAT OUT LIE and pretend that it's true.

If I told you the sun is hot, you'd say, "no it's not" and just go on like it's a fact. Then you'd follow up about how you proved the sun wasn't hot by saying, "the sun isn't hot".

This thread continues to have NOTHING to do with Cujo, yet you incessantly talk about him. You clearly have a problem well beyond the game play of Toskala, so you're taking it out here. Did you buy his rookie card and it lost value? Did you ask him for an autograph and he refused? It's ok. You don't have to be ashamed.

At this moment, EVERYONE ELSE who has read any of the aforementioned posts knows exactly how you're going to reply. Exactly. Each one of them just laughed as they read this too.

[ content removed - personal attack ]

Edited by - n/a on 04/02/2009 04:28:09
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  16:56:48  Show Profile
Alright folks, let's remember this is about arguing the opinions, not the people. This thread has been very active since the start and I would hate to see it locked because of people getting personal.

Let's keep it on topic please.

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  04:32:28  Show Profile
Personal attacks not allowed, let's be nice, boys.

If you feel that discussion is useless with a poster, or if you feel that their opinion is of no value - then why continue the thread by answering? Ignore the posters and discussions you don't care for; it's quite simple, really.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Reeder17
Rookie

Canada
112 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  04:38:43  Show Profile
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Worthless....

[ content removed - personal attack ] Your posts contain little to no truth. They are plain useless to everyone who reads them. You avoid every post that you have no answer for, which is well into double digits now. Other times, you FLAT OUT LIE and pretend that it's true.

If I told you the sun is hot, you'd say, "no it's not" and just go on like it's a fact. Then you'd follow up about how you proved the sun wasn't hot by saying, "the sun isn't hot".

This thread continues to have NOTHING to do with Cujo, yet you incessantly talk about him. You clearly have a problem well beyond the game play of Toskala, so you're taking it out here. Did you buy his rookie card and it lost value? Did you ask him for an autograph and he refused? It's ok. You don't have to be ashamed.

At this moment, EVERYONE ELSE who has read any of the aforementioned posts knows exactly how you're going to reply. Exactly. Each one of them just laughed as they read this too.

Crosby is not the Lord & Savior of the NHL, get over yourself McGuire.

Gretzky has never once high-sticked a member of the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Go to Top of Page

Reeder17
Rookie

Canada
112 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  04:39:25  Show Profile
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Worthless....

Thank you!!!

Someone had to say this and put Hanley in his place.
I don't like personal attacks..but it had to be done.

Go to Top of Page

Guest8228
( )

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  07:07:34
Toskala is the best goalie in the league. He's better than everyone. All other goalies are inferior. They all try to learn from him but can't do what he has the ability to do. He's amazing...... Amazing. That is a fact. Not a misguided opinion, but a fact.

He RULES!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  11:55:06  Show Profile
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Worthless....

I see you tried making personal attacks haha, thats all you can resort to eh? I'm too much for ya lmao, thats good I like getting under peoples skin sometimes... my posts contain little to no truth eh? I haven't seen any proof that Toskala can do anything to benefit the Leafs as a number 1 goalie and that is true. I truly believe he has no skill at all to be a number 1 goalie for any team. I don't avoid posts because I don't have an answer, I avoid certain posts so I don't resort to your low and putting people down with personal attacks, that's uncalled for little buddy haha and a little childish.

I know the sun is hot little buddy so don't try to make up that you know me cause it's obvious you don't.. I call it as i see it. I've shown facts that Toskala sucks, and not just by saying he sucks, but stats isn't everything to look at, its not my fault alot of people on here don't watch the games in order to see all the bad plays and easy/soft goals Toskala allows on a daily basis.

The reason why I talk about Cujo if you pay attention at all was to show how the Leafs are better off with Cujo and Gerber than they were with Toskala... Which is again TRUE... my problem with Toskala is his lack of heart and loyalty to the team, he's lazy and doesn't seem to care about the game. He doesn't even try in practice or games, he has a bad attitude.

I have a strong feeling when Burke said something about getting rid of people or buying off contracts if people don't perform, I believe he was partially talking about Toksala. I do know Wilson and Burke have been very unhappy with his play all season long.

As for you reeder no one has put me in my place. For I am a strong believer in the truth and what I see. No one will be able to convince me that Toskala is good enough to be a number 1 goalie, except for Toskala, but he has to prove himself first, which he hasn't done... he's 31 now and in his prime,,, being in his prime he is playing horrible. I don't see a bright future in Toskala

Edited by - hanley6 on 04/02/2009 11:59:28
Go to Top of Page

Guest8116
( )

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  12:20:50
STOP CALLING EVERYONE LITTLE BUDDY

ok buddy
Go to Top of Page

Guest8228
( )

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  13:05:40
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Worthless....

I see you tried making personal attacks haha, thats all you can resort to eh? I'm too much for ya lmao, thats good I like getting under peoples skin sometimes... my posts contain little to no truth eh? I haven't seen any proof that Toskala can do anything to benefit the Leafs as a number 1 goalie and that is true. I truly believe he has no skill at all to be a number 1 goalie for any team. I don't avoid posts because I don't have an answer, I avoid certain posts so I don't resort to your low and putting people down with personal attacks, that's uncalled for little buddy haha and a little childish.

I know the sun is hot little buddy so don't try to make up that you know me cause it's obvious you don't.. I call it as i see it. I've shown facts that Toskala sucks, and not just by saying he sucks, but stats isn't everything to look at, its not my fault alot of people on here don't watch the games in order to see all the bad plays and easy/soft goals Toskala allows on a daily basis.

The reason why I talk about Cujo if you pay attention at all was to show how the Leafs are better off with Cujo and Gerber than they were with Toskala... Which is again TRUE... my problem with Toskala is his lack of heart and loyalty to the team, he's lazy and doesn't seem to care about the game. He doesn't even try in practice or games, he has a bad attitude.

I have a strong feeling when Burke said something about getting rid of people or buying off contracts if people don't perform, I believe he was partially talking about Toksala. I do know Wilson and Burke have been very unhappy with his play all season long.

As for you reeder no one has put me in my place. For I am a strong believer in the truth and what I see. No one will be able to convince me that Toskala is good enough to be a number 1 goalie, except for Toskala, but he has to prove himself first, which he hasn't done... he's 31 now and in his prime,,, being in his prime he is playing horrible. I don't see a bright future in Toskala

Toskala is the best. He could be the greatest of all time. He's always in position to make great saves and work hard.

It's too bad he's hurt or the Leafs would be in the playoffs.
Go to Top of Page

Thrasher
Rookie

Canada
155 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  18:16:13  Show Profile
quote:
I haven't seen any proof that Toskala can do anything to benefit the Leafs as a number 1 goalie and that is true. I truly believe he has no skill at all to be a number 1 goalie for any team.

Winning record anyone? They can win with him in net, unlike Cujo, or Pogge. Is there a different level of skill between number one goalies and number two goalies? Perhaps. Depends on the team i guess. Looking at the depth of Torontos goaltending, i would say he definately has the skill to be number one. Again, opinion is important and we all thank you Hanley for making this such a spirited topic, but no one is going to all of a sudden switch and join your side. Again, there is no absolute right or wrong answer, but when everyone is voicing there opinion against you, perhaps its time to take a look at the other side of the argument.

quote:
Which is again TRUE... my problem with Toskala is his lack of heart and loyalty to the team, he's lazy and doesn't seem to care about the game. He doesn't even try in practice or games, he has a bad attitude.

Please don't tell me you go and watch the Leafs practices Hanley. There is a line between crazy fan and person being taken away in a straight jacket. Questioning anyones heart in the NHL is dumb. They all want to be there, they all want to win or they wouldn't be there. Some make it more obvious (ovechkin and Crosby) and others don't. Just because he is soft spoken and doesn't run his mouth in front of a camera doesn't mean he has no desire to win.

quote:

How do you know that they have been unhappy with his play? Actually, by him playing so much, it would seem they enjoy winning. Burke wants Toskala to be apart of the rebuilding process. When Toskala elected to have the surgery, Burke wanted him to go through with it because he knew they weren't making the playoffs, so get your NUMBER 1 goalie healthy and ready for next season.

quote:

What exactly would Toskala have to do to prove to you he is a number one goalie? Many fans would be happy that their number one goalie is winning them games, but it seems not to satisfy you. As an Atlanta fan, i could never complain about a goaltender winning us games. But perhaps thats why its everyone vs the Leafs fans, they never seem to be happy with what they have. Stereotyping i know, but i have no other explanation, because they sure don't hate you because their winning.

Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  23:20:05  Show Profile
quote:
Winning record anyone? They can win with him in net, unlike Cujo, or Pogge. Is there a different level of skill between number one goalies and number two goalies? Perhaps. Depends on the team i guess. Looking at the depth of Torontos goaltending, i would say he definately has the skill to be number one. Again, opinion is important and we all thank you Hanley for making this such a spirited topic, but no one is going to all of a sudden switch and join your side. Again, there is no absolute right or wrong answer, but when everyone is voicing there opinion against you, perhaps its time to take a look at the other side of the argument.

Toskala has a losing record as a Leaf, overtime loss is still a loss little buddy... out of 119 games as a Leaf he only has 55 wins, that's not good... 2 of Cujo's losses this year were Toskala's fault allowing at least 4 goals and Cujo allows 1 and ends up with the loss, check it out if you don't believe me.. As of late Cujo and Gerber win more than Toskala. And what you said about Pogge, he's not NHL ready.. Don't be blaming Toronto's defense on Toskala's poor play this year, because since he's been out Toronto has a much better record with Gerber and Cujo due to better goaltending.. you cant deny that. next year "IF" Toronto keeps Toskala skill wise I think he should be Gerbers back up.. Gerber has more skill and he a more reliable goalie that's for sure. But with Toskala making $4 Million next year I think Toronto's best bet would be to either place him on waivers or buy off his contract. I am not the only one that knows Toronto is better off without Toskala. I know plenty of people that can't stand his performance and this is the only site that seems to really stick up for the guy...

quote:
Please don't tell me you go and watch the Leafs practices Hanley. There is a line between crazy fan and person being taken away in a straight jacket. Questioning anyones heart in the NHL is dumb. They all want to be there, they all want to win or they wouldn't be there. Some make it more obvious (ovechkin and Crosby) and others don't. Just because he is soft spoken and doesn't run his mouth in front of a camera doesn't mean he has no desire to win.

No I dont't go and watch the Leafs practice.. read these http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/02/05/toskala_burke_criticism/
http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/postedsports/archive/2009/02/18/curtis-joseph-is-not-a-lazy-leaf.aspx
Toskala Shows he has no heart in his game play, he doesn't do anything, doesn't try to stop the puck just goes down on his knees before the player even makes a move and doesn't attempt to make a save, that shows no heart, laziness, no loyalty.

quote:
How do you know that they have been unhappy with his play? Actually, by him playing so much, it would seem they enjoy winning. Burke wants Toskala to be apart of the rebuilding process. When Toskala elected to have the surgery, Burke wanted him to go through with it because he knew they weren't making the playoffs, so get your NUMBER 1 goalie healthy and ready for next season.

here is some more proof that Burke and Wilson are unhappy with Toskala... http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20090206.leafs07/GSStory/GlobeSportsHockey/Thrashers/
Toskala may not even be a Leaf next season...

quote:
What exactly would Toskala have to do to prove to you he is a number one goalie? Many fans would be happy that their number one goalie is winning them games, but it seems not to satisfy you. As an Atlanta fan, i could never complain about a goaltender winning us games. But perhaps thats why its everyone vs the Leafs fans, they never seem to be happy with what they have. Stereotyping i know, but i have no other explanation, because they sure don't hate you because their winning.

Toskala would have to perform well, Stop the puck and don't allow so many easy goals on a daily bases... 175 foot shots should never go in ever with a goalie in front of the net. More good games than bad games would help instead of maybe 1 decent game in 6 games, thats pathetic. about being an Atlanta fan and not complaining about a goalie winning games.. I never complain about The Leafs winning ever, I love it when they win.. But both of Atlanta's goalies Lehtonen and Hedberg are both better than Toskala I would take either one over Toskala any day... Toskala is losing goaltender not a winning goaltender, he has a losing record as a number 1 goalie. He just can't handle the job... If You cant handle the pressure as a number 1 goalie, then he shouldn't be a number 1 goalie... Leafs fans are never happy with what they have?? We are used to having great goaltending Felix Potvin, Curtis Joseph, Ed Belfour all great goalies.. I was when they picked up Raycroft and then Toskala which the fault on both of them should be blamed on John Ferguson Jr. The guy tried to ruin Toronto and succeeded. The guy doesn't even like the Leafs (he's a Habs fan) thats why he never did anything good for the Leafs ever.. The best thing that ever happened to the Leafs They got rid of JFJ next step should be get rid of Toskala

Edited by - hanley6 on 04/02/2009 23:33:24
Go to Top of Page

Thrasher
Rookie

Canada
155 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  00:01:59  Show Profile
quote:
Toskala has a losing record as a Leaf, overtime loss is still a loss little buddy

True, but he is still getting the Leafs points. Complaining about that?

quote:
http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/postedsports/archive/2009/02/18/curtis-joseph-is-not-a-lazy-leaf.aspx

WTF? What did that have to say about anything your arguing?

quote:
Toskala would have to perform well, Stop the puck and don't allow so many easy goals on a daily bases

What about the rest of the team performing well. The Leafs are a garbage team, i wish you could see. Jason Blake, not saying he is a bad player, but he cannot be your best. THE DEFENSE ARE TERRIBLE. Blame Toskala all you want about easy shots going in, but easy breakaways or easy chances are inexusable. Every goalie lets in a bad goal now and again, even Marty. I will admit you are one of the most loyal fans i've ever met, but honestly. This is getting ridiculus. You can't see the numerous other problems your team has. They are not a playoff team. Everyone knew that going into the season, and look where they are. They traded away players for DRAFT PICKS. That means they are looking to make their team better in the future. Hanley, i admire your determination but you need to look past your hatred of Toskala and blame all the players for this lackluster season.

Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  00:35:31  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Thrasher

quote:
Toskala has a losing record as a Leaf, overtime loss is still a loss little buddy

True, but he is still getting the Leafs points. Complaining about that?

quote:

WTF? What did that have to say about anything your arguing?

quote:
Toskala would have to perform well, Stop the puck and don't allow so many easy goals on a daily bases

What about the rest of the team performing well. The Leafs are a garbage team, i wish you could see. Jason Blake, not saying he is a bad player, but he cannot be your best. THE DEFENSE ARE TERRIBLE. Blame Toskala all you want about easy shots going in, but easy breakaways or easy chances are inexusable. Every goalie lets in a bad goal now and again, even Marty. I will admit you are one of the most loyal fans i've ever met, but honestly. This is getting ridiculus. You can't see the numerous other problems your team has. They are not a playoff team. Everyone knew that going into the season, and look where they are. They traded away players for DRAFT PICKS. That means they are looking to make their team better in the future. Hanley, i admire your determination but you need to look past your hatred of Toskala and blame all the players for this lackluster season.

I'm not complaining about the Leafs getting points at all never will the more the better.... I complaining about Toskala and his lack of skills, constantly allowing easy goals every game and not performing. Gerber and Joseph have been performing alot better.. and Toskala's points per game average all season is not as good as it is with out him.

that link that you asked me what it had to say about anything I have argued I've mentioned this before Toskala' fake injury, The MRI showed NOTHING wrong with him

your whole theory on Toskala isn't performing well because the Leafs suck is crap.. Again proven by Cujo and Gerber with even weaker players now than before the deadline and the Leafs are playing great and it helps that they have good goaltending now... Toskala drained Toronto, Gerber and Joseph having been picking up the slack and gaining more points in less games than what Toskala could.. On numerous occasions Toronto had a lead by 2 or 3 goals and Toskala blew it in the last 5 minutes losing in either regulation or losing in overtime.

Edited by - hanley6 on 04/03/2009 00:50:31
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  04:53:40  Show Profile
DNFTT - Do Not Feed The Trolls

Troll (Wikipedia) - An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

Edited by - n/a on 04/03/2009 04:54:20
Go to Top of Page

Guest8228
( )

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  08:15:12
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

DNFTT - Do Not Feed The Trolls

Troll (Wikipedia) - An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

Why don't you see the BIG RED INK on page 5 and talk to your buddy Beans about this.....

I tried to end it - twice. As a Moderator, why don't you do something about it since you've clearly acknowledged the problem?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  09:23:30  Show Profile
Guest 8228 - Why don't you stop feeding the trolls by listening to my advice? The continuation of posts in a thread KEEPS THE THREAD GOING; this should be obvious to even the most easily trolled posters.

I would have hoped my last post here would have stopped the hilariously ironic posts complaining about the thread . . . but clearly, some people just don't get it.

As a moderator, I have tried to help people like you, by explaining the way a troll works, and what continues a thread that many may consider pointless. If you are unclear on site policy and procedure, and what moderators here are supposed to do, I suggest you re-read the site guidelines.

Edited by - n/a on 04/03/2009 09:23:58
Go to Top of Page

Guest8228
( )

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  11:38:55
quote:

Guest 8228 - Why don't you stop feeding the trolls by listening to my advice? The continuation of posts in a thread KEEPS THE THREAD GOING; this should be obvious to even the most easily trolled posters.

I would have hoped my last post here would have stopped the hilariously ironic posts complaining about the thread . . . but clearly, some people just don't get it.

As a moderator, I have tried to help people like you, by explaining the way a troll works, and what continues a thread that many may consider pointless. If you are unclear on site policy and procedure, and what moderators here are supposed to do, I suggest you re-read the site guidelines.

No, I guess I'll just start trolling myself. *sigh*
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  14:47:29  Show Profile
quote:

exactly, if people don't like this tread then its simple fix just don't read it
Go to Top of Page

Guest4249
( )

Posted - 04/04/2009 :  09:39:07
quote:

quote:

exactly, if people don't like this tread then its simple fix just don't read it

What's great is that you've now, if not sooner, lost all credibility on these forums. :)
Go to Top of Page

DangleFest89
Rookie

122 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2009 :  13:15:21  Show Profile
this thread is fun to read so many stats and facts against 1 person who can't just admit hes wrong
Go to Top of Page

Reeder17
Rookie

Canada
112 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2009 :  17:04:06  Show Profile
Wowie!!
Gerber and Cujo just played solid against Philly eh Hanley?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page