Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Leafs all da way! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

nick 08
Top Prospect

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2006 :  18:57:04  Show Profile
this is for all those leafs fans

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2006 :  21:27:50  Show Profile
I'm a converted Leaf fan, now the most avid Sharks fan outside of CA. I got one thing to say to you bro...

GIVE IT UP!!! THE LEAFS WILL NEVER WIN UNDER JOHN FERGUSON JR.
Go to Top of Page

Ripley
PickupHockey Pro

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2006 :  12:30:49  Show Profile
Leafs suck!
Go to Top of Page

slapshot
Rookie

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2006 :  08:43:10  Show Profile
Wow, thanks for your insight Ripley.

I am in agreement with bablaboushka. The Leafs made a terrible mistake by putting Ferguson in charge. Its not like the old days of the 80's where ownership cheaped out on players. Current Leafs ownership is willing to spend to the cap limit - it is just that the person in charge (Ferguson) is a chump and has no idea of how to put together a winner.

nick 08, are you a Leafs fan or another basher like all of us?

Go to Top of Page

Ripley
PickupHockey Pro

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2006 :  22:44:00  Show Profile
Toronto Maple Leafs still suck.
Go to Top of Page

goalzilla
Top Prospect

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2006 :  21:12:12  Show Profile
Leafs suck indeed.

Typical Leafs fan....

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/hockeyfan4life/post-4-1078232167.jpg[/IMG]

And for no reason...here's some other pics.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/hockeyfan4life/GOSENSGO_THB.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/hockeyfan4life/601934ed.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/hockeyfan4life/Three_cheap_shot_artists.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/hockeyfan4life/0be635ae.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/hockeyfan4life/jackandbelak.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/hockeyfan4life/27d13c8a.jpg[/IMG]

All in fun boys...all in good fun.

Go to Top of Page

blade
Rookie

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2006 :  16:37:25  Show Profile
That is hilarious! I'm not very sure the leafs have much of a chance this year. They just don't seem strong in any area. They barely seem adequate.

Go to Top of Page

pucker
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
398 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2006 :  10:00:54  Show Profile
Great pics. I agree the Leafs may be in tough this year. Although with Maurice behind the bench, and more ice time for Mats, they could surprise us.

Go to Top of Page

Myles06-07
Top Prospect

91 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2006 :  19:24:56  Show Profile
Leafs...
Leafs...
Suck...
Go to Top of Page

ultimatetitman
Rookie

Canada
244 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2006 :  16:10:03  Show Profile
Objectively, I don't really hate the Leafs. I don't really even hate Toronto. I just hate the media and the way they portray the city and the team.
CBC is the biggest bunch of homers north of the border, and TSN is not a whole lot better. I won't even mention Sportsnet, The Score, etc etc. Once they realize that there is a Canada outside of the Great Lakes, I'll maybe root for a Toronto team.
Go Canucks go !
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2006 :  17:10:17  Show Profile
Well if you're smart enough to realize that these media outlets show such a strong geographical bias towards Toronto, then shouldn't you be able to watch these broadcasts with the ability to ignore the bias? Sure it's hard to ignore because it's so strong but if you are so capable of being objective, then you should be able to cheer for a Toronto team for your own educated reasons.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4044
( )

Posted - 11/07/2006 :  20:34:47
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

Well if you're smart enough to realize that these media outlets show such a strong geographical bias towards Toronto, then shouldn't you be able to watch these broadcasts with the ability to ignore the bias? Sure it's hard to ignore because it's so strong but if you are so capable of being objective, then you should be able to cheer for a Toronto team for your own educated reasons.

Get off your high horse mr. "mightier than thou". Are you some sort of super intellect? Do you think that we don't know this? The guy has a good point and just because we have the capabilities to do what you are saying (in a very insulting way) doesn't make the CBC right. I can easily ignore bloodshed in Africa but it's still wrong (ya that was an over-dramatic comparisson)
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2006 :  20:57:09  Show Profile
Wow Mr. Anonymous, you completely misunderstood what I was saying. I'm addressing where he says that he won't cheer for a Toronto team until "they realize that there is a Canada outside of the Great Lakes". Listen, I'm not condoning what the major broadcasters are doing, don't get me wrong. I'm simply pointing out that someone who clearly has the intellect and objectivity (no sarcasm, I'm saying that seriously) to ignore the biases present in our national sports media (which pretty much all happen to be based in Toronto) can and should do so. Seen as he seems to have the aforementioned capability of being objective and impartial, he should, unlike the broadcasters, cheer for the team he wants for the right reasons; whether it be Toronto or not.

To you I say get off your high horse of anonymity and stop acting like the forum martyr. I'd rather not be wrongfully denounced by someone who hides behind a Guest account.
Go to Top of Page

lyall
PickupHockey Pro

360 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2006 :  22:19:59  Show Profile
This is supposed to be a hockey forum, not a phiosaphy deabte, Settle it down guys. Don't get so up tight. But making a post like that as a guest is a pretty cheap shot.

The media is stupid for making Toronto out to be god's gift to hockey. But the are mostly based in Toronto. When you watch your local news who do they portray as the best team?......The home team. I know it's not the same because it's national, but sadly, thats the way it is. Personally I like the Leafs, but they still talk too much about them. Why does everyone hate them so much anyway? Is it really the whole media thing? If so, then that is really sad. I say more people should jump on the "I hate Calgary" bandwagon.
I agree with Babla, if you can see something, you should be able to see past it.
Go to Top of Page

lyall
PickupHockey Pro

360 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2006 :  13:20:35  Show Profile
See. The leafs are good. Stop hating.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2006 :  13:38:41  Show Profile
Lol I don't hate, I was clearing up my point for someone who completely misunderstood me and chose to use negative words against me.

Like I've said plenty of times in this forum, it's all in fun for me.

P.S. There is always room for philosophy in hockey ;)
Go to Top of Page

Guest4664
( )

Posted - 11/15/2006 :  21:17:20
I hate the leafs simply because I hate the fans. Being a Calgarian, but living in eastern canada, I am exposed quite frequently to the arrogance, over-confident Torontonian. Examples of which would be statements of, "I feel like Toronto should win the cup every year because they have the most fans" or a bet with two to one odds that toronto would not win the cup (me taking advantage of this ignorance). The media only increases this feeling that 'Toronto is all that is important'. So why should i give a rats ass about the toronto maple leafs, if through the culmination through media and interaction makes me feel as if they don't give a rats ass about my team?

P.S. Even looking through the eyes of an un-bias viewer, ever since I was young, it was frustrating to watch a team that supported players like Darcy Tucker, would have one of the highest payrolls and do nothing with it, and above all things would play like crap in the playoffs after knocking off another canadian team. There were just better options out there, even within Canada. I mean, who doesn't miss the Quebec Nordiques?
Go to Top of Page

lyall
PickupHockey Pro

360 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2006 :  23:08:35  Show Profile
That's ridiculious. If you live in eastern Canada, you're gunna see more reports on eastern teams. I live in Edmonton & they have more about Calgary then they do Emonton. I even hear more about Vancouver at times. They only Channel that talks too much about Toronto is TSN. Formely known as TORONTO SPORTS NETWORK! Like I said before, you hate a team beacuse of the media, that's really sad. If you're a true fan of hockey you like/dislike a team for the team, the way they play, the players ect. We all know the the people in Toronto think the Leafs are the greastest team that ever lived; but look at any team....Edmonton thinks that the Oilers are the greatest, Calgary the Flames, Ottawa the Sens and so on & so forth. If you don't want to hear about Toronto Then stop watching Toronto based televsion.
And for the arrogant fans...Don't speak so quickly until you look at Calgary fans. I hate to admit it, but Edmonton fans are guilty too. They are all aggrogant & cocky. They love their teams & to them, everyone else is wrong. I am sure it's the same in other cities too, but most people know that Edmonton & Calgary fans are the worst.
Anyway, people can go on hating a team cause of media broadcasting & local fans. Personally I will sit on my couch, grab a beer, watch the game, then decide if I like them or not.

"I hate to advocate alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but they've always worked for me."
Hunter S. Thompson

Edited by - lyall on 11/15/2006 23:23:52
Go to Top of Page

Guest4664
( )

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  00:06:53
First of all, I was referring to the media before I was in eastern canada and how can you say TSN is the only sports station to be biased towards Toronto? Look at CBC and what they broadcast every night.
If you want to make your arguement for "judging a team based on their players". That might be a reason for liking or disliking a team you do not associate with. Rivalries between teams, and more importantly fans, has been a large part of the game since it started. I hate Edmonton Oilers because it's a rivalry, not because I dislike their players. Rivalries are what make the game more enjoyable. At first I was merely frustrated by the media with Toronto and their performance. The interaction between me and their fans has turned them into a rival.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8977
( )

Posted - 11/18/2006 :  15:06:15
Leafs suck ass and nice pics lol goalzilla
Go to Top of Page

Guest9811
( )

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  13:42:18
The Leafs are stronger than in previous years, but I do not think they can make the playoffs still, seriously taking Andrew Raycroft and giving up Tukko Raske? Probably one of the top goalie prospects in exchange for a one season wonder?
Go to Top of Page

spearbelly
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2006 :  21:14:39  Show Profile
[quote]Originally posted by goalzilla

Leafs suck indeed.

Typical Leafs fan....

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/hockeyfan4life/post-4-1078232167.jpg[/IMG]

I wouldn't say "HOT" goalzilla, but the blue hair does bring out your lips('')

]
Go to Top of Page

NAFFAEL
Top Prospect

Canada
14 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2006 :  13:20:58  Show Profile
I have been a leaf fan my whole life and that will never change. I can never see the leafs winning a cup with Mr. Fergeson as GM. I dont think he has made a good trade or decision yet as GM. Fergeson has got to go.
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  20:25:27  Show Profile
How many cups have the Sharks won ?
When do you think they will have a chance ?
When the Leafs win the cup all the band wagoner's will be back...

After all tomorrow is another day...
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  21:33:37  Show Profile
Well the Sharks haven't won yet... Remember they're only an expansion team from 1991. The only younger team to win a Cup is Tampa, who's only a year younger.

It's only a matter of time... And I can't tell you how happy I'll be

Edited by - bablaboushka on 01/14/2007 21:34:34
Go to Top of Page

Ripley
PickupHockey Pro

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  23:13:34  Show Profile
Sharks are good. Leafs are bad. it's simple.
Go to Top of Page

spearbelly
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  01:45:57  Show Profile

The Sharks ARE good but have BAD work ethics when it's HARVEST time.The CRUDE OIL established THAT.
Go to Top of Page

ryschevy1
Rookie

Canada
186 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  08:13:33  Show Profile
Not so much! San Jose was the OILS toughest test in the playoffs until the final. If Roloson wasn't playin so hot at the time, i think the sharks would have gone to the next round. Oh how i wish Rolie would find that form again. San Jose's chances of winning a cup are a lot greater than TO's my friend! Think about it, Michelak, Thornton, Marleau, Nabokov and Toskala VS Sundin, Tucker, Wellwood, Raycroft and Aubin? Get real we all know who'll win here. Also TO hasn't been able to back up all that trash talk since 1967. 4o years of talk and no results!!!

GO OIL!!! YA!!!
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  11:33:43  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by spearbelly

The Sharks ARE good but have BAD work ethics when it's HARVEST time.The CRUDE OIL established THAT.

Excuse me?

Sharks are one of the fastest-skating, hardest-hitting teams in the league. The Oilers took Thornton away and had a hot goalie, that's why they beat them. Marleau still delivered cause he's playoff clutch, but he alone couldn't overcome a flukily hot Roloson.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  14:04:53  Show Profile
I am starting to shake my head at raycroft...Then again the leafs have been spoiled with their goalies since 91 (Fuhr, POTVIN YAAAAAAAA, Cujo and Eddy). So I guess it's about time the had just an average goalie.....I hope Razor can step it up, because he's a great guy (he has a picture of potvin on his mask which makes him even greater!!!!!!).

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

Azeman
Top Prospect

Canada
36 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  14:54:55  Show Profile
the leafs suck. I dont no why everyone likes them so much. I dont like it when people change teams but for the leafs ill make an exception

GO WINGS GO!!!!
Go to Top of Page

ultimatetitman
Rookie

Canada
244 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  15:48:08  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

I am starting to shake my head at raycroft...Then again the leafs have been spoiled with their goalies since 91 (Fuhr, POTVIN YAAAAAAAA, Cujo and Eddy).
I HATE CROSBY

Again with the undeserved hero worship of average goalies on mediocre teams. What did any of those goalies do for you? Sure, they made it to conference finals in '93 and '94 but they were susequently taken out by L.A. (after being up 3 games to 2) and dismantled by Vancouver. None of them took you to the Finals, and most of them were washed up before they even played in Toronto.
Go to Top of Page

Kashmire
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
506 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  16:29:23  Show Profile
Did you see Belfour's performance against Ottawa in 03 I think(not sure). Amazing!
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  16:48:29  Show Profile
hey, ultimateitman, do you even watch hockey? Potvin was solid...cujo got the team back into the playoffs....and ed belfour is one of the all-time greats....You seem to think that it's easy to make the finals.....hmmmmmmmmm........WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

manninm
PickupHockey Pro

USA
347 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2007 :  11:06:32  Show Profile
The notion is that the Leafs already have Pogge waiting in the wings. Granted, I don't agree with trading away ANY prospect for a quick fix, which is what Raycroft was intended to be. I think that's the logic, flawed as it may be. The hope for Leafs fans is Pogge can come in next year and phase out Raycroft, however, judging by his numbers this year, it looks like he needs another year in the A to adjust.
Go to Top of Page

manninm
PickupHockey Pro

USA
347 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2007 :  11:08:33  Show Profile
And as far as the sharks, you're not paying attention if you're discounting them as a serious cup contender. They bring quite the total package every night, speed, scoring, goaltending, and they're pretty darn physical too. They'll have to get through some tough tests in the playoffs, but they're certainly capable of it.
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2007 :  15:34:24  Show Profile
Its pretty funny when people hate on the leafs and don't give a good reason and make themselves look like idiots. Do you hate them because everyone else likes them or because they are more popular then your favourite team. Or is it the Leafs fans that praise their team when they are crap meanwhile your team has the exact same type of fans. Hmm.....puzzeling.

Leafs Pride Forever.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2007 :  17:10:41  Show Profile
The sick thing is outside of Toronto, the Leafs are not popular. Go to any other Canadian Hockey city and TO is not the most popular team. So your arguement works in reverse. Consider that the vast majority of Quebecers are Habs fans and not Leafs fans, as well as the vast majority of the population west of Ontario also dislike the Leafs in favor of their local teams. So, in my humble opinion, there are more people who dislike the Leafs that who like the Leafs. And that's only in Canada. If you consider the Americans, TO is more than likely the most hated hockey team, not the most loved.

If you are under the age of 15, please do some research before you make a post about anything pre-1997.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4944
( )

Posted - 10/16/2007 :  16:02:08
leafs suck s*** look canucks is ballin there in the house go canucks go
[IMG]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/krista1470/leafssuck.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb81/gokartdriver2007/leafscup.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e185/rickshabsrule/1162a8293aaf466683a8921faba1ac4b.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b64/NavjeetBajwa/The%20Canucks/LovetoHate.jpg[/IMG]
Go to Top of Page

Azeman
Top Prospect

Canada
36 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2007 :  20:15:56  Show Profile
its funny its either u love the leafs or you hate them and over 3 quarters of hockey fans hate them

LEAFS SUCK

GO WINGS GO!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4912
( )

Posted - 11/16/2007 :  08:19:35
leafs blow. year after year they are not contenders and havent had a cup capable team since 1993. they have never won in the expansion era and people wonder why the suck? they are simply not a good team and they lack good players. year after year some new guy like stralman or tlusty is supposed to be a sleeper who willl get them over the hump and it never happens. they are not the center of the hockey universe, hearing about them all the time makes me sick.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page