Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Poll - Best overall player in the NHL Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Trevman12
Rookie

Canada
182 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2006 :  16:27:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Who is the BEST OVERALL player in the NHL?

Choices:

S. Niedermayer
Crosby
Jagr
Thornton
Ovechkin
Iginla
Kovalchuk
Kiprusoff

Edited by - Trevman12 on 01/06/2007 20:48:48

Guest2151
( )

Posted - 11/18/2006 :  16:47:28  Reply with Quote
Niedermayer is the bell all around player, for a defenceman , he put up a lot of points, and he plays a great defensive game.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2151
( )

Posted - 11/18/2006 :  16:52:42  Reply with Quote
best*
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2006 :  17:13:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When it comes to overall skill set, I think Jagr is the best.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8977
( )

Posted - 11/19/2006 :  12:31:13  Reply with Quote
None, the only good players are oiler players, oh wait, Niedermayer was born in Edmonton, looks like I will vote.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6213
( )

Posted - 11/24/2006 :  18:00:22  Reply with Quote
haha thats mean to the other teams, but i do love them oilers.
i liked pronger butss yah
Niedermayer owns pronger
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2006 :  09:28:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jagr all the way
Go to Top of Page

Guest4055
( )

Posted - 11/25/2006 :  17:35:11  Reply with Quote
Crosby without a doubt ... the fellow is 19 and totally dominating Everyone ( just think in a couple of years !!!!!!! ) ... also i cant really say comparing defense and fowards is fair ... where are the goalies ? kipper is the best player in the NHL if goalies were included
Go to Top of Page

Trevman12
Rookie

Canada
182 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2006 :  20:25:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kiprusoff is a selection in the poll.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6598
( )

Posted - 11/26/2006 :  15:11:35  Reply with Quote
Crosby, then probably Jagr
Go to Top of Page

Guest6598
( )

Posted - 11/26/2006 :  15:14:02  Reply with Quote
Niedermayer is the best rounded player in the league. He's the best defensive player, but he can also produce points when he has to.
Go to Top of Page

Mp48
Top Prospect

Canada
13 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2006 :  17:02:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im sorry but how is kovalchuk not on the list, he is clearly dominant in every aspect of the game,he's not afraid to hit or get hit, he's proven that and the guy has put up big numbers in his first 5 years, finished tied for the lead in goals in 2004,hasn't been injured,is consistant, and is a major force in atlanta's attack.and mark my words within the next 5 years he will help lead atlanta to a cup and win the maurice a couple times. Ovechkin will be the next best, but his team needs to get better
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2006 :  18:56:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If we are measuring on today, it has to be Jagr. The years behind him as well as what he is doing today, there really is no arguement.

However, those of you who say Crosby, you must be watching a totally different game than the rest of us. Ovechkin is better in every area of the game save passing. Ovie is bigger, stonger, faster, and has more of a killer instinct. Besides that, Crosby has players like Recci and Malkin around him, who does Ovechvin have??

Think a little before you post!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4010
( )

Posted - 11/27/2006 :  02:18:30  Reply with Quote
crosby is the best overall player in the league. he's fast, stong, smart beyond his years and look at his points per game. he's unreal. nineteen years old to boot. he is the new face of the nhl and will be for a really long time. he's not even going to hit his prime until about 8-10 years from now. that's scary. shows up every single game and has for the past 6 years with pressure getting piled up every single time he's hit the ice. why don't the canucks ever get a guy like that? crosby will win cups and conn smythe trophies. mark my words, save this posting and you can buy me a beer when he's hoisting The Mug.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4044
( )

Posted - 11/27/2006 :  12:30:48  Reply with Quote
Jagr by far in my book. He has dominated this league for 15+ years. The guy is a beast.

I'm surprised Iginla is not on the list. Pass, shoot, score, hit, take hits, natural leader and unlike anyone else in the list, he fights...he does it all with no one to help him.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2006 :  13:22:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

If we are measuring on today, it has to be Jagr. The years behind him as well as what he is doing today, there really is no arguement.

However, those of you who say Crosby, you must be watching a totally different game than the rest of us. Ovechkin is better in every area of the game save passing. Ovie is bigger, stonger, faster, and has more of a killer instinct. Besides that, Crosby has players like Recci and Malkin around him, who does Ovechvin have??

Completely agree. You said it!
Go to Top of Page

Mp48
Top Prospect

Canada
13 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2006 :  19:07:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

[quote]Originally posted by Beans15

Completely agree. You said it!
I'm with you 100% on the alexthegreat crosbythefake argument, if they switched teams, maybe others would see it too.
Go to Top of Page

ultimatetitman
Rookie

Canada
244 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2006 :  17:24:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

If we are measuring on today, it has to be Jagr. The years behind him as well as what he is doing today, there really is no arguement....

Oh I've thought about it, and I feel that anyone picking Jagr has a short memory.

What kind of crap did he pull in Washington? He pouted like 6 year old for 3 seasons and put very little effort into his game. He was barely a point a game after posting 983 points in 656 games previous to that.

And don't come back "He didn't have anyone to play with in Washington" because he put up totals of 229 points in 158 games on an average Penguins teams after Lemieux retired the first time. Anyone who watched him in Washington would agree that he was not playing with any heart and was just going through the motions.

Maybe you ought to put a little more thought into your posts.

No whiney little suck will ever get my vote.

Edited by - ultimatetitman on 11/28/2006 17:28:03
Go to Top of Page

Guest2855
( )

Posted - 11/30/2006 :  21:54:56  Reply with Quote
OK, first of all I must say that I completely disagree with what that guy said about Ovechkin being better the Crosby...Lets take a look at this. Ovechkin is 2 years older and has 2 years of professional hockey in Russia under his belt. Crosby is stright from the Q. Ovechkin maybe be stronger and a little faster. Dont matter when you have Crosby's smarts. It's not all about scoring goals...to have Kovalchuk up on that list is a slap on the face to everyone else on there. Yea he puts the puck in the net...so what? The guy has NEVER had a positive +/- rating and probably never will because he is so one dimensional!!! And here we are talking about best all around? Please. Crosby sees the ice like no one else. He is a two dimensional player. Oh and the best part...HE IS ONLY 19 YEARS OLD. I really dont think that people understand that being that young makes a huge difference. In the next 5 years in the league, I am willing to bet anything that Crosby wins a couple of Hart trophies. Crosby is the type of player that will make others around him better. Not too many of those players around. They're both very good players, Ovechkin and Crosby, but Crosby takes in hands down at the end of the day. I also think he is the best on that list.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2855
( )

Posted - 11/30/2006 :  22:03:16  Reply with Quote
One more thing...It just honestly boggles my mind how anyone can say that Ovechkin is better then Crosby in every aspect of the game...Ovechkin scores goals, thats who he is and I think that people will agree that it takes much more then a pretty goal to be the best. Playmakers are rare. To be a playmaker, a player who can change the game with a play, like Thorton say, you need to have that special something that most goal scorers dont have. Crosby has that.
Go to Top of Page

B-rett10
Rookie

Canada
186 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2006 :  11:32:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Trevman12

Who is the BEST overall player in the NHL?

Best All Around player right now is Joe Thornton, What can't he do.
Go to Top of Page

Trevman12
Rookie

Canada
182 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2006 :  19:25:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thinkthat most of you are just looking for offensive talent and leading scorers. Niedermayer is one of the best, if not the best defensive player in the league.
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2006 :  20:25:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd say Neidermayor too but there are a lot of players that are good
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2006 :  09:53:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ultimatetitman

No whiney little suck will ever get my vote.

Then I hope you didn't vote for Crosby.

The guy's a great player, but a bit of a cry-baby.
Go to Top of Page

Guest7864
( )

Posted - 12/17/2006 :  10:24:19  Reply with Quote
I vote for Jagr...AND SAKIC
but Crosby is far superior to Ovechkin... ''think before you post'' haha YOU should think before posting idiot comments like that... Crosby has hockey-smarts!! he sees the game 150% better then ovechkin!
Go to Top of Page

framer87
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
338 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2006 :  12:41:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest7864

I vote for Jagr...AND SAKIC
but Crosby is far superior to Ovechkin... ''think before you post'' haha YOU should think before posting idiot comments like that... Crosby has hockey-smarts!! he sees the game 150% better then ovechkin!

YES but not sakic

Go pens
Go to Top of Page

Trevman12
Rookie

Canada
182 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2006 :  15:46:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[/quote]

YES but not sakic
[/quote]
I have to agree.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2006 :  16:01:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sakic has to be the best player for the last 10 years, maybe next to Jagr, but not anymore.

Edited by - bablaboushka on 12/18/2006 16:02:04
Go to Top of Page

Trevman12
Rookie

Canada
182 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2006 :  16:19:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

Sakic has to be the best player for the last 10 years, maybe next to Jagr, but not anymore.

Yes
Go to Top of Page

Trevman12
Rookie

Canada
182 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2006 :  18:05:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've noticed that ever since crosby started to put up big points again, more people began to vote for him.
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2006 :  20:29:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm surprised that Sundin is not on the list. I'd definitely think of voting for him.
Go to Top of Page

Blubberboy
Rookie

155 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  15:57:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6598

Crosby, then probably Jagr

I agree.

Go Canucks

Go to Top of Page

Guest4640
( )

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  17:21:38  Reply with Quote
to be an all around player u have to backcheck ..crosby and jagr dont even know where their own end is half the time
Go to Top of Page

Blubberboy
Rookie

155 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  16:31:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Crosby.
No competiton.

Go Vancouver
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  17:03:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't remember who i voted for i think it was Crosby or Burnaby Joe

Edited by - 1 Crosby fan on 01/02/2007 17:04:11
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  17:23:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just can't imagine that Crosby would be ahead of Niedermayer, Iginla and Thornton. The operative word here is OVERALL.

Crosby is doing great and I am a fan, but there are so many other components to the game than goals and assists. At 19 years of age you just couldn't have developed those skills at the NHL level yet. I'm speaking of things like leadership, work ethic, fighting...and just plain old experience. I'd give it to either Iginla or Thornton. And runner up would be Niedermayer (second only because he never fights)

I know it will be unpopular but I would also put Sundin on that list too. In his entire career he has been one of the most well rounded players I've ever watched.
Go to Top of Page

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  09:23:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sakic and Iginla.
You don't have to be leading the scoring race to be the best player on the ice.
Neidermeyer is a joy to watch as well.
Thornton is starting to hit his stride.
Crosby will dominate soon. Maybe next year and for at least the next 10 years as long as he is injury free.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  10:53:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you would have to consider a guy like Lecavalier. He does it all. PP, PK, EV, big goals and assists. Plus player. He's the whole package.

However, as hard as it is more me to say, if you are looking at the player in the league today with "the whole package" being offense, defense, checking, toughness, skating, everything. Well, no one touches Iginla for that.
Go to Top of Page

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  11:01:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Beans, we agreed on something again.
Iginla indeed.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8760
( )

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  11:13:55  Reply with Quote
YOU PEOPLE ARE NOT READING THE QUESTION PROPERLY!
OVERALL!!!
THAT MEANS SHOOTING, SCORING, PASSING, SKATING, FIGHTING, FACEOFFS, GOING INTO THE CORNERS, BATTLING FOR THE PUCK WHERE EVER IT MAY BE, STICKING UP FOR TEAMMATES.
THERE MAY BE MORE CATEROGIES, BUT WHEN IT COMES TO THE BEST OVERALL PLAYER, HANDS DOWN,

JAROME IGINLA, CALGARY FLAMES
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  11:21:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, for once I like where a post is going. Seriously it is hard to argue against him (although I'm sure someone will try). He may not be the top scorer ALL the time but when you add in the rest, he's the man.

I like that Beans said Lecavalier. He is a workhorse and rarely plays a BAD game. he'll drop the gloves if he has to (Iginla vs. Lecavalier was an awesome superstar match) In a couple more years he'll peak and watch out.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page