Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Most overrated player in hockey right now? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2006 :  22:34:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

I think it's pretty obvious sidney crosby is the most overrrated....
Ppl make it out like he's had a great career...he's a great prospect, but he is not one of the all time greats yet...it's not like he's even come close to breaking any records .......mark my words, sid is the next eric lindros...big E won a hart trophy, yes, but he never one a cup and was a huge bitch.....seems to me sid is destined for that future (even if he doesn't get brutally injured like the big E)
uI HATE CROSBY

Actually, you're wrong, Crosby has already broke a long standing record of 25 years. He is the youngest person ever to break 100pts.

As for Lindros, unfortunately injury has left him without realizing his true potential, but his career is still pretty decent (and yes, not without controversy). Over his career he is averaging 1.15 pts per game and I can guarantee you that 90% of the players throughout history would love to have a PPG average over 1. I'll bet he finishes his career in a few years with over 400 goals. Not bad for a 'huge bitch' as you put it.

Edited by - leigh on 12/29/2006 22:35:40
Go to Top of Page

Ripley
PickupHockey Pro

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2006 :  22:41:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, he's also on a cup contender right now.

Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2006 :  16:34:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry.....I guess I forgot such a trivial record...what was he like 4 weeks younger then someone who probably had more points then him, but b/c his parents concieved sidney a little later in the year, crosby gets a record.......ya sorry I missed that one!

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2006 :  20:26:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rory Fitzpatrick.

What a Joke.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2006 :  23:34:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't burn rory.....if you heard my tyrades about crosby, you'd understand that these are the meat and potato players you need........I love the vote-for-rory thing...if you went to the webpage you'd see they're trying to support the fourth line character players you never hear of.....I mean, those guys go to the same amount of practices (well, actually more ) as, say, "sid the whiner"...they do the road trips...they work out in the off season, they've been chasing a dream since they were 3...just because a player like crosby has more talent doesn't mean rory is any less of a hockey player....I think everyone on this forum should switch webpages for 5 minutes and VOTE FOR RORY

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  08:35:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The All Star game is designed to have the league most highly skilled players in a showcase. Not the "Meat and Potatoes" players you speak of. Always has been, always should be. This Vote For Rory thing is pathetic. The guy has 1 point and is +2 in 24 games. If he was near the top in any facit of the game I would understand. There are literally 200 defencemen in the league that are statistically better than this guy. He's a career -46 with 28 points in 234 games. This is the kind of thing that will make the all star game into the same crap the NBA has. It is not a popularity contest, it's a showcase for the best players. This ruins that! Vancouver could send this guy to the farm tomorrow and not miss him at all. There is no way he deserves to be an all-star. Not even close.
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  08:51:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Sid the Whiner"'s coach has said publicly that he is the hardest worker on the ice, and is a great practice player. Same things were said about Gretzky all through his career

Go Sens
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2007 :  20:00:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by Novie

"Sid the Whiner"'s coach has said publicly that he is the hardest worker on the ice, and is a great practice player. Same things were said about Gretzky all through his career
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmmmmmmmm.....I must have missed the part where I said sid shouldn't go...or where I said sid doesn't work hard...I was simply saying that everyone in the nhl worked hard to get there..I am just saying I like credit being given to this guy.....there are a lot more rory fitzpatrics in the show then sidney crosby's...these guys deserve some recognition too! so what's wrong with that?

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2007 :  22:33:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

Sorry.....I guess I forgot such a trivial record...what was he like 4 weeks younger then someone who probably had more points then him, but b/c his parents concieved sidney a little later in the year, crosby gets a record.......ya sorry I missed that one! I HATE CROSBY

it's not trivial at all. Most players will never do it in a single season and he did it at 18 years of age, in his rookie year. And can you imagine that some players NEVER reach 100 pts in their careers let alone in a single season. And for the record, he was 100 days younger than Dale Hawerchuck who held the record before him with 103 points (only 1 point more than Crosby). Even if you hate the guy you have to respect that.

I think we've gotten this thread way off track following your lead with Crosby. He's obviously not overrated if you look at his numbers in the last 2 years. Right now he's leading the league by 4 points (ahead of Jagr, Iginla, Kovalchuck, Hossa, Ovechkin yadda yadda yadda) He's only making $850,000 and he's worth every penny. I can think of a few other guys getting paid millions that are stinking up the league and deserve this dubious title more than Crosby (Morisson, Naslund, Rob Blake, Cheechoo, Redden to name a few)

Edited by - leigh on 01/01/2007 22:36:45
Go to Top of Page

Guest4801
( )

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  05:11:15  Reply with Quote
Crosby would be considered overrated if he had
20G 31A and -45 in 84GP of his first season
and 16G 21A and -22 in 47GP in his second...

not

39G 63A and -1 in 81GP in first season
and 17G 41A and +15 in 34g in this season

If anyone is a true stats guy, you'll probably recognize them as Alexandre Daigle's back in his rookie season. Remember that guy? Now that guy was overrated
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  15:40:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hahahahahhahah...even I would take a bullet for crosby over daigle (as a hockey player)......isn't daigle trying to be a movie star now?....he probably is a better actor than sid though...those crosby commercials are so lame.....like the gatorade commercial where he looks up with his two-year-old face with the gatorade sweat all over it....WHAT A TOOL...

But the point is: Daigle was very overrated

I HATE CROSBY

Edited by - I HATE CROSBY on 01/02/2007 15:41:17
Go to Top of Page

dummy101
Top Prospect

Canada
33 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  15:34:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Wade Redden would get my vote as most overrated.I realize he was a top +- guy last year but that was when"Z" had all the tough D assignments and he was cherry picking against 2 and 3 liners and racking up bonus points on the pp.I know he's been hurt but man their missin' Chara.Just think for the price of Gerber and Corvo+a few hundred thousand they could still have him.On 2nd thought Muckler is most overrated,hehe!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page