Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Early favourite for first overall in 2010 draft? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Open_Ice
Rookie

Canada
109 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2009 :  22:52:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Who do you think will go first overall? Looks like one of the best draft years in recent memory.

This completely threw me for a loop:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=506411

Choices:

Taylor Hall
Tyler Seguin
Cam Fowler
Kirill Kabanov

Sensfan101
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
500 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2009 :  04:46:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Although the top four look very good the rest of the draft is quite weak Taylor Hall will obviously be number 1 the scouts just rank him number 2 so people will come to their websites. Last year everybody knew Tavares would be number 1 but they made it look like he could go 2 or 3.

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2009 :  08:41:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
95% of 'hockey fans' don't have a sniff of who the #1 draft pick will be until the media tells them. There are far too many junior leagues all over the world, many of which are not available on any TV channel for any fan to have any kind of opinion of their own on this matter. You may see your local team and see their top talent, or maybe the biggest teams in the OHL and WHL on V once in a while.

So my opinion is that what ever TSN says, I agree. I don't have the time nor the desire to form my own opinion here.
Go to Top of Page

Leafs81
PickupHockey Pro

735 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2009 :  12:01:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

95% of 'hockey fans' don't have a sniff of who the #1 draft pick will be until the media tells them. There are far too many junior leagues all over the world, many of which are not available on any TV channel for any fan to have any kind of opinion of their own on this matter. You may see your local team and see their top talent, or maybe the biggest teams in the OHL and WHL on V once in a while.

So my opinion is that what ever TSN says, I agree. I don't have the time nor the desire to form my own opinion here.

Exactly I watch the NHL, read a bit about prospect, but I don't watch them play, once in a while maybe my hometown Q team. I never saw any of the four you mention play.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9297
( )

Posted - 11/20/2009 :  11:32:39  Reply with Quote
I remember watching Cody Hodgson play in Brampton and thinking my God this guy is going to light the league on fire, then he has trouble cracking the line up and now he's injured. The draft is a complete crap shoot, you get lucky, or you get snake bitten. My guess the 4 listed will not changew but after that this draft is pretty weak.
Go to Top of Page

Guest3364
( )

Posted - 11/20/2009 :  12:20:23  Reply with Quote
I honestly dont know who Toronto, oops I mean Boston is gonna choose.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page