Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 do you hate sidney crosby???? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

ultimatetitman
Rookie

Canada
244 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2007 :  19:01:49  Show Profile
From TSN:

Sidney Crosby is tearing up the NHL scoring race with a healthy lead for the Art Ross Trophy. See how the phenom's torrid pace compares to that of another superstar who had similar numbers when he was 19.

Sidney Crosby (2006-07):
51 GP, 25 G, 61 A, 86 PTS
Sidney Crosby (On Pace):
79 GP, 38 G, 94 A, 132 PTS

Wayne Gretzky (1979-80):
79 GP, 51 G, 86 A, 137 PTS

Just cuz you hate him doesn't make him a bad player! Besides, historically, the really great players are the ones who are hated the most.
Off topic a little, but making a point. Do you know who has received the most mail in history? (No, Santa doesn't count) This person is also generally recognized as having received the most death threats of all time... Hank Aaron... but hey, I guess he probably sucked too.
Go to Top of Page

-oil-country-
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
988 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2007 :  19:16:54  Show Profile
Wow if those stats are right that's crazy but i think he'll finish more in the 110-120 are but you never know.
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2007 :  23:28:53  Show Profile
On pace stats arent always accurate titman, and im tired of everything being compared to Greztky jeez, Crosby already proved he can put up points, what more do we need, the NHL should start focusing on somthing new, also IHC i cheer for canada because im proud to be canadian, and we got grea players

CANUCKS RULE!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest5029
( )

Posted - 02/11/2007 :  23:34:13
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

I got some comfort this morning when an NHL player agreed with me.....

I was watching sportscenter and, as you may have seen, sid took some huge dive after getting "high sticked' by aaron downey....of course, in sid fasion, after going down like he was gonna be on the DL for years, he got right up after seeing the ref didn't fall for it.......

In an interview after the game Downey said "I tought him a thing about being a man...I told him if he is supposed to be a superstar, then he should dtart behaving like one"....

You guys can defend sids talent all you want.....But there is NO WAY you can defend his overselling...Sure he got highsticked and maybe that warrented going down, but sid goes down like he was shot with f***ing magnum or something......He makes some huge scene and it's pathetic......I NEVER saw yzerman or Sakic behave like that...Even when steve got hit in the eye with a puck, he didn't act like that.....THAT'S INTEGRITY....sid wouldn't know what that meant if he had a dictionary stapled to his ass.

I HATE CROSBY

Did you see Kelly Hrudey's take on it ? I guess you hate Gretzky too then because he fell down when he was high sticked just like Dougy Gilmour did (let's talk about integrity). Downey of the Hab's is a marginal NHL plug at best and should shut his mouth. McCabe falls down all the time when he's sticked. So do most players. What's the big deal about that? Me thinks your a hypocrite. Yzerman and Sakic have been felled many times by sticks to the face - what are you smoking? "Integrity" is something you are woefully short on. You Idolize Gilmour. What would you know?
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2007 :  00:24:42  Show Profile
I have enough integrity to back my words up with a name......

I think I was pissed off cause of HOW he went down..........
If you feel the need to defend him on that, then try defending him on that "spear" Blake gave him.......
On a personal note, when I was 16, some guy BROKE my collar bone with a slapshot from the hash marks, and I don't recall making a scene like that BOY did.....It wasn't just a crack...it was as broke as could be...I went down...and stayed down. Sid got right back up after that high stick...It couldn't have hurt as much as he made it out to.

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

Guest5029
( )

Posted - 02/12/2007 :  18:29:35
ADMIN EDIT:
Please read the forum rules.
Go to Top of Page

Guest5029
( )

Posted - 02/12/2007 :  18:51:10
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2983

Shortened Quote
quote:
Ummmmmm......I watch highlights EVERY night, I've seen every point crosby has got so far....And he has about as many highlight reel points as, say, mike madano...He gets a lot of points, not from dump ins, but from other players hitting in his rebounds...he's goals are typically ok, but not wayne-like..his shot is nothing compared to ovi's....sid does have pretty talented linemates...so I think his point total is not indicative of his actual impact on the team....Not all his team mates like him...quite a few openly said they didn't last season.....He whines a lot.....

I HATE CROSBY

I agree, i dont hate Crosby though, but he is a Bitch (whines too much, Dives...God if he wants to do that its called EPL, FIFA, etc), but constantly seeing him on my tv annoyes me & makes me sick cuz there are tons of other Canadian hockey players other than just him (personnally I dont want to see him on Canadian comercials until 2010 when he should help team Canada win gold, maybe then I can enjoy comercials of him)

Sure he hypes everyone on his line up and can set up plays, has the points, but he doesnt score EnOuGh goals and is way overrated.
Out in the eastern conference there isnt the same level of goal tending compared to the west, I doubt Sid would have as many points if the Pens were a western conference team. I'd like to see him on a western team and see how he fairs, cuz when its comes to playing against Kipper, or Luongo,etc, or Anahiem's D-men I would that Sid would have a lot less than 100pts.

And ya he's young but there are other young guys who do have more talent and others have better all round play; Sid has lots of points and his points reflect a talent but there are just as young guys and some that are a few yrs older who dont have the pts but that are just as or even more talented and there are some guys that are wating to bloom and some arent in the NHL yet (cant wait for J.Towes to steal the light from Sid)

btw Sidney isn't a kid anymore, he's 19 and should start acting like it, & doesn't properly represent a YOUNG ADULT canadian with his whiney antics.

also; Not trying to really bash him (other than him being a bitch and immature whinny-ness, he is an excelled hockey player for his age though). But i am more trying to bash what is made of Sid by the media (especially highlight reels of him arent as spectacular as many other NHLers.) But I do disagree with IHC with that Crosby takes himself before the team, i think that is mostly percieved thnx to the media. But I wish the best for him.

thank you Buttman for screwing the game, now the NHL is a Celeb factory that way were all obssed about certain guys and no more of the "TEAM focus", which the game is based on!

---what is real hockey love? its love for the game, anywhere, anytime, any conditions, and 100% passion,,

Wow what a brilliant take.

You watch hi-lites. You must know everything. I've watched every minute of every game Crosby has ever played in the NHL. Modano's career hi-lite reel doesn't match 11/2 seasons of Sid. This kid is unbelievably good. The things this kid does that most people don't notice are amazing. I could go on and on but I don't have to. You've already heard it and it's more than true. Ask some GM's and other NHL personal how good Crosby is.

Give your head a shake! Your comments on Crosby are positively laughable and I would submit that you've haven't seen jack. Plenty of far older NHLers whine and cry far more than Crosby does. How but Bryan McCabe? He's such a bitch I'm surprised he doesn't wear make-up. Why don't posters cry about him and others like him? Simple - because their jealous nit pickers who resent or hate those that attain the highest level who become the best in their field. Right now Crosby is the best and most talented player in the NHL by a long-shot. It's not even close. Crosby will always be held to a far higher standard which in fact, much like Kyoto emmision targets, will never be attainable by anybody. If Crosby opens his mouth his 'whining' will be exaggerated and focused on to heights only seen by tabloids while other players wouldn't even be called to question. I can understand your resentment....it's just human nature. All of you are hypocrits and especiall IHC who would likely be the loudest cheerleader of Crosby if he played for the Laughs. I'm sure you'll all resent Crosby when he pulls the Canadian sweater on for team Canada.

Go to Top of Page

-oil-country-
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
988 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2007 :  19:50:19  Show Profile
Wow 5029 for how much you've written you should sign up and i think you and IHC could have some good battles.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2007 :  22:26:29  Show Profile
I don't get why you keep equating me to doug gilmour?

Have I ever mentioned him?

My love for the 93 leafs was b/c of Potvin first and foremost......

I didn't really read everything you said, just snippets. Maybe someday I'll sit down with a good cup of cocoa and take a good look, til then, I'll just say.......I HATE CROSBY

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2007 :  23:19:37  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Guest5029

quote:
Originally posted by Guest2983

Shortened Quote

Wow what a brilliant take.

You watch hi-lites. You must know everything. I've watched every minute of every game Crosby has ever played in the NHL. Modano's career hi-lite reel doesn't match 11/2 seasons of Sid. This kid is unbelievably good. The things this kid does that most people don't notice are amazing. I could go on and on but I don't have to. You've already heard it and it's more than true. Ask some GM's and other NHL personal how good Crosby is.

Cuz you no we have all been watching sid for 11/2 seasons, and mike madano has had a pretty good career.

CANUCKS RULE!!
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2007 :  09:16:06  Show Profile
Guest 5029, please refrain from insulting our forum members. We are proud of the community that we are building here and invite you to create an account and freely speak your mind about the game. We do not, however, allow this forum to be used as a medium to defame, slander, or libel anyone, including Doug Gilmour.

Members, please refrain from insulting other forum members and do your best to keep on topic.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2647
( )

Posted - 02/13/2007 :  11:15:26
Crosby is the best player in the world. He is this generations Gretzky. He will win the scoring title this year and surpass the amount of points Gretzky put up when he was nineteen(and hockey is harder,faster and players are better now in comparison to the Gretzky days) so obviously breaking Gretzky's records should be more difficult in the new NHL . Crosby was the youngest out of a very few to score 100 points or more in rc season. He was the youngest to get the overall # 1 vote to the all star game, he recieved the Mark Messier award and Messier's nod of super star approval, he was the youngest player ever to score for team Canada in the world juniors, he has many records with his QMJHL junior team. Crosby should have recieved rc of the year last year along with Ovechkin because there were double the amount of rookies in the NHL due to the strike so there should have been dual rookie of the year. Any one who feels that Crosby is a cry baby is analyzing this KID incorrectly. How about calling Don Cherry(a man) a cry baby. Don Cherry has such an ego that when he critisizes Crosby(a kid), this nineteen year old retaliates by ignoring him which really agrivates Cherry to continue his ranting in the hopes for a response do to his big ego because he is not use to someone not replying back. Crosby is nineteen and shows rapid improvement on both maturity and play making each and every game. This should be considered when comparing him to a cry baby especially when those who judge him are men who have never experienced his super star status. This kid is dynamite, and even the Great One said if someone breaks his records it will be Crosby. If you like and respect Gretzky why would you not believe his words.
Go to Top of Page

luckyluc
Top Prospect

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2007 :  11:41:47  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2647

Crosby is the best player in the world. He is this generations Gretzky. He will win the scoring title this year and surpass the amount of points Gretzky put up when he was nineteen(and hockey is harder,faster and players are better now in comparison to the Gretzky days) so obviously breaking Gretzky's records should be more difficult in the new NHL . Crosby was the youngest out of a very few to score 100 points or more in rc season. He was the youngest to get the overall # 1 vote to the all star game, he recieved the Mark Messier award and Messier's nod of super star approval, he was the youngest player ever to score for team Canada in the world juniors, he has many records with his QMJHL junior team. Crosby should have recieved rc of the year last year along with Ovechkin because there were double the amount of rookies in the NHL due to the strike so there should have been dual rookie of the year. Any one who feels that Crosby is a cry baby is analyzing this KID incorrectly. How about calling Don Cherry(a man) a cry baby. Don Cherry has such an ego that when he critisizes Crosby(a kid), this nineteen year old retaliates by ignoring him which really agrivates Cherry to continue his ranting in the hopes for a response do to his big ego because he is not use to someone not replying back. Crosby is nineteen and shows rapid improvement on both maturity and play making each and every game. This should be considered when comparing him to a cry baby especially when those who judge him are men who have never experienced his super star status. This kid is dynamite, and even the Great One said if someone breaks his records it will be Crosby. If you like and respect Gretzky why would you not believe his words.

Well said...

Furthermore, on the whining issue, both Gretzky and Lemieux were whiners. Kelly Hrudey pointed this out on the weekend and he basically said that they whined because they had to take out their frustrations somehow. They couldn't just grab a guy and beat the crap out of him. Sure they whined, as Sidney does. But who really cares because at the end of the day, no matter how much whining, they are the best.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2646
( )

Posted - 02/13/2007 :  12:48:25
quote:
Originally posted by luckyluc

quote:
Originally posted by Guest2647

Well said...

Furthermore, on the whining issue, both Gretzky and Lemieux were whiners. Kelly Hrudey pointed this out on the weekend and he basically said that they whined because they had to take out their frustrations somehow. They couldn't just grab a guy and beat the crap out of him. Sure they whined, as Sidney does. But who really cares because at the end of the day, no matter how much whining, they are the best.

Exactly. I'm from Cole Harbour N.S where Crosby is from(not Dartmouth), he lives down the street from me. Anyone who thinks he is a cry baby must understand that everyone in the NHL can be this way, the difference is that the media puts this KID in the spot light more than anyone. You could take anyone in the NHL, give then the amount of attention that the media gives with regards to Crosby and they would portray a cry baby as well. Off the ice Crosby is very modest, polite and well spoken. If you want to hate something, perhaps looking at how the media can exagerate someones whinnyness via all the coverage with a little cut and paste to make it appear that Crosby is more whinny than any one else, which is not the case. Lemiuex was so-called whinny(remember his issues with the clutching and grabbing etc), Gretzky was whinny as well. Blame the media not this KID.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2646
( )

Posted - 02/13/2007 :  13:21:47
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

I have enough integrity to back my words up with a name......

I think I was pissed off cause of HOW he went down..........
If you feel the need to defend him on that, then try defending him on that "spear" Blake gave him.......
On a personal note, when I was 16, some guy BROKE my collar bone with a slapshot from the hash marks, and I don't recall making a scene like that BOY did.....It wasn't just a crack...it was as broke as could be...I went down...and stayed down. Sid got right back up after that high stick...It couldn't have hurt as much as he made it out to.

I HATE CROSBY

See that's the problem, your comparing your experience with that of Crosby. It is impossible to compare your experience to his. I broke my leg playing hockey and I acted as if it did'nt happen and I also got high sticked once and went down like a tonne of bricks. So which action should I consider exceptable since I reacted naturaly to both. Trying to compare your experience to Crosby's is impossible, expecially since we will never be on the same stage. Crosby is amazing.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2007 :  14:28:06  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by luckyluc

Is that a joke?

I hope so........If I wanted to watch a bunch of pussies, I'd go to a strip club.

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2007 :  15:52:39  Show Profile
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Guest2646

See that's the problem, your comparing your experience with that of Crosby. It is impossible to compare your experience to his. I broke my leg playing hockey and I acted as if it did'nt happen and I also got high sticked once and went down like a tonne of bricks. So which action should I consider exceptable since I reacted naturaly to both. Trying to compare your experience to Crosby's is impossible, expecially since we will never be on the same stage. Crosby is amazing.
[/quote]

Is this another joke?

I think a lot players of all skill levels play with the same passion as as an nhler.....I don't think b/c he's more talented means it's OK for him to behave like that......If anything, it's LESS OK for him to act like that, he's supposed to be a model for young hockey players...If I had kids who played hockey and behaved like him, I'd pull them out of hockey and enlist them in figure skating...That's all that kid is to me, a figure skater in a helmet......You clowns can have your Mario, your Wayne, and don't forget your Sid. I'll take a Scott Stevens any day.

I HATE CROSBY

Edited by - I HATE CROSBY on 02/13/2007 15:54:48
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2007 :  16:00:11  Show Profile
This is getting old. Locked.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page