Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Staal Brothers: Best Career Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

framer87
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
338 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2006 :  10:37:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Which one of the Staal brothers will have the best career

Go pens

Choices:

Eric Staal
Jordan Staal
Jared Staal
Marc Staal

Edited by - bablaboushka on 12/12/2006 12:05:14

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2006 :  12:02:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's easy for everyone to say Eric or Jordan cause we've seen what they can do already, but scouts are saying that Jared will be the best out of all of them. Also sucks for Mark too, because the other three who are forwards will overshadow his career with their point production.

Framer, I must stress that when people (not just you) create polls, that they make sure that the players' names they are using are spelled correctly. Use Google or NHL.com to verify, it only takes an extra minute. (It's Staal not Stall)

Edited by - bablaboushka on 12/12/2006 12:05:34
Go to Top of Page

Guest4912
( )

Posted - 12/12/2006 :  12:46:30  Reply with Quote
i totally agree with bablaboushka on that one.

if maurice richard had never played, everything henri richard did would get way more recognition.
Go to Top of Page

framer87
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
338 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2006 :  13:43:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oops my bad

Go pens
Go to Top of Page

Trevman12
Rookie

Canada
182 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2006 :  13:53:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eric. No competition.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2006 :  14:56:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But see Trevman how can you say that? Jared has yet to be drafted, let alone play in the NHL. You most certainly can't be able to tell which is better between him and his brothers. Jordan is supposed to be better than Eric and Jared is supposed to be better than Jordan. Mark is expected to turn out to be a solid, top line defenseman, like a Bouwmeester, so even comparing him to the others would be extremely difficult.

I think the true answer to this question is "We'll have to wait about 20 years and see".

Edited by - bablaboushka on 12/12/2006 15:21:31
Go to Top of Page

Guest8985
( )

Posted - 12/12/2006 :  18:06:21  Reply with Quote
i haven't voted because i agree with bablaboushka and not many people have seen Mark or Jared play
Go to Top of Page

framer87
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
338 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2006 :  10:31:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also agree with Bablaboushka on that one.

Go pens
Go to Top of Page

Trevman12
Rookie

Canada
182 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2006 :  19:11:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am just going by a few articles that I read about the four brothers. They talked about how good they were skill wise and they said that Eric was the best, but I guess you are right Babs, it's probably to early to tell.
Go to Top of Page

B-rett10
Rookie

Canada
186 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2006 :  20:08:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I picked Eric Staal because he already has and chmpionship under his belt, but you guys are right it could be to early to tell cause any of the brothers could wint a championship it is to early to tell.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4785
( )

Posted - 12/14/2006 :  17:54:08  Reply with Quote
Guest8985
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i haven't voted because i agree with bablaboushka and not many people have seen Mark or Jared play
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
People may not have seen Jared play but if you live in Canada you could have seen Mark at the World Junoirs. I think he's even on the team this year.

Babs is totally right. Jared is going to be exciting to watch and will be even better then Eric.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2006 :  19:17:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's crazy to think that Jared is expected to be better than Eric. Of course Eric isn't the best player in the league, but he still one of the elite when he wants to be. I can't wait to watch them when all four are in their prime, which might only be a few years apart.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2006 :  07:50:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This Family is sick! Just think of the Sutters with Hands!!!!! My vote is for Eric. For no other reason than I have to pick one. I have no idea who will be the best, and neither does anyone else. So it is just a guess. No analysis needed!
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2007 :  16:40:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by B-rett10

I picked Eric Staal because he already has and chmpionship under his belt, but you guys are right it could be to early to tell cause any of the brothers could wint a championship it is to early to tell.

spell check buddy

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~[img]http://www.webtickets.com/sports/nhl/images/logo_Dallas%20Stars.jpg[/img]

Edited by - semin-rules on 01/10/2007 16:41:59
Go to Top of Page

Guest0062
( )

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  02:45:01  Reply with Quote
i think for offence its a toss up between eric and jordi. marc will deffinitly develop into a beumester, awesome D man. and as far as jared goes, the kid is 16 give him a break. i'm sure he's gonna be dirty. Gotta e'nuff pressure already jared ?. if he dos'nt make it there's always the sunshine sod farm. either , or it dosent matter there all good thunder bay kids. and were pulling for all of them.
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  04:04:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0062

i think for offence its a toss up between eric and jordi. marc will deffinitly develop into a beumester, awesome D man. and as far as jared goes, the kid is 16 give him a break. i'm sure he's gonna be dirty. Gotta e'nuff pressure already jared ?. if he dos'nt make it there's always the sunshine sod farm. either , or it dosent matter there all good thunder bay kids. and were pulling for all of them.

Buddy, there's something called the dictionary, ever heard of it??

~You play to win the Game~ Herm Edwards
Go to Top of Page

ci_1612
Top Prospect

Canada
17 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  05:22:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Eric had his best season in the NHL last year but from what i seen (I agree my opinion may change when Jared hits the show) Jordan is going to be up there for sure..The guy has more Shorthanded goals than 13 whole teams!! thats crazy!! but there is also a difference between best career and best player..remeber Jordan has two players on his team that most people would kill to have one

Chris Illsley
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  11:38:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eric. He won a Staley Cup for one thing, and is just an all-around great player. Marc is close competition, he won gold in this year's World Juniors. Jordan's been decent on the Pens, but Eric is still the best, I'd say.
Go to Top of Page

vintage
Top Prospect

Canada
97 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  13:05:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rumors going up for the youngest staal brother. For sure he will be the best they have compared him to the rest of his bros and stats prove at 16 hes doin the best for sure he will be the next number 1 rookie draft and will be the great one
Go to Top of Page

Guest8888
( )

Posted - 02/02/2007 :  17:35:10  Reply with Quote
Defence wins championships. so I said Marc
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2007 :  00:22:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8888

Defence wins championships. so I said Marc

OK thats good and all but the poll asked who will be the best, not what position is the most important, but then again each of the other bros might score 600 goals and 1200 points wich would overshadow the play of mark

CANUCKS RULE!!
Go to Top of Page

saku11
Top Prospect

Canada
82 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2007 :  14:13:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jordan because he is one of the best rookies this year and also eric looks pretty good choice.

HABS ALL THE WAY
Go to Top of Page

portman21
Top Prospect

Canada
32 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2007 :  21:23:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I voted for jordan on this one.... just because, he was only originally called up to play his 10 games and then go back to his ohl team to finish the season, but not only did he shine in those 10 games, he's leading the league in short handed goals?! i'd have to say this kids impressing me for an 18 year old... i guess cuz hes my age and i can't imagine not only being in the nhl shining as well as he is doing... even in crosby and malkin's shadow (not trying to still anything up with that comment)

Take care comb your hair
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2007 :  23:23:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that ppl should wait untill they actually see the 4th bro at the NHL level, i think its 2 hard to tell right now

CANUCKS RULE!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest8460
( )

Posted - 02/12/2007 :  21:30:18  Reply with Quote
They all suck they should be called the staal sisters down with staals go RUSSIA!
Go to Top of Page

Azeman
Top Prospect

Canada
36 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2007 :  08:11:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
marc is already doing good. he has a world junior championship and he is going to new york next year

GO WINGS GO!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2007 :  10:17:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8460

They all suck they should be called the staal sisters down with staals go RUSSIA!

What the...? The Staals do not suck, Eric won a Cup, Jordan's doing great on the Pens, and Marc won an IIHF World Junior gold medal.

Go Russia? Well yeah Russia's good but what does that have to do with the Staals?
Go to Top of Page

pinie
Top Prospect

Netherlands
3 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2007 :  04:06:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey guys. the Staal Brothers are orriginaly from holland. Enjoy them
Greets from holland
Go to Top of Page

jbraiter
PickupHockey Pro

577 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2007 :  04:56:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So far between eric and jordan i think jordan is going to have a better career he is already tied with eric in goals and he is just a rookie. He was even about to be cut from the pens!
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2007 :  05:28:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pinie

hey guys. the Staal Brothers are orriginaly from holland. Enjoy them
Greets from holland

Welcome to the Forums Pinie

I didn't know they were from Holland....

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

vintage
Top Prospect

Canada
97 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2007 :  09:57:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
U watch marc staal ( i think thats him ) for team canada man he owns hes got it like his bros
Go to Top of Page

Saku Steen
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1102 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2007 :  11:09:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to pickup pinie!

Do they even have hockey in the Netherlands?

Edited by - Saku Steen on 03/01/2007 11:10:32
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2007 :  12:30:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah they do have hockey in Holland. I think the sport was actually played there first, but the Canadians really picked it up.

I didn't know the Staals were from Holland either, but their last name does look Germanic.

Edited by - Mikhailova on 03/01/2007 13:31:21
Go to Top of Page

pinie
Top Prospect

Netherlands
3 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2007 :  13:28:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah we got some hocey in holland, but not that mutch. In Holland we use to play at a field, not on the ice. There is a small iceshockey competition in holland though. The grandparents of the Staal Brothers came from holland. Don't associate us with the German please
You guys know the skater Arne Dankers?? His parents came from holland aswell.

see yah
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2007 :  13:30:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pinie

Don't associate us with the German please

I meant Germanic in the sense of the Germanic language family (English, Dutch, German, etc), not relating it to Germany.
Go to Top of Page

pinie
Top Prospect

Netherlands
3 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2007 :  13:33:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Allright I see, no worries This is a canadian site is it??
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2007 :  15:20:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It originates in Vancouver BC and is largely canadian but everyone is welcome!
Go to Top of Page

Guest0961
( )

Posted - 03/23/2007 :  20:33:34  Reply with Quote
Okay i'm wolves fan, and well i think Mark or Jordan will be the best i have seen Jared play people say hes going to be the best but i don't see it although he dosent get much ice time and still i rookie. And last year I really like Eric. lol but now that i get to see al of them play, i have to say its between Marc and Jared
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2007 :  20:42:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0961

Okay i'm wolves fan, and well i think Mark or Jordan will be the best i have seen Jared play people say hes going to be the best but i don't see it although he dosent get much ice time and still i rookie. And last year I really like Eric. lol but now that i get to see al of them play, i have to say its between Marc and Jared

Who are the Wolves? Is it just me or has Eric Staal been a dissapointment this year?? Only 63 points after such a great year last season in both the regular season and the playoffs.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

Saku Steen
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1102 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  04:38:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

quote:
Originally posted by Guest0961

Who are the Wolves? Is it just me or has Eric Staal been a dissapointment this year?? Only 63 points after such a great year last season in both the regular season and the playoffs.

CANUCKS RULE!!!

The Wolves is the jr. team Mark plays on.
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  13:57:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I said Jordan because well look at him have you seen him play well that's my opinion other people have others
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page