Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Worst hockey town in Canada Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2006 :  04:02:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this is more of a question:

Which town in canada has the worst fans?

I say hands down Vancouver....While all the other teams have some of the weirdest fans, Vancouver has the worst hockey fans.....if you can call em that...I like to call them bandwagon jumpers...when the chips are down, the nucks fans leave...When the chips are up, you have to be a part of van cities cultural elite to get a ticket....what a joke!

At least since the dawn of time, you always had to be a higher up to get a leafs ticket....it sucks if you live on T.O. and wanna see a game, but at least, even when the chips are down, the leafs still sell out ( don't even think of using the T.O. population argument.... the raptors don't sell out every game do they?)

I HATE CROSBY

Edited by - I HATE CROSBY on 12/28/2006 04:03:44

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2006 :  06:54:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

this is more of a question:

Which town in canada has the worst fans?

I say hands down Vancouver....While all the other teams have some of the weirdest fans, Vancouver has the worst hockey fans.....if you can call em that...I like to call them bandwagon jumpers...when the chips are down, the nucks fans leave...When the chips are up, you have to be a part of van cities cultural elite to get a ticket....what a joke!

At least since the dawn of time, you always had to be a higher up to get a leafs ticket....it sucks if you live on T.O. and wanna see a game, but at least, even when the chips are down, the leafs still sell out ( don't even think of using the T.O. population argument.... the raptors don't sell out every game do they?)

I HATE CROSBY

The Raptors don't sell out every game because the NBA sucks, and Canadians hate it (see NHL vs. NBA in the Trash Talk thread). So yes, I am going to use the population argument...2.5 million people will fill a 20,000 seat arena every day a lot easier than half a million will...5 times easier, in fact!

Now if band-wagon jumping is an indicator, you have to throw Calgary in there too. We have sportswriters in October saying the Flames will miss the playoffs, and the same writers now talknig about them winning the Northwest. And don't get me started on those stupid car flags....(Ottawa residents...please tell me that there never has been a Senators version of this stupid practice...please).

Toronto loves their Leafs, regardless of Bonehead GM's and incompetant head coaches....so as much as it kills me to say this, I would put them up there with the best fans, a slight edge on the Canadiens fans and Oilers fans. Ottawa is establishing themselves and are a bit too young to have the fanbase the others have.

Calgary and Vancouver...yeah....battle it out for the title of Worst Hockey Town

Go Sens
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2006 :  06:55:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PS - I saw a Leafs game last year, and it was ridiculous what you had to pay for a nosebleed seat....good thing we had connections with the visiting team and watched from row 28

Go Sens
Go to Top of Page

Guest9278
( )

Posted - 12/28/2006 :  07:11:12  Reply with Quote
You Two are smoking something,
The worst hockey fans in Canada by far are the Leaf fans.
For one they're spoiled because CBC thinks they're the only hockey team in canada. Second, they think the'r s*** don't stink. Yes the Leafs are rich in History and have been around since before christ but most of their fans just like Hate Crosby are always hating on other teams and fans. By the way if you think Vancouver has such a sad fan base why have they had 3+ years of consecutive sell outs and 3+ years of 15 or more games on pay per view that have huge ratings.

Go To Hell Leafs
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2006 :  07:42:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got no clue I don't live there!
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2006 :  10:27:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Calgary takes it hands down. Although I am an Oilers Fan first, a few years back when the Flames made thier run, I was like most Oiler fans, and hoped for the Flames to win. This past year, there were people from Calgary writting in to the Edmonton papers saying how bad Edmonton was and how they didn't deserve to be in the playoffs and that the City was over celebrating. Doing everything to knock down the Oil since the Flames were not there.

A lot of things that happened in Edmonton last year were great for not only the City, but great for hockey. If you didn't get goose bumps from the entire stadium singing not only the Candian Anthem but also the American Anthem, you are not a fan. And who were the only fans in the NHL cutting that down?? Yep, Calgary.

Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2006 :  10:29:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But a very close second are Leaf Fans. Arrogant about thier team and ignorant towards other teams. When was the last time Toronto did anything??
Go to Top of Page

Guest8372
( )

Posted - 12/28/2006 :  12:35:38  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

But a very close second are Leaf Fans. Arrogant about thier team and ignorant towards other teams....

Sounds like a bunch of Americans.
Go to Top of Page

Tiger
Top Prospect

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2006 :  12:49:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Calgary takes it hands down. Although I am an Oilers Fan first, a few years back when the Flames made thier run, I was like most Oiler fans, and hoped for the Flames to win. This past year, there were people from Calgary writting in to the Edmonton papers saying how bad Edmonton was and how they didn't deserve to be in the playoffs and that the City was over celebrating. Doing everything to knock down the Oil since the Flames were not there.

A lot of things that happened in Edmonton last year were great for not only the City, but great for hockey. If you didn't get goose bumps from the entire stadium singing not only the Candian Anthem but also the American Anthem, you are not a fan. And who were the only fans in the NHL cutting that down?? Yep, Calgary.

So Beans15, are you doing anything less ignorant right now? You don't exactly sound respectful. Practice what you preach big guy.

Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2006 :  13:14:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Doesn't seem any ignorant to me, simply stating what had happened. And even though I'm not a big fan of the Oilers, I did think it was awesome listening to the National Anthems before games, sung by the fans.

Edited by - bablaboushka on 12/28/2006 13:15:28
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2006 :  13:29:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How am I being ignorant Tiger?? Am I cutting down Calgary in any way? I am simply stating that the "majority" of Calgary fans were very negative towards the Oilers during thier playoff runs while Edmonton was quite supportive of the Flames. I have not heard too many other arenas that start chants such as "Edmonton Sucks." I find that Calgary fans are disrespectful towards other teams.
Go to Top of Page

pucker
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
398 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2006 :  14:25:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree, strong points by Beans. Tiger is probably a closet Flames fan but cant talk the talk right now cuz my Canucks just beat them twice in the home and home series.

But I digress.

I really wouldnt know who has the worse fans. I bet if you really looked at it, each city would have an equal amount of good fans and bad fans. Look at Edmonton last year. They have a solid fan base and a bunch of idiots make them look bad by causing crap after the games. Red mile or Blue mile or whatever. Every city has morons. I live in Vancouver and listening to the sports talk radio is getting more and more painful with flip flopping fans as 'I Hate Crosby alluded to'

Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2006 :  14:53:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8372

quote:

But a very close second are Leaf Fans. Arrogant about thier team and ignorant towards other teams....

Sounds like a bunch of Americans.

Hey, enough already. Stop with the anti-Americanism. There are arrogant and ignorant people all over the world, not just in the US.

Edited by - Mikhailova on 12/28/2006 14:53:43
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2006 :  05:45:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yeah, when the local sports-radio station becomes "The Official Radio Station of the Carolina Hurricanes", that was pretty sad, just a single season after ALL of Alberta got behind a low-seeded Flames team for their run.

PS - I agree, let's drop the anti-americanism in here....they're helping to keep our game on the map (even though they love NBA more)

Go Sens
Go to Top of Page

ultimatetitman
Rookie

Canada
244 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2006 :  14:59:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've lived in 4 of Canada's NHL markets (Toronto, Ottawa, Calgary, and now Vancouver), so I feel a little qualified to pipe in here.

Toronto has the best Maple Leaf fans in the NHL (Vancouver is a close second!). What I mean by that is, they cheer for and support their team blindly, often without logic.
Ottawa fans seem a bit flakey to me, but I honestly believe that is because they don't yet have the history of the other Canadian teams. After all, most people in Ottawa grew up cheering for the Habs or Leafs.
Calgary and Vancouver fans are just as loyal and rabid as Leaf fans, but with two major differences. Most Flames and 'nucks fans are also hockey fans and can name 3 players on most other NHL teams. Ask a Leafs fan to name a player on any other team and often they can only name ex-Leafs... then then rave about them as if they are the second coming. Need I mention CuJo?
Secondly, Canucks fans have every right to stay away from the arena if the team is doing poorly. For years we suffered through bad management decisions, and players who were crappy and/or couldn't care less (Mogilny, Messier, Weekes, etc.) Sure, Toronto fans suffered through all that as well, but with a population base as large as theirs (yes, I am using that arguement!) it stands to reason that they would sell out as often as they do. When they were really bad in the 70's and 80's, they weren't selling season tickets, they were filling the arena with people who wanted to see their team live once or twice a year. Again, with that population, it makes sense they would sell out quickly.
Canucks fan will bitch about their team between games, but when the game is on, they will cheer as loudly as anyone.
Edward R. Murrow once said “We must never confuse dissention with disloyalty.”
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2006 :  16:35:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOW.....Totally agree with the vancouver analysis thus far...cept I think that a band wagon fan is the worst, and van city is full of them

I HATE CROSBY

Edited by - I HATE CROSBY on 12/30/2006 16:40:43
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2006 :  20:26:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To those people who say that there are ignorant people everywhere, you are correct. It's just that higher populated area have more ignorant people. It's the Law of Averages. So unfortunately, Toronto and some most major cities in the states are highly populated places. That means your ignorant people are more plentiful. I have met wonderful people everyone where in the world and have met real meatballs as well. No disrespect intended.
Go to Top of Page

Tiger
Top Prospect

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2006 :  20:41:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

How am I being ignorant Tiger?? Am I cutting down Calgary in any way? I am simply stating that the "majority" of Calgary fans were very negative towards the Oilers during thier playoff runs while Edmonton was quite supportive of the Flames. I have not heard too many other arenas that start chants such as "Edmonton Sucks." I find that Calgary fans are disrespectful towards other teams.

Beans15, what's the name of the thread? Who did you choose as the worst fans? Now, it has been a long time since my highschool math classes but I'm sure that when you add up your answers to both my questions the sum will be an insult the fans of Calgary. So yes, you're cutting them down. That was all I was pointing out in my first response.

The negativity is amplified when you lump the majority of them in with a few losers who don’t have a clue. I’m sure that if you talk to some Flames fans they would have some upsetting Oiler fan stories to tell about their run to the cup final the season before. People have to take the blinders off, every town has a handful of bone-head fans. Calgary and Edmonton are no different.

Edited by - Tiger on 12/30/2006 20:42:42
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  07:40:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a friend from Calgary at school and she's got plenty of Flames pride. I know someone else from Toronto who's a huge Leafs fan, and it's fun to watch them argue in class over who's better. It sounds a lot like this thread
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  07:43:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Novie

The Raptors don't sell out every game because the NBA sucks, and Canadians hate it

Haha lol the NBA does suck. I'm not Canadian but I hate it too.

Edited by - Mikhailova on 12/31/2006 07:43:18
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  08:40:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I tend to disagree with out. I can say that I have missed maybe 5 Oiler games in the past 2 years. I have never once heard Rexall Place break out in a chant of "Calgary Sucks" or any other team for that matter. Why is it that I hear that chant nearly every game that Edmonton is in Calgary. Does that mean that only the meathead Flames fans go to the games?? If there were more "good Flames fans" in the stadiums, those chants would not even get started, or they wouldn't be loud enough to hear them clearly on TV.

And in the end, I am stating my opinion. I find Calgary Fans disrespectful of other teams. To me, that makes them the worst fans. Am I cutting them down?? Maybe, if you perceive it that way. To me, I am not attacking anyone or stating things that are not true. Cutting some one down to me is to attack someone without merit. This is what I believe.
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  08:58:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

I have a friend from Calgary at school and she's got plenty of Flames pride.

Living in Calgary is hilarious..."fans" here know the following names: Iginla, Kipper (most don't even know his first and/or full name), Phaneuf, maybe Tanguay, the most recent farm team call-up to help Jarome score, and whoever scored the game winner the night before. All others are forgotten quickly. I loved it in the spring last year when EVERYBODY was a Flames fan, car-flags flying, up 3-2 on the Ducks....BATTLE OF ALBERTA! FLAMES-OILERS!

Beauchemin breaks Iginla's face, Ducks win game 6 and 7....all of a sudden, everybody in Calgary acts like the season didn't even happen, and forget that there are still 8 teams playing for the Cup.
Hilarious!

My vote for worst hockey town is still for Calgary.

Go Sens
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  12:43:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Novie

Living in Calgary is hilarious...My vote for worst hockey town is still for Calgary.

LOL when I told my Calgarian friend I like the Caps she goes "What? They suck." I'm thinking, "this from a Flames fan..." then I say "The Caps suck?? You're a Flames fan and you're telling me the CAPS suck?! Look who's talking!"

True, the Caps haven't been doing the greatest this year but they're not as bad as the Flames!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4785
( )

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  13:58:13  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9278

You Two are smoking something,
The worst hockey fans in Canada by far are the Leaf fans.
For one they're spoiled because CBC thinks they're the only hockey team in canada. Second, they think the'r s*** don't stink. Yes the Leafs are rich in History and have been around since before christ but most of their fans just like Hate Crosby are always hating on other teams and fans. By the way if you think Vancouver has such a sad fan base why have they had 3+ years of consecutive sell outs and 3+ years of 15 or more games on pay per view that have huge ratings.
Go To Hell Leafs

Do you have any proof here Guest9278. Canuck fans couldnt give a s*** in my opinion and probably don't know how their team is doing.Their in a weak division too( See thread on that). Toronto consistantly sells out games and everyone agrees with that.

Leaf fans know how their team is doing but the perception of "Leafs Cheer For Nothing" comes from the "drunk losers" and "people who have season tickets and don't know what hockey is" type of people.

I think from what im reading heer that Vancouver and Calgary has bad/horrible fans and i tend to agree with them.

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Go to Top of Page

Doc Hockey
Top Prospect

2 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  14:33:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well, I tend to disagree with out. I can say that I have missed maybe 5 Oiler games in the past 2 years. I have never once heard Rexall Place break out in a chant of "Calgary Sucks" or any other team for that matter. Why is it that I hear that chant nearly every game that Edmonton is in Calgary. Does that mean that only the meathead Flames fans go to the games?? If there were more "good Flames fans" in the stadiums, those chants would not even get started, or they wouldn't be loud enough to hear them clearly on TV.

And in the end, I am stating my opinion. I find Calgary Fans disrespectful of other teams. To me, that makes them the worst fans. Am I cutting them down?? Maybe, if you perceive it that way. To me, I am not attacking anyone or stating things that are not true. Cutting some one down to me is to attack someone without merit. This is what I believe.
ahem...for my first post at this prestigious web site allow me to psycho analyze.

If what you are saying is true Mr. Beans, and in fact Calgary fans do lash out when they play the Oilers, it may be a symptom of a greater internal struggle; the intense struggle of constantly being in the shadow of the Oilers (with only a couple short reprieves – 89, 04)

Like a younger sibling striking out at an older brother, Calgary may be trying to find its own identity. The Oilers have historically had greater success than the Flames and therefore Flames fans may have mostly felt lesser than the Oiler fans. After all, as human beings we often find our self worth in our successes. So imagine that the Flames have had to endure constant comparison to their regional, and more prolific sibling throughout their lives.

Now, over a short term this pain may not manifest itself in any noticeable way but over the course of a few decades this suffering and resentment can drill deep into the psyche of a fan and manifest itself in the form of verbal abuse and inexplicably acts of fanmanship; acts to which most people soon after feel shame and guilt and would likely apologize for if they weren’t immediately subjected to attacks and ridicule. Do not underestimate the power of a mob-mentality (look at the Vancouver and Montreal riots for example)

So what you are claiming you are seeing may actually be a normal part of growing up. Southern Alberta fans may just be maturing as fans, and to keep with the sibling analogy, perhaps they are in their teenage phase and soon, as they mature and have more success (and failures) of their own they will stop lashing out inappropriately, and appreciate the benefits of having a competitive big brother to guide and push them. A big brother, mind you, who didn’t have to endure such hardship due to a lack of initial regional comparison and timing. Hockey is a game of nuances and inches and so the tables could easily have been turned and Oiler fans should remember that.

"When you are comfortable, please tell me about your relationship with your mother."
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2007 :  08:00:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought what you thought through the 90's maybe. But I would say that a large percentage of Flames Fans (and Oiler fans for that matter) were not old enough to remember the rivalry from the 80's. It's not the 35+ fans that are chanting "Edmonton Sucks" it the younger one's that were in dipers that last time Edmonton or Calgary had a Cup. So, I disagree with you as well. If more fans were around when the rivalry was there and Edmonton and Calgary were 2 of the top 5 teams in the league every year, they would appreciate what Edmonton did last year and Calgary 2 years before.

Edited by - Beans15 on 01/02/2007 09:47:54
Go to Top of Page

spearbelly
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2007 :  22:40:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Yahk , B.C.
Go to Top of Page

robs08
Top Prospect

2 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  04:52:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnipeg has by far the best fans in Canada. The Jets never did well yet we supported them through thick and thin. Year after year fans still showed up to games and that was when the population was < 650k.
And mind you we invented the "white out".

Go Jets go!
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  05:53:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Doc Hockey
ahem...for my first post at this prestigious web site allow me to psycho analyze.

"When you are comfortable, please tell me about your relationship with your mother."

Welcome Doc...I have the feeling you may start some doozies! Loks like another intelligent opinion...something we seem to need more of as the site grows!

Go Sens
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  10:23:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by robs08

Winnipeg has by far the best fans in Canada. The Jets never did well yet we supported them through thick and thin. Year after year fans still showed up to games and that was when the population was < 650k.
And mind you we invented the "white out".

Go Jets go!

Yeah robs08 I agree with you mostly because I live in Winnipeg
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  11:17:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnipeg owns when it comes to sports fans.

I lived there for 13 years and miss it like crazy, NHL team or not. Man the MTS Centre is some nice.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2007 :  00:32:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't read every one of these yet....but it seems to me no one has mentioned habs fans......I live way out here in vancouver, so I don't see much of them outside of highlights, but it seems they have a loyal following too!.....As they should...is it just me, or are the Habs rarely a total stinker. They are usually contending for a playoff spot (or totally dominating like in the mid/early 70's)...I guess they earned a loyal support staff....On a personal note, as soon as Roy left, I felt Montreal was one of Canada's duller teams....but a good, respectable team none-the-less.

I HATE CROSBY

Edited by - I HATE CROSBY on 01/04/2007 00:33:37
Go to Top of Page

Guest4889
( )

Posted - 01/10/2007 :  16:37:33  Reply with Quote
I'm from Edmonton and I have to say that oilers fans have taken a little too much flack.
We by far have the best fans compared to all the Canadian Teams.

Edmonton ROCKS!! Its amazing how little people actually know about Edmonton.

ADMIN EDIT:
If you would like to share links, please create an account first.
Go to Top of Page

Doc Hockey
Top Prospect

2 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2007 :  17:53:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I thought what you thought through the 90's maybe. But I would say that a large percentage of Flames Fans (and Oiler fans for that matter) were not old enough to remember the rivalry from the 80's. It's not the 35+ fans that are chanting "Edmonton Sucks" it the younger one's that were in dipers that last time Edmonton or Calgary had a Cup. So, I disagree with you as well. If more fans were around when the rivalry was there and Edmonton and Calgary were 2 of the top 5 teams in the league every year, they would appreciate what Edmonton did last year and Calgary 2 years before.

Ah yes, Beans15....and who do you think has educated and trained these young hockey fans? Yes, the people who have been beaten down for years. So these young fans may think it is normal. Cities, like people have different personalities and attitudes and they are often the product of their upbringing.

I also wanted to point something out that you missed from Tiger's original "call out" of you. You said that bad Flames fans were writing to newspapers and saying that the Oilers don't deserve to be in the playoffs and that they were ignorant because of it. I believe that Tiger may have just been pointing out that your post in the forum of this web site is not much different than that.

Go to Top of Page

Guest6125
( )

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  02:03:15  Reply with Quote
Toronto is the worst hockey town ever. The are still griping about that 1993 game 6 playoff game, when Gretzky high-sticked Gilmore, and didn't get a penalty.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  10:21:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Doc Hockey, the difference between what I posted and the letter to the Edmonton papers against the Oilers is that I have never said anything about the Flames and what they did and didn't deserve. I was rooting for them, along with many other Oiler fans, hoping to at least bring the Cup back to Alberta.
Go to Top of Page

Ripley
PickupHockey Pro

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  11:47:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Doc Hockey, the difference between what I posted and the letter to the Edmonton papers against the Oilers is that I have never said anything about the Flames and what they did and didn't deserve. I was rooting for them, along with many other Oiler fans, hoping to at least bring the Cup back to Alberta.

Beans, I don't know buddy. Break it down. You said that Calgary fans are bad because they say bad things about Edmonton. Then in the same breath you turn around and tell everyone on the internet that Calgary fans suck. Sounds pretty much the same to me. You sound like an angry Oiler fan. The rest is just semantics. The doc is right (and so is Tiger). But you are entitled to your opinion and the thread is about the worst hockey towns so this is definitely the place to do it.

We've gotten off topic with this, it's not "why beans is right or wrong". Let's drop that part of it and begin mentioning cities where they don't really care about hockey. Dallas anyone?

Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  13:55:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, Dallas doesn't really care (unfortunately), but the Stars have been doing pretty well nonetheless. But come on, it's DALLAS--it's 100+ degrees half the time, they're not really ones to play a game on ice.

But the title of this thread is "Worst hockey town in CANADA"...so let's not go off topic again, eh?
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  14:07:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well....I'll say Pittsburgh has the worst fans overall.......I mean..How ppl couldn't boo mario and sid out of their city is beyond me...

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  14:22:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You kidding? Pittsburgh fans are great! I know tons of 'em and they are dedicated die-hard Penguins fans. And I know you hate Crosby, but what's wrong with Mario?

Now anyway, back on topic...

Edited by - Mikhailova on 01/11/2007 14:24:59
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2007 :  07:34:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

it's DALLAS--it's 100+ degrees half the time, they're not really ones to play a game on ice

Well so much for it being 100 degrees, there was an ICE STORM there a few days ago! Why is it snowing in Dallas and Malibu and not here in Maryland where it's actually cold?!

Anyway, I wonder if the All-Star players can make it into Dalllas with everything iced over...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page