Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Montreal
 Carey Price- over or under rated? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2008 :  20:01:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
** vote and debate upon**

ok well all know everyone is saying things like ''carey price is the future'' well i'm not saying hes not good but after watching the bruins habs game tonight and the one two nights ago. he las let in 10 goals in 2 games. i know no goaltender can be perfect but later in his career he wont be as good as everybody says he will. why?. because the habs put all this pressure on him early in the year. with all this talk about him being number 1. and then they trade huet and make him the number 1 goalie for the rest of the season and the playoffs. i think the smart thing for montreal to do is get a veteran goaltender...who doesnt suck like paris hilton. and make halak backup put price in the minors for a 1+ year and see how he does and then talk about him being the future if what the habs have done hasnt already killed his bright year

and yes that is a very long poll question

Leafsfan_94

I HATE YOU HABS!

Choices:

Overated
Underated

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2008 :  20:06:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I cant seem to grasp the overall idea of this poll.

We have seen what he can do and he has shown that he can be a great goalie. But, he hasnt proven himself yet to be underated or overated. I cant explain it. This poll just doesnt make sense.

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2008 :  20:30:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
doesnt make sense?

im just asking peoples opinions on if they think price is over or under rated this year

quote:
Originally posted by Leafs Rock Planet

We have seen what he can do and he has shown that he can be a great goalie. But, he hasnt proven himself yet to be underated or overated. I cant explain it. This poll just doesnt make sense.

Leafsfan_94

I HATE YOU HABS!

Go to Top of Page

lastlineofd
Top Prospect

13 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2008 :  03:34:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't call him under or over rated. Id say hes as expected. All projections that I have ever seen for Carey Price are based on the future. Hes got a free pass for at least a couple years.

With that, less than half a season and a playoffs can't tell whether he is under or over rated. I agree there is just something off about this poll.

Edited by - lastlineofd on 04/20/2008 03:35:42
Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2008 :  04:18:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lastlineofd

I wouldn't call him under or over rated. Id say hes as expected. All projections that I have ever seen for Carey Price are based on the future. Hes got a free pass for at least a couple years.

With that, less than half a season and a playoffs can't tell whether he is under or over rated. I agree there is just something off about this poll.

I agree with lastlinefold. This was the point i was trying to get across. Guess it didnt come out that way.

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2008 :  12:46:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
overated in a huge huge huge way..... he is a good goalie on route to be one of the best ,,, but lets think about all the great young players and especially goalies that flop after 2 or so years.... you cant even say price in the same sentence as roy or any of the other greats and already people are saying hes as good and he carried mtl to the promise land.... wrong,.,,,, huet and the team got to the promise land price came in and held them there... not to mention his numbers this year a middle of the pack at best,,,, im not bashing price im bashing the reputation he has been given as some sort of savior,,, as ihc said in another topic roy carried a bad team to a cup out of nowhere,,, price has a great team and hes not carrying hes holding his own not much more,,, sure there are times you see his futur (key word) brillance but then there are other times more frequent you see wow i wish we still had THE BEST back to back goalie combo in the league in cris huet and carey price,,, like ihc said get a vet thats solid and let em run,,, bettter yet you had a vet who was much better then solid keep him!!!!

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2008 :  15:48:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How quickly an opinion can change. Sure, Price has not played his best hockey in the past couple of games, but neither have the Habs themselves. I have seen very few goals that could have been "blamed" on Price.

Sure, his GAA is 2.43 through 6 games and he has allowed 10 goals in 2 games. What about the 4 games before that?? What about the .957 save percentage, the 5 goals in 4 games, and a shut out while facing 29+ shots/game?? Those are player of the week type numbers!!!

Is Price under rate or over rated?? I can't answer that because I think he is neither. He is doing his job well and considering he's a 21 yr old kid with the Montreal Media pressure, I would say he is doing more than fine.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2008 :  17:37:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

How quickly an opinion can change. Sure, Price has not played his best hockey in the past couple of games, but neither have the Habs themselves. I have seen very few goals that could have been "blamed" on Price.

Sure, his GAA is 2.43 through 6 games and he has allowed 10 goals in 2 games. What about the 4 games before that?? What about the .957 save percentage, the 5 goals in 4 games, and a shut out while facing 29+ shots/game?? Those are player of the week type numbers!!!

Is Price under rate or over rated?? I can't answer that because I think he is neither. He is doing his job well and considering he's a 21 yr old kid with the Montreal Media pressure, I would say he is doing more than fine.

just so you know my opinion on price has never changed ,, i've always been the voice of reason in the media hype,, and don t get me wrong im not saying price is a bad goalie or that i am blameing him,, the reason i think hes overated is the media is overselling him here in montreal. every little save he makes the annoucer goes nuts,,,, he plays a solid game and for some reason hes the greatest thing thats ever happend to the habs,,,, but this is what happens to young goalies in this kind of pressure and haveing the steady hand of huet could have really helped relieve that pressure!

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2008 :  09:17:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wasn't directing that comment to anyone specifically, I was just making a point that some "hockey fans" are very quicky to judge a player on his recent performances rather than looking at the players ability.

For example, the debate between Ovechkin and Crosby. Last season, Crosby out performed Ovechkin, no doubt. People talked about Ovechkin's poor +/-. This season, those same people say that Ovechkin is the better player.

Same goes for Price. The kid has done his job very well. And considering the pressure he is under in the Montreal media and the comparisons to argueable the greatest goalie to play the game, he has done better than I expected him to. Yet, he played two sub-par games and people question his abilities.

Just a little to fickle for my liking.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2008 :  09:58:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that is why it would be nice for price to have huet still helping his work load,, even if price is seeing the ice time,, price commented on missing huet and also calling him on a regular basis for advice, they made a good combo if price plays a rough game tonight montreal's fans could destroy this very promising goalie's career! and that is not an exageration

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2008 :  05:34:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And Price quiets the critics ... for now ... with a huge shut out win
Go to Top of Page

rross
Top Prospect

Canada
58 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2008 :  09:27:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well said Alex. The thing with good or great goalies is that they are few and far between. Toiling in the minors for another year, or playing back up is not going to grow his hockey skills and goalie instincts. Only playing under real game situations and high pressure situations will goalies excel. Goalies live for this kind of pressure which is part of the reason any goalie chooses that position. The coaching staff and Carey Price obviously know this and that is why he has been put in this position. Only time will tell if their decision was correct, but if they didn't try it, then they may never have known if he is the next best goalie in the league or not. So it's too early to tell if he is under or over rated because it will only change from game to game depending on the outcome of a game or series.

Go Habs Go!!
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2008 :  09:45:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Axey

yep he shut me up good! and now hes god again in everyones eyes!

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2008 :  11:32:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7

quote:

yep he shut me up good! and now hes god again in everyones eyes!

Pasty

aha hence the "...for now..." my sarcasm on the people who love the guy then hate him after he has one bad game
Go to Top of Page

Guest9720
( )

Posted - 04/22/2008 :  18:16:52  Reply with Quote
I dont think he is over rated of under rated like everyone is seeming to agree on. I have always been a fan of this guy , and yea i do think getting rid of Huet was a bit rash, however Price is stepping up to the plate , and doing very well . Going back to an earlier comment , yea he did hold the team , not get them up there , but he did take the team up in crunch time , and in the playoffs thus far. He has been making great saves all series long. Dont get me wrong yes the rest of the team has been playing great , the defence are letting little by, but he is still making the big saves. Sure he had to very bad games , but come on , im an athlete my self and the pressure does get to any athlete, and every athlete is allowed to make mistakes. Look at Patrick Roy, glove save , makes it look amazing , then drops it in the net .I m glad price made his mistakes early on. I think he will continue to prove he is starter material. Just like he did in game # 8 against the Bruins holding the shut out ! Im a price fan win or lose as far as im concerned , he is a great young goaltender , and will be great for the Habs for the years that they keep him
Go to Top of Page

Guest4210
( )

Posted - 04/23/2008 :  08:05:02  Reply with Quote
This is not a matter of "over-rated or under-rated". It is a matter of whether he is being over-hyped, which is what the media loves to do with every good story that comes along

gainey has handled this whole thing very logically I think:

Huet is a UFA they have no intention of resigning because they have Price and Halak who need to play in the NHL. They will learn nothing more in the AHL. So they got what the market offered for Huet. Not much but better than nothing

Meanwhile I strongly suspect that the Habs looked at this year as not being the year they expect to win the Cup. They want Price and Halak to experience playoff hockey this year. Price served notice he was very capable and has shown at WJC and AHL champ levels that stress is not a word in his vocabulary. Whatever happens from here on in he has learned so much, especially in those two losses (don't get cocky, don't over do it, don't over-handle the puck, etc)

As several have said Price is ahead of the curve for a rookie. All this serves to potentially make him what some folks are saying he will be, the next big goaltender as Roy and Dryden became. In all three cases the Habs organization had to make a tough choice and put a rookie in a tough situation. The story continues to unfold.
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  14:25:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
from this pole people are probably thinking im the bad guy and im jealous that leafs wont bring up pogge and that price is having too good of a season and i dont like him.

i like price. he is a very talented goalie. i just dont like what the habs are doing to him. he is 20 years old and all this pressure is on him being a number 1 goalie for the second half of the season and the playoffs. but now that they've played him this much theres no point of sendin him back down. for instance as much as i like justin pogge, wanting him to get brought up. considering he is my second favourite all time goalie, the leafs are givin him practice down in the marlies. and even though people are telling him your the future, it doesnt put pressure on him because he plays in the ahl. and hes going to be a good goalie. price was going to be almost as good as pogge until now. but hey i may be wrong if he pulls it off playing awesome the next few years as a number one i will shut the f*** up. but dont be surprised if his carreer gets ruined. but i also wanna see him play great and get 25+ shots a game. until he has that many shots every night and stops almost all of them ill say he is a great tender.

Leafsfan_94

I HATE YOU HABS!

Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  14:37:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Leafsfan_94

from this pole people are probably thinking im the bad guy and im jealous that leafs wont bring up pogge and that price is having too good of a season and i dont like him.

i like price. he is a very talented goalie. i just dont like what the habs are doing to him. he is 20 years old and all this pressure is on him being a number 1 goalie for the second half of the season and the playoffs. but now that they've played him this much theres no point of sendin him back down. for instance as much as i like justin pogge, wanting him to get brought up. considering he is my second favourite all time goalie, the leafs are givin him practice down in the marlies. and even though people are telling him your the future, it doesnt put pressure on him because he plays in the ahl. and hes going to be a good goalie. price was going to be almost as good as pogge until now. but hey i may be wrong if he pulls it off playing awesome the next few years as a number one i will shut the f*** up. but dont be surprised if his carreer gets ruined. but i also wanna see him play great and get 25+ shots a game. until he has that many shots every night and stops almost all of them ill say he is a great tender.

Leafsfan_94

I HATE YOU HABS!

What are you talking about?

You actually think Pogge will be a better goalie than Price on the small reason that they are putting to much pressure on Price at such a young age?? They are throwing him in a bit early but that does not suggest at all that the pressure will make him a worse goalie in the future.

Komisaurus
Top Prospect

Canada
57 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  14:52:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where is justin Pogge getting practice from, the marlies havent even played him in the playoffs...Gainey made sure and he told the bulldogs to play price no matter what and price made it and won the calder cup ,that helped him get ready for this year, hes been playing great and from the looks of it Price is loving every minute of it, he thrives under pressure, when huet was around and price new he would have to battle with huet, he was not playing good, as soon as huet went down, carey played awesome, then huet came back and carey struggled and went back down to hamilton, huet gets traded and price went 15-4 and hes been playing really well in the playoffs aside form the 2 games where he let in 10 goals but every goalie has bad games, he rebounded with a shutout the next game...watch price become one of the best, it already shows froma young age and itll only get better, im not gonna compare him to roy or dryden cause thats unfair to him, but I GAURANTEE you, he will only get better in the upcoming years...
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  19:12:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1. i meant he got practice in the season
2. first of all its no big deal that price one the calder cup cause guess what he ONLY PLAYED 2 GAMES and he lost one of them. he was lucky he won the least game to get them the calder cup.
3. i agree price has been pretty good, but SO HAVE THE HABS. until i see him get 30+ shots and stops almost all of them he is so superstar just yet. same with brodeur. everyone thinks he is so great when he gets 18 shots a night and lets in like 2-3 goals.

quote:
Originally posted by Komisaurus

Where is justin Pogge getting practice from, the marlies havent even played him in the playoffs...Gainey made sure and he told the bulldogs to play price no matter what and price made it and won the calder cup ,that helped him get ready for this year, hes been playing great and from the looks of it Price is loving every minute of it, he thrives under pressure, when huet was around and price new he would have to battle with huet, he was not playing good, as soon as huet went down, carey played awesome, then huet came back and carey struggled and went back down to hamilton, huet gets traded and price went 15-4 and hes been playing really well in the playoffs aside form the 2 games where he let in 10 goals but every goalie has bad games, he rebounded with a shutout the next game...watch price become one of the best, it already shows from a young age and itll only get better, im not gonna compare him to roy or dryden cause thats unfair to him, but I GAURANTEE you, he will only get better in the upcoming years...

Leafsfan_94

I HATE YOU HABS!

Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  21:44:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

2. first of all its no big deal that price one the calder cup cause guess what he ONLY PLAYED 2 GAMES and he lost one of them. he was lucky he won the least game to get them the calder cup.
3. i agree price has been pretty good, but SO HAVE THE HABS. until i see him get 30+ shots and stops almost all of them he is so superstar just yet. same with brodeur. everyone thinks he is so great when he gets 18 shots a night and lets in like 2-3 goals.

quote:

Where is justin Pogge getting practice from, the marlies havent even played him in the playoffs...Gainey made sure and he told the bulldogs to play price no matter what and price made it and won the calder cup ,that helped him get ready for this year, hes been playing great and from the looks of it Price is loving every minute of it, he thrives under pressure, when huet was around and price new he would have to battle with huet, he was not playing good, as soon as huet went down, carey played awesome, then huet came back and carey struggled and went back down to hamilton, huet gets traded and price went 15-4 and hes been playing really well in the playoffs aside form the 2 games where he let in 10 goals but every goalie has bad games, he rebounded with a shutout the next game...watch price become one of the best, it already shows from a young age and itll only get better, im not gonna compare him to roy or dryden cause thats unfair to him, but I GAURANTEE you, he will only get better in the upcoming years...

Leafsfan_94

I HATE YOU HABS!

Man where did you get your info, this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard ... he played 2 games? I hope you mean in the season... and ask ne goalie in the WORLD what he/she would rather ... play a season & not win in the playoffs or play 3 games in the season and win the playoffs ... every goalie will tell you the 2nd answer, also Price has faced 25+ shots every game except 4 this season and has faced 30+ shots in 24 games this season ... the guy averages 31 shots a game(not including playoffs)
http://canadiens.nhl.com/team/app?page=PlayerDetail&playerId=8471679&service=page&tab=gbg
check it out if you dont believe me ... and he has done awesome ... and DARE to say Brodeur faces 18 shots a game and you should stick to watching the Leafs golf considering the guy has the most shots against every year, the worst team, worst defence .. he faced less then 20 shots 4 times this year.. brodeur averages 27 shots a game lol ... I have no idea what hockey your watching .. and say they dont win or still let in 2-3 goals ... and all i have to say is look at their records and their stats ... enuff said

Edited by - Axey on 04/24/2008 21:45:57
Go to Top of Page

Komisaurus
Top Prospect

Canada
57 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2008 :  08:52:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seriously buddy what hockey are you watching Price went 15-6 in the clader cup playoffs, with a gaa of 2.06 and save % of .936, first game of the calder cup finals faced 46 shots and got a shutout, so he may have only played 2 games in the regular season, but playoffs mean much more and are much more intense than regular season games, and hes only been playing better with the habs, this year and why? cause of the role he was playing with the bulldogs last year...Pogge has yet to start a playoff game, If leafs managment were smart they would make the marlies start pogge just like gainey made the dogs start price to get him the experience and the developement that is needed to compete in the NHL and that is what price received...I bet if the leafs bring pogge up and he struggles during the regular season, leaf fans will be all over him, and the reason being : lack of develeopment...Excellent points Axey!!! Thank you...Im out!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4210
( )

Posted - 04/25/2008 :  09:29:38  Reply with Quote
quote:

Price helped the Dogs win the AHL championship and played in all the playoff games. He was also the Calder Cup playoff MVP. So I am not sure what you mean by "he only played 2 games"?

As for your comments on Brodeur, it's so off the wall I don't even know where to start. Brodeur is a superstar goalie for sure. If not, it does not exist

quote:

Leafsfan_94

I HATE YOU HABS!

Go to Top of Page

Guest4210
( )

Posted - 04/25/2008 :  09:32:57  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4210

[quote]Originally posted by Leafsfan_94

Price helped the Dogs win the AHL championship and played in all the playoff games. He was also the Calder Cup playoff MVP. So I am not sure what you mean by "he only played 2 games"?

As for your comments on Brodeur, it's so off the wall I don't even know where to start. Brodeur is a superstar goalie for sure. If not, it does not exist
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2008 :  10:16:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes this is obsurd, the main this is Price is calm, cool and loving his position with the Habs. Lets just watch the kid go ... and enough of this Pogge talk as well, until he is even in the NHL I don't think he can be mentioned in the same sentence. Also, thank you Komi, just couldn't sit here and not straighten that out ahah

Edited by - Axey on 04/25/2008 10:17:32
Go to Top of Page

Komisaurus
Top Prospect

Canada
57 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2008 :  12:18:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No Prob Axey...I had absolutley no choice but to!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest6943
( )

Posted - 04/25/2008 :  15:51:51  Reply with Quote
leafs fan 94, you wish you ha a goalie like Carey Price in your line-up, if you say no then your just being a hypocrite.
Go Habs Go

quote:

doesnt make sense?

im just asking peoples opinions on if they think price is over or under rated this year

quote:

Leafsfan_94

I HATE YOU HABS!

Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2008 :  21:01:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i never f***in said i never wanted a goalie like price. i just dont want him to be a number 1. cant i have my own god damn f***in opinion or every time i say sometihn everyone gets pissed off.

so f*** u all then if your gunna be f**s.

quote:
Originally posted by Guest6943

leafs fan 94, you wish you ha a goalie like Carey Price in your line-up, if you say no then your just being a hypocrite.
Go Habs Go

quote:

doesnt make sense?

quote:

Leafsfan_94

I HATE YOU HABS!

Leafsfan_94

I HATE YOU HABS!

Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2008 :  04:51:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow Lf94 I really think you dont understand the concept of a debate topic.

Just like you said, you are just stating your opinion. Well guess what, people like me were just stating our opinions aswell. I dont know if this is the first time anybody has ever disagreed with you(hard to believe) but you have to learn how to debate something and not just listen to your own info, but others also.

NO need to get personal with the insults. We are simply talking about hockey.

Guest6496
( )

Posted - 04/26/2008 :  07:09:25  Reply with Quote
There is opinion. Then there is facts and falsehoods

Opinions are just fine. Backing those opinions up with malarkey is not. Don't get angry if folks point out where you say stuff that is just plain wrong

As for the opinion. Price is clearly the number 1 and doing fine. What Pogge has to do with anything is just weird. He is just another guy who plays goal, was drafted, and played at the WJC. That's it. If the Leafs thought he was anywhere near ready, they wouldn't be trading to get Raycroft and Toskala

Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2008 :  08:33:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LRP all of your opinions isnt what made me mad its what he said

quote:
Originally posted by Guest6943

Go Habs Go

quote:

doesnt make sense?

quote:

Leafsfan_94

I HATE YOU HABS!

Leafsfan_94

I HATE YOU HABS!

Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2008 :  09:01:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the uhh leafs fan 94 you wish you had a good goalie like carey price on your team, and if you dont your just being a hypocryte

Leafsfan_94

I HATE YOU HABS!

Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2008 :  09:07:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Then why did you highlite my post in your rampage? You responded to my first post of how this poll doesnt make sense. I dont understand?

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2008 :  09:41:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
accidental i was only trying to highlight the guest's post

quote:

Then why did you highlite my post in your rampage? You responded to my first post of how this poll doesnt make sense. I dont understand?

Leafsfan_94

I HATE YOU HABS!

Go to Top of Page

Guest2816
( )

Posted - 04/26/2008 :  13:11:52  Reply with Quote
Carey Price is overated for the simple reason Gainey went and put all his eggs in one basket and if you really study Price you will clearly see that he picks up the puck very well when he sees it but becomes confused and reacts too quickly when the shots come blind.
If you want to hear some real hogwash just listen to RDS the french channel.They have an entire list of ready made excuses whenever Price makes a bad move.A few games ago when Price dropped the puck in front of him in his own crease,the RDS announcer said it was the Montreal player who asked for it.

Every time you bang the Canadiens you can clearly see them run.Hit them hard on the boards and you win.Its that simple
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2008 :  14:52:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i love this guy..dude get yourself an account!

quote:
Originally posted by Guest2816

Carey Price is overated for the simple reason Gainey went and put all his eggs in one basket and if you really study Price you will clearly see that he picks up the puck very well when he sees it but becomes confused and reacts too quickly when the shots come blind.
If you want to hear some real hogwash just listen to RDS the french channel.They have an entire list of ready made excuses whenever Price makes a bad move.A few games ago when Price dropped the puck in front of him in his own crease,the RDS announcer said it was the Montreal player who asked for it.

Every time you bang the Canadiens you can clearly see them run.Hit them hard on the boards and you win.Its that simple

Leafsfan_94

I HATE YOU HABS!

Go to Top of Page

Gostarsgo12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2008 :  15:01:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was hesitating replying to anything " Justin Pogge related " on the forums because I did get this informaton from crazy friends of mine who happen to know Justin and they say that the guy is a party animal and his attitude is somewhat out of sort. I was surprised to hear that out of there mouths as he didn't look like a lunatic when I've seen his interviews when he was a star for Canada at the World Jr's. So this is coming out of the mouths of my friends so this could be complete bs lol
some friend I'am but anyway not good for Leaf fans it looks like this guy could be a Ray Emery.

Go Stars!!!
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2008 :  17:32:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Pa-lease ... watch some more games, drop your bias. Even Don Cherry loves the guy and he HATES the Habs.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2008 :  16:57:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Pa-lease ... watch some more games, drop your bias. Even Don Cherry loves the guy and he HATES the Habs.

first off i'm from quebec half french Canadian aswell i watch all my games on rds and guest is 100% right themake excuses for all of prices' mistakes,,, and yess he makes quite a few and every little save you'd think he pulled a fleury last night,,, as soon as price was in the pictured they bashed huet (even though huet got us where we were this season and noone seems to want to acknowledge it) price is overated he is good,, this is forsure,, number 1 goalie good you bet you cap on it,, top 15 in the league good not even close,,,, good enough to ride into the playoffs,, not even close he proved it by only showing up to two games and if you argue that he played any better then decent in more then 2 games these playoffs it is you my friend who should start paying attention to the games,,, and not the media,,, price is good not god and not ready,,, the kid is the next brodeur maybe but he'll never be st patrick!

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

fat_elvis_rocked
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2008 :  15:54:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Way too early to judge. Let the kid play a full season as the starter and get some experience. He is playing the toughest position, in the most judgmental media market, in the most judgmental hockey city in the world, period.
I think being thrown in the way he was, he did fantastic. To ask him to be another Dryden, or Roy, and come in young and carry the team through the playoffs, was a bad call by Gainey, but, I think it may be a different story next season. He is one of the most poised, positional goaltenders in the league right now, and can only get better. He has seen the kind of pressure that playing in Montreal brings and it can only help him.

Underrated? Overrated? ask this next year at this time and it may a different story.
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2008 :  16:43:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i know we dont really know yet how he will turn out but i meant for what we have seen so far

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page