Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Vesa Toskala Guilty? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

DangleFest89
Rookie

122 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  13:27:25  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by hanley6

quote:
Originally posted by Guest4631

well toronto has won a game in overtime to the lowly islanders. it can only be a matter of time until hanley comes to tell us how good gerber is and how they would have lost if toskala played. toskala must have been busy rehabbing his fake injury today, and didnt have time to tamper with gerb's equipment

lmao thats a good one... but uh I'll go with it Gerber did play a great game tonight no doubt. I actually wasn't going to mention anything about Tosk but yeah they probably would have lost..

the whole tampering with equipment thing I have never mentioned anything about that so your sarcasm is a little over the top there haha, nice try though junior

Did you just say Gerber had a great game against the worst team in the league?
Go to Top of Page

DangleFest89
Rookie

122 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  13:37:55  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by CHAOS61

Toskala may have picked it up a notch in the past 10 to 15 games but ... he still sits with a .891 SAV% 40th in the league and his team allowed under 30 shots per game.

Mind you, the first 40 games into the season, the Leafs allowed just over 27 shots per game and Toskala was sitting with a poor .879 SAV%

Leafs are 9th in the league with 31.6 SOG per game, not bad for a team in a rebuilding stage and not too shabby of a PP.

The team is playing at good as it gets. Toskala isn't playing up to expectations at all, not by a mile !

If shots win games then leafs should be in first place oh wait, they aren't because all there shots are crap out of 10 shots they take lucky if 1 or 2 are quality its a good call since there fast and can get to rebounds but still. Also I agree with Thrasher I have fellow leaf fans that even say man Toskala gets hung out to dry alot but hey your #1(hanley) leaf fan so your always right let me guess you guys would have beat Ottawa that year they went to the Stanley cups finals am I right or am I right? Junior lol
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  03:29:27  Show Profile
quote:

Toskala may have picked it up a notch in the past 10 to 15 games but ... he still sits with a .891 SAV% 40th in the league and his team allowed under 30 shots per game.

Mind you, the first 40 games into the season, the Leafs allowed just over 27 shots per game and Toskala was sitting with a poor .879 SAV%

Leafs are 9th in the league with 31.6 SOG per game, not bad for a team in a rebuilding stage and not too shabby of a PP.

The team is playing at good as it gets. Toskala isn't playing up to expectations at all, not by a mile !

it's nice to see someone on this forum isn't blind and actually agrees with me when it comes to Toskala
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  03:34:23  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Thrasher

quote:

It appears we have another Hanley. Good, one was not enough. The part where you say Toskala isn't playing up to standards is foolish. I'm not sure if you have heard, Toskala isn't even playing. The argument about his save %, watch a game. See how many times a opposing player is left wide out in front of the net. See many rebounds the leafs give up(Yes, even the best goalies give out rebounds). Or breakaways. The Leafs defense is TERRIBLE. Yes they have injurys, but my god. Take them to a power skating camp, or something. They look they are standing still.

Just to clarify, i have never said Toskala is one of the best goalies in the league. He is however a legit number one goalie in the NHL. More so than Cujo (now anyway), or Gerber. Gerber is what 34 years old. He had maybe one good season with the Canes, and he didn't even play in the playoffs(he was sick for some of it, but Ward stole the job). But when you look at stats, and say Toskala is terrible, well. Cujo has worse stats. Toskala has a winning record. So, if Toskala is so bad, how do they win with him? If Cujo is so good, why don't they win with him?

I Promise I didn't give her the STD, I'm not a sharing person.

It's hard to win with Cujo when they dont give him a chance for a month and the kept playing a train wreck named Toskala who is by no means whatsoever a legit number one goalie. And you are one to talk about Defense needing power skating look at Atlanta, enough said
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  03:37:55  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by DangleFest89

quote:

If shots win games then leafs should be in first place oh wait, they aren't because all there shots are crap out of 10 shots they take lucky if 1 or 2 are quality its a good call since there fast and can get to rebounds but still. Also I agree with Thrasher I have fellow leaf fans that even say man Toskala gets hung out to dry alot but hey your #1(hanley) leaf fan so your always right let me guess you guys would have beat Ottawa that year they went to the Stanley cups finals am I right or am I right? Junior lol

Ottawa had emery in net of course the Leafs would have beat them, little buddy haha
Go to Top of Page

Guest8116
( )

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  06:45:34
hanely were tired of you
you no facts to back up your argument and unfortunatley for you, you should get to toskala standing between the pipes in TO becuase with the leafs choosing to re-hab him instead of finishing out their race for tavares it shows that they want him healthy, he is clearly their number one goalie and will be for a while to come so your gonna have to live with it , ok?
Go to Top of Page

Guest8116
( )

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  06:46:47
and stop calling everyone " little buddy" buddy means were friends
Go to Top of Page

Guest4802
( )

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  07:18:38
Toskala - 1518 shots against / 53 GP = 28.6 shots per game with a 3.26 GAA and .891 S%

Joseph - 264 shots against / 14 GP = 18.86 shots per game with a 3.55 GAA and .867 S%

With stats like this i dont know how you can compare the two to each other. Maybe (and I do me MAYBE) when CuJo was younger you could put him above Toskala but he is older now and is not putting up good numbers. Toskala is putting up better numbers with more shots per game so if you believe that CuJo is a good goalie then these stats would put Toskala well above a good goalie.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4631
( )

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  08:42:07
hanley = Had Absolutly No Legitimate Evidence Yet.

man seriously toskala is a legit number one goalie. He is having a bad season. On a terrible team. No goalie has played well for them.
Every goalie has a bad year here and there. ask gerber he has one almost every year. Everybody here disagrees with your comments and has stats and evidence to prove you right. you just call everyone junior - or little buddy. and you seem to think this makes what u says right. then you come in and post things like toskala and lemiuex n crosby being fakers. and dropping lines like whiney baby. like seriously how old are you 12? everyone has there own opinion. but if you want to argue something give it some facts and stats. Make it legit. this thread is 4 pages deep now. yet your only facts about toskala being terrible is, you saying toskala sucks
Go to Top of Page

Thrasher
Rookie

Canada
155 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  11:24:34  Show Profile
Go back in this thread Hanley, and look at my post where i admit Atlanta's defense is terrible. They allow the second most goals per game in the league. But at least as a fan of the team i can see where the problem is. The problem with you being a Leafs fan is that you are blind to the real problems your team has. All hockey fans will give there team more credit than they deserve, but there is a limit to how far your expectations should go. In no way is Toronto a playoff team. They don't score enough goals, they let the opposing team get too good of chances. The traded away their second best point producer for a pick. They are REBUILDING. That means they are looking to make their team better. Means they are not good enough right now. I know how difficult this must be, to watch your team lose, but i have been doing it every year since 2000. You just have to hope the GM does some things that make your team better. I'm sure Burke will do somethings that completely changes the team around. But, until then, actually watch the games, and see exactly how far the Leafs need to go before they will ever be called a playoff team again.

I Promise I didn't give her the STD, I'm not a sharing person.
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  15:05:19  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8116

and stop calling everyone " little buddy" buddy means were friends

everyone is my friend little buddy hahaha
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  15:10:48  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4802

Toskala - 1518 shots against / 53 GP = 28.6 shots per game with a 3.26 GAA and .891 S%

Joseph - 264 shots against / 14 GP = 18.86 shots per game with a 3.55 GAA and .867 S%

With stats like this i dont know how you can compare the two to each other. Maybe (and I do me MAYBE) when CuJo was younger you could put him above Toskala but he is older now and is not putting up good numbers. Toskala is putting up better numbers with more shots per game so if you believe that CuJo is a good goalie then these stats would put Toskala well above a good goalie.

with the stats like this they are very similar not much difference... The only difference is Joseph doesn't allow bad rebounds and easy goals like Tokala does daily.
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  15:25:40  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4631

hanley = Had Absolutly No Legitimate Evidence Yet.

man seriously toskala is a legit number one goalie. He is having a bad season. On a terrible team. No goalie has played well for them.
Every goalie has a bad year here and there. ask gerber he has one almost every year. Everybody here disagrees with your comments and has stats and evidence to prove you right. you just call everyone junior - or little buddy. and you seem to think this makes what u says right. then you come in and post things like toskala and lemiuex n crosby being fakers. and dropping lines like whiney baby. like seriously how old are you 12? everyone has there own opinion. but if you want to argue something give it some facts and stats. Make it legit. this thread is 4 pages deep now. yet your only facts about toskala being terrible is, you saying toskala sucks

I have stated facts many times... I truly don't think many of you have seen Toskala play, he has got to be the laziest goalie in the NHL. The team was down on him because his attitude in games and in practices. I cant believe they actually kept him this long. While he plays he looks like a lost puppy.. You want facts Toskala is a terrible goalie playing for a good young developing team. Gerber already is performing better and that's without 4 key players, 3 on which Toskala had pretty well all year long, Moore, Antropov (which were traded for draft picks so Toronto picked up for future nothing for this year besides Gerber), Kaberle and Van Ryn.. How come with out these 4 key players and Toskala Toronto seems to all of a sudden be a better team now than they have in the past 3 years?

for all you Leaf hatters just be happy you don't have to put up with having a nobody like Toskala as your so called number 1 goalie. He is the only thing that was bringing the Leafs down

Edited by - hanley6 on 03/12/2009 15:27:21
Go to Top of Page

Reeder17
Rookie

Canada
112 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  15:27:36  Show Profile
Once again, Hanley, you have to be the biggest retard around. People come on and argue the opposite side, use facts, use stats and proof to back up their debate. Than you argue with nothing but opinion. Please Hanley do us a favour and stop posting garbage.

Crosby is not the Lord & Savior of the NHL, get over yourself McGuire.

Gretzky has never once high-sticked a member of the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4802
( )

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  15:52:14
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Guest4802

with the stats like this they are very similar not much difference... The only difference is Joseph doesn't allow bad rebounds and easy goals like Tokala does daily.

how can you say there is not much of a difference? it goes to show how much weaker CuJo is. Toskala faces more than 50% more shots than CuJo and he manages to keep a lower GAA and S%. These are the statistics that define a goalie. A .891 S% basically means that Toskala lets in less than 11 goals on every 100 shots while CuJo is at .867 and lets in more than 13 goals. If you actually believe that there is so little difference then you know very little about goaltending.
Go to Top of Page

Guest0418
( )

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  16:11:57
found hanley youtube account u guys should watch his videos its pretty entertaining lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr3CiwYYzg4&feature=channel_page what a leaf fan lol
Go to Top of Page

Guest4631
( )

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  20:08:28
*breaking news*

after shutting out tamba bay in the first period, martin gerber was kidnapped, tied up and locked in a closet by vesa toskala. toskala proceded to steal gerbers equipment and jersey. he then played the second and third period pretending to be gerber. costing the leafs a for sure win!

just thought i would give hanley a crazy excuse as to why the leafs lost so he didnt have to do it himself

leafs season post toskala 2 wins 3 losses. i thought they were a good team and the only reason they were losing was toskala?
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2009 :  07:36:46  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0418

found hanley youtube account u guys should watch his videos its pretty entertaining lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr3CiwYYzg4&feature=channel_page what a leaf fan lol

I was laughing so hard when I watched this that tears were rolling down my face. Good God, this is the exact thing that gives Leafs fans a bad name. Wow.

Go to Top of Page

goleafsgosjnb
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2009 :  08:09:01  Show Profile
bahaha i so thought that was him! cept there was no toskala trashing videos
Go to Top of Page

oilpark
Top Prospect

4 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2009 :  10:50:46  Show Profile
quote:
Guest0418 Posted - 03/12/2009 : 16:11:57
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haha his video's are unreal but actually are pretty sad, i think he's not the brightest crayon in the box
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2009 :  00:26:40  Show Profile
quote:

no offense little buddy but you're an idiot
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2009 :  00:29:47  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

quote:

I was laughing so hard when I watched this that tears were rolling down my face. Good God, this is the exact thing that gives Leafs fans a bad name. Wow.

that guy does give the Leafs a bad name, but it's not just the Leafs fans that are like that in places like New York for the Yankee's and Rangers and Boston for the Red Sox they are far more worse than any Leafs fan. All teams have crazy fans so don't just mention the Leafs
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2009 :  05:13:42  Show Profile
Guys - seriously, let's stop beating this dead horse, 'kay?

The utube thing was hilarious, we've all chimed in against Hanley, let's just leave it at that. For the sake of whatever shred of dignity Hanley may possess at this point, let's just let him be, and hope that the kid finds a new whipping boy now that Toskala is out for the season.

Heck, we've still got a playoff shot here!

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2009 :  18:24:15  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

The utube thing was hilarious, we've all chimed in against Hanley, let's just leave it at that. For the sake of whatever shred of dignity Hanley may possess at this point, let's just let him be, and hope that the kid finds a new whipping boy now that Toskala is out for the season.

that youtube thing was dumb and nothing like me. But I really don't care what anyone says about me its all fun. The Leafs have actually been looking better now that Toskala is gone, you can't deny that
Go to Top of Page

Guest4249
( )

Posted - 03/19/2009 :  19:12:13
quote:

quote:

that youtube thing was dumb and nothing like me. But I really don't care what anyone says about me its all fun. The Leafs have actually been looking better now that Toskala is gone, you can't deny that

Holy crap, that IS hanley. Fantastic!!!!!

If by "better" you mean 4-4 with losses to Ottawa, Tampa and Florida....then you are correct. Toskala stopped 49 of 52 shots in his last game...

You're such a tool.
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2009 :  15:33:59  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4249

quote:

quote:

Holy crap, that IS hanley. Fantastic!!!!!

If by "better" you mean 4-4 with losses to Ottawa, Tampa and Florida....then you are correct. Toskala stopped 49 of 52 shots in his last game...

You're such a tool.

Holy crap, its guest4249, whoever you are, doesn't really matter!!

Toskala played 1 good game where was he the rest of the season???? Gerber and Joseph are missing Antropov, Moore, Kaberle, Van Ryn, Hagman..... and already Toronto is playing better hockey without them and of course with out Toskala. Gerber and Joseph are stopping shots, making big saves and Toskala could make a save if the puck was handed to him, or to save his own life

think about it

Edited by - hanley6 on 03/21/2009 15:37:50
Go to Top of Page

Guest0425
( )

Posted - 03/21/2009 :  16:09:11
Any stats to back up any of this information? Hanley
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2009 :  20:06:57  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0425

yes I have stats, even knowing the stats are not the important part. The important part is the performance, actually watch a game for once and you will see it. Toskala plays way out of position cant make any big saves and allows way too many easy goals against that should have been stopped.. Toskala ended with 22 wins 28 losses GAA of 3.26 and a save % of .891. Gerber and Joseph have been playing without the likes of Antropov, Moore, Kaberle, Van Ryn and Hagman since Toskala has been gone... Toronto has a record of 5 wins and 4 losses. Gerber 4 wins and 3 losses with a save % of .905 and Joseph 1 win and 1 loss with a save % of .896 plus only allowing 1 goal out of 6 shootout attempts against Stamkos, Marty St. Louis, Lecavalier(scoring the only goal for TB in the Shootout), Malone, Prospal and Artyukhin all very dangerous players to face in a shootout but Cujo had no problem. Toskala has had lots of problems in Shootouts this year along with regular play... So I am standing by what I said Toronto is better off without Toskala and according to the stats Toronto has been looking with out him... Bye Bye Toskala you suck

Edited by - hanley6 on 03/21/2009 20:07:23
Go to Top of Page

Guest3391
( )

Posted - 03/21/2009 :  23:02:12
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Guest0425

yes I have stats, even knowing the stats are not the important part. The important part is the performance, actually watch a game for once and you will see it. Toskala plays way out of position cant make any big saves and allows way too many easy goals against that should have been stopped.. Toskala ended with 22 wins 28 losses GAA of 3.26 and a save % of .891. Gerber and Joseph have been playing without the likes of Antropov, Moore, Kaberle, Van Ryn and Hagman since Toskala has been gone... Toronto has a record of 5 wins and 4 losses. Gerber 4 wins and 3 losses with a save % of .905 and Joseph 1 win and 1 loss with a save % of .896 plus only allowing 1 goal out of 6 shootout attempts against Stamkos, Marty St. Louis, Lecavalier(scoring the only goal for TB in the Shootout), Malone, Prospal and Artyukhin all very dangerous players to face in a shootout but Cujo had no problem. Toskala has had lots of problems in Shootouts this year along with regular play... So I am standing by what I said Toronto is better off without Toskala and according to the stats Toronto has been looking with out him... Bye Bye Toskala you suck

speak english
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2009 :  08:45:15  Show Profile
Couple of things.

1) Although this last guest was a little short, grammer is important in posts and it is also part of the forum rules.

http://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=609
http://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=608
http://pickuphockey.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2160

2) I think it's not an accurate assesment in comparing Toskala's entire season against Joseph and Gerber have played in the last 10 games. I took a look back at Toskala's last 10 games to see the difference.

Toskala was 5-0-5 in the last 10 games he played. Not a single regulation loss and TO got 15 of a possible 20 points. He faced an average of 34.7 shots/game, had a .916 save percentage and a GAA of 2.97.

Gerber and Joseph, in the time since Toskala's season ending injury, have a combined record of 4-4-0, with 50% regulation losses with TO getting 8 of a possible 16 points. They faced an average of 28.8 shots per game, have a save percentage of .891 and a GAA of 3.11.

Statistically speaking, how was Toskala worse???? The arguement of not having all those players is gargabe because TO has allowed 8 FEWER shots a game since Toskala went down to his fake injury requiring his fake surgery.

Go to Top of Page

Guest0400
( )

Posted - 03/22/2009 :  11:58:04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTnUmCskOVI&feature=channel_page damn hanley!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4249
( )

Posted - 03/22/2009 :  13:29:14
quote:

Couple of things.

1) Although this last guest was a little short, grammer is important in posts and it is also part of the forum rules.

2) I think it's not an accurate assesment in comparing Toskala's entire season against Joseph and Gerber have played in the last 10 games. I took a look back at Toskala's last 10 games to see the difference.

Toskala was 5-0-5 in the last 10 games he played. Not a single regulation loss and TO got 15 of a possible 20 points. He faced an average of 34.7 shots/game, had a .916 save percentage and a GAA of 2.97.

Gerber and Joseph, in the time since Toskala's season ending injury, have a combined record of 4-4-0, with 50% regulation losses with TO getting 8 of a possible 16 points. They faced an average of 28.8 shots per game, have a save percentage of .891 and a GAA of 3.11.

Statistically speaking, how was Toskala worse???? The arguement of not having all those players is gargabe because TO has allowed 8 FEWER shots a game since Toskala went down to his fake injury requiring his fake surgery.

Amen. As usual, Beans lays down the truth and all of the non believers can either
a) Be quiet for a change
b) Come back with inaccurate and unsubstantiated drivel

My guess is that hanley will (again) respond with "b"
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2009 :  06:13:22  Show Profile
quote:

Couple of things.

in Toskala's last 10 games he played 1 good game that was his last game. He only played a hand full of decent games this year.. You can't say it's the team around him because they were doing there job or because he was "injured", thats crap he sucked last year too. Toskala has a losing record this year. The Leafs now have a winning record without him, and they are missing 5 key players I think that's says it all, that's proof enough that Toronto is better off without Toskala
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2009 :  06:14:19  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0400

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTnUmCskOVI&feature=channel_page damn hanley!!!!

hahaha yeah you're cool buddy
Go to Top of Page

Guest8228
( )

Posted - 03/23/2009 :  07:56:51
quote:

in Toskala's last 10 games he played 1 good game that was his last game. He only played a hand full of decent games this year.. You can't say it's the team around him because they were doing there job or because he was "injured", thats crap he sucked last year too. Toskala has a losing record this year. The Leafs now have a winning record without him, and they are missing 5 key players I think that's says it all, that's proof enough that Toronto is better off without Toskala

They were 5-1-4 over his last 10 games.

Save percentages over Toskala's last 6 games:

Average shots against him in these games - 38.8. They were 4-0-2 over that span.

Five of these games were against playoff teams.

Add a .939 with a win over Montreal, two OT losses, and a stinker against Tampa where he got chased. That's his last 10 games.

hanley - STOP. Just stop making a fool of yourself. You've provided nothing, mind you NOTHING (over and over, no less) that even hints that you know what you're talking about.....and you've spanned it over 4 pages.

Just STOP. Now.

If you're going to copy/paste your same argument (if that's what you call it), then do it somewhere else.

You add ZERO value here. ZERO little buddy.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8228
( )

Posted - 03/23/2009 :  07:57:57
quote:

Amen. As usual, Beans lays down the truth and all of the non believers can either
a) Be quiet for a change
b) Come back with inaccurate and unsubstantiated drivel

My guess is that hanley will (again) respond with "b"

P.S. I hate to say I told you so......
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2009 :  09:46:21  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8228

quote:

Average shots against him in these games - 38.8. They were 4-0-2 over that span.

Add a .939 with a win over Montreal, two OT losses, and a stinker against Tampa where he got chased. That's his last 10 games.

hanley - STOP. Just stop making a fool of yourself. You've provided nothing, mind you NOTHING (over and over, no less) that even hints that you know what you're talking about.....and you've spanned it over 4 pages.

Just STOP. Now.

If you're going to copy/paste your same argument (if that's what you call it), then do it somewhere else.

like I said before little buddy whats the excuse for toskala's SEASON playing so s***ty?????????? There is no excuse he just sucked all year long. Now he's out and now Toronto is a winning team.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2009 :  10:30:40  Show Profile
Simple put, the "reason" (not excuse) that Toskala has had a sub par year is two fold. Firstly, I will agree that Tosala himself has been sub par. He has not played as well as he has in the past. Some could also argue that a hip injury requiring surgery had a negative impact on Toskala's ability.

The second, and biggest reason that Toskala had an off year was that the Leafs defense is argueably the worst in the leauge. Look at it objectively and you will have to agree. They are not good, they are not average. At best, they are in the bottom 5 worst defensive groups (both forwards and defensemen) in the league. Sure, they are in the middle of the road in shots against per game, but they are dead last in goals against per game.

You can not think for one second that a goalie is going to stop ever shot and you can not for one second say that every goal against is blamed on the goalie. I would love to find stats or clips that would show all the goals against the Leafs this season and see how many could be viewed as a skater not doing their job defensively and/or the goal scorer being wide open.

Honestly, Toskala's bad season is 10% his play, 90% the (for the lack of better words) Pathetic Toronto team defense.

Edited by - Beans15 on 03/23/2009 10:31:54
Go to Top of Page

Guest8228
( )

Posted - 03/23/2009 :  12:26:16
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Guest8228

quote:

Just STOP. Now.

like I said before little buddy whats the excuse for toskala's SEASON playing so s***ty?????????? There is no excuse he just sucked all year long. Now he's out and now Toronto is a winning team.

Why don't we start with your comment about him only playing one good game in his last 10 before you change the subject again?

One good game in his last 10, true or false little man?
Go to Top of Page

Reeder17
Rookie

Canada
112 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2009 :  12:46:25  Show Profile
http://thereedreview.com/clarkyblog1.aspx

We got another Hanley!

Crosby is not the Lord & Savior of the NHL, get over yourself McGuire.

Gretzky has never once high-sticked a member of the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page